Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:22 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times

Advertisements

Look, you can try to smear Bob Mueller and his team, but the reality is that this is like the SEAL Team Six of law enforcement investigation. Some will inevitably have some history of political affiliation (as does everyone), but these are career experts with deep legal / investigative expertise significant professional achievements. Mueller - unlike, say, Donald Trump - has a stellar career reputation and has many people throughout his career vouching for his integrity and impartiality. Unlike Trump, he has built a lifetime of service and also fought valiantly as a Marine in Vietnam rather than find ways to cop out.

Bob Mueller has the kind of personal reputation that Trump (and none of the rest of you on here) couldn't even dream of, let alone touch. He and his team are not the types who are going to risk their professional reputations lightly and engage into things as impetuously as Trump with a Twitter account at 3am.

If these big dogs are being called out, that is a sign to me that evidence is serious enough to warrant a close look. They don't assemble a team like this if there are no suspicious indicators and ask them "so what stuff can you fabricate to nail Trump?" Doesn't necessarily mean Trump is guilty, but it suggests to me that the investigation itself is legit.

Seems to me that if you're so quick to dismiss it as a "witch Hunt", then you probably fit the definition of a Trump shill. You do know that you don't have to believe everything he tweets, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 11:27 AM

24,019 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Now he is tweeting he is being investigated for firing the FBI director by the man who told him to fire the FBI director. Rod's next to go.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:28 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times
Because it's been a year since this investigation s

And for all the leaks coming out there is not a single thing that proves any coriginality llusion ot obstruction

Old 06-16-2017, 11:28 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,825,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, you can try to smear Bob Mueller and his team, but the reality is that this is like the SEAL Team Six of law enforcement investigation. Some will inevitably have some history of political affiliation (as does everyone), but these are career experts with deep legal / investigative expertise significant professional achievements. Mueller - unlike, say, Donald Trump - has a stellar career reputation and has many people throughout his career vouching for his integrity and impartiality. Unlike Trump, he has built a lifetime of service and also fought valiantly as a Marine in Vietnam rather than find ways to cop out.

Bob Mueller has the kind of personal reputation that Trump (and none of the rest of you on here) couldn't even dream of, let alone touch. He and his team are not the types who are going to risk their professional reputations lightly and engage into things as impetuously as Trump with a Twitter account at 3am.

If these big dogs are being called out, that is a sign to me that evidence is serious enough to warrant a close look. They don't assemble a team like this if there are no suspicious indicators and ask them "so what stuff can you fabricate to nail Trump?" Doesn't necessarily mean Trump is guilty, but it suggests to me that the investigation itself is legit.

Seems to me that if you're so quick to dismiss it as a "witch Hunt", then you probably fit the definition of a Trump shill. You do know that you don't have to believe everything he tweets, right?
Not a conservative, but I blame right-wing media like Sean Hannity and Alex Jones for the narrative that it's all a media conspiracy to overturn a democratic election. The thing is, no matter how many times they repeat it, that doesn't make it true. Listen to Sean Hannity's radio show and you'll hear the same buzz phrases and talking points repeated over and over again that C-D forum Trump supporters post in almost every thread. Conservatives soak in everything Sean Hannity says like its gospel truth.

I agree with you that you really have to grasp at straws to believe this is all a big conspiracy, especially given the evidence we already have and the behavior of Trump himself.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,115,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This is my point of view as well, if there was ABSOLUTELY nothing then there would have been no need for Mueller to assemble this team of veteran top notch investigators and lawyers. He even brought on people who were involved with investigating Watergate.

Whether Trump supporters like it or not, it's clear that things are suspicious enough to need a very close examination. It might not be anything outright criminal, but it's clear that Trump is very shady.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:57 AM

15,651 posts, read 10,410,318 times
I'm not a "die hard conservative", but I believe Trump has been entwined in a witch hunt by the Leftist politicians and the Progressive media. The constant stories in the media based on anonymous sources. The lack of any evidence Trump colluded with Russia. The change in direction to obstruction when collusion didn't stick.

The country is headed in a dangerous direction. The shooting of a Republican Congressman and attempted murder of numerous other Republicans on that ball field is more evidence of that fact.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:07 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not a "die hard conservative", but I believe Trump has been entwined in a witch hunt by the Leftist politicians and the Progressive media. The constant stories in the media based on anonymous sources. The lack of any evidence Trump colluded with Russia. The change in direction to obstruction when collusion didn't stick.

The country is headed in a dangerous direction. The shooting of a Republican Congressman and attempted murder of numerous other Republicans on that ball field is more evidence of that fact.

I totally agree. I am also not a "die hard conservative" but I believe that Trump has faced an unprecedented grilling because he is an outsider and they fear him that much.
It has been an all out attack on him since day one in an attempt to discredit him and change public opinion to cast a shadow of doubt on everything he does.
The Dems are masters at this.

I can't help but think if Hillary was elected amidst her scandals that the media would have failed to report on her and the charges would be out of the public domain and only be talked about on conservative radio.

The Dems are going to keep on digging on Trump until they unearth something that sticks.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:16 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,529,520 times
Why is it so hard to believe that presidents who are elected democratically can be impeached for their behavior after their election? Maybe the election wasn't rigged and any investigations would have borne out this fact. He may be impeached because he continued interfere with investigations into his 'alleged' behavior.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Commonsense and observation.

When collusion is given as the reason and collusion isn't a crime. Its a witch hunt.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:20 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Commonsense and observation.

When collusion is given as the reason and collusion isn't a crime. Its a witch hunt.
Obstruction of Justice and money laundering would be. And there are enough suspicious signs for the nation's foremost legal experts with access to the data to at least take a closer look. It would seem that your view is mainly formed from partisan allegiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies