Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

I lived in rural upstate NY.
I was drug addicted if you consider stock cars, quads dirt bikes snowmobiles, hunting/shooting adrenaline producing as a drug... and my dealer being the woods, fields, frozen lakes, trails, Malta, Syracuse, Lebanon Valley, Accord, Orange County, Fonda...

I was in so much poverty, I paid my college tuition in full with cash up front.
Bought a house at 20 and renovated it and paid it off at 25. I was so broke... man... Nola is right. We're all hicks in the sticks that need a lesson from their holier than thou know it all and what's best for you mentality.

Texas, Florida. This is what you get from the city. Don't let them in. Farm states, Jack their food prices up so their slice of pizza with fresh made tomato sauce costs 15 a piece. And that 2 am street corner dirty water dog cost 20 bucks a piece. Nola admitted They're so rich they wipe with hundred dollar bills.
Truckers you can get a slice of the pie, charge them 5 bucks per mile.
Barge operators along the Hudson River you too.

I had my hands in constructing their weekend/summer homes, I've seen the money they're willing to pay for it, plus what they drive. Electric companies pay close attention. They're terrified of the dark and need motion detector spot lights on their houses and keep their yards lit up like down town Manhattan.

So Nola when you coming down to retire to Florida after NY bends ya over in taxes and the red farming states whack you on food?

I'm an opportunist and well... if you want to admit to being oh so wealthy I think a taste of your own "tax the rich" medicine is in order. Better get the EPA to fine the bus companies and taxi services for using diesel and gasoline public transportation services like they did to industries that used coal... Just for good measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 01:11 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Different values -- like what?

What values do urban people have that rural people don't?

What a bunch of hogwash and justification for feeling sorry for them. WAH WAH we don't get the same attention --

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.
Your post whether intentionally or not applies well to both sides although it's the people that live in large urban areas that seem to have the biggest gripe and whine the loudest because they can't control elections the way they would like to.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:17 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I
Bought a house at 20 and renovated it and paid it off at 25. I was so broke... man... Nola is right. We're all hicks in the sticks that need a lesson from their holier than thou know it all and what's best for you mentality.
Not my fault if you don't understand statistics.

The fact that rural areas are the poorest, least educated, most drug addicted areas does not mean that EVERYONE is poor, uneducated, etc. just like the fact that urban areas are the richest, most educated, least drug addicted mean that EVERYONE is rich, educated, etc.

There are billionaires in Mexico and people living in the gutter in Switzerland. That doesn't mean Mexico is rich and Switzerland poor.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
What is more controversial is why so many conservative voters were swayed to choose a candidate in 2016 who by most measures is neither conservative, nor aligned with their core cultural values.
Because they were and continued to be lied to. Once they get hit with drops in coverage on health insurance when the Republicans in the Senate push the AHCA through reconciliation rather than actually hold a real vote for it, they'll change their time.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:22 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Obama received the majority of votes from people that were high school drop outs.

The reason the education stats are a little skewed is because people that are in the skilled trades are more likely to vote Republican and not have went for a Master's degree or something at a liberal arts school.

So we're back to all of the evidence we need..people like Nola101 just think they're better than that type of American.

and this is why I think it's funny when they lose elections and people like them in NYC stomp their feet like little spoiled children.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:23 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
. . . Nola is right. We're all hicks in the sticks that need a lesson from their holier than thou know it all and what's best for you mentality . . .
NOLA is a fantastic illustration of why Hillary lost even in states like PA and MI. As the attitude he displays becomes more prominent in the Democratic party, it's losing its claim on being the party of the working class or the disenfranchised. "We're rich and have Ivy league degrees, you're poor and drug-addicted, therefore we're better than you" is not exactly an effective campaign slogan. And then folks like him act surprised and dismayed when his supposed inferiors vote for a candidate who comes along and tells the "superiors" to go fk themselves.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
So we're back to all of the evidence we need..people like Nola101 just think they're better than that type of American.
Yes, I do. I think I'm better than racists and nativists. I'm far from perfect, but I wouldn't vote for a KKK candidate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
and this is why I think it's funny when they lose elections and people like them in NYC stomp their feet like little spoiled children.
No, we will fight back and take this country back from the bigots, know-nothings and traitors.

Trump will be impeached within a year, and his enablers will never be forgotten. They are traitors to this country.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
NOLA is a fantastic illustration of why Hillary lost even in states like PA and MI.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Rural redneck were about to vote for Hillary, but once they found out that rich, educated, well-traveled people were voting for Hillary, they decided to vote for the racist, traitorous candidate, just because.

Yeah, makes a heck of a lot of sense.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:29 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, I do. I think I'm better than racists and nativists. I'm far from perfect, but I wouldn't vote for a KKK candidate.

No, we will fight back and take this country back from the bigots, know-nothings and traitors.

Trump will be impeached within a year, and his enablers will never be forgotten. They are traitors to this country.
So because in an honest election your choice did not win you want to overthrow the government. Now tell me? Who is the traitor in this situation?

Old 06-17-2017, 01:29 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

lol go back to bed you aren't going to do a damn thing.

Go slurp on Hillary some more even a lot of Democrats and the people that voted for Sanders think people like you are a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies