Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:23 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"That's the way I was raised, you look out for each other"
Military vet, union member - these are exactly the candidates Democrats need to challenge the anti-worker Trump administration. Paul Ryan hasn't even held a town hall in his district for 600 days, he's to busy making secret back room deals with Goldman Sachs plutocrats in everything from internet privacy to healthcare. It's time liberals get behind Randy and dispose of Paul Ryan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels

An Ironworker With a Great Mustache Is Coming for Paul Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 09:31 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
a sob story with tiny violin music. D's will slurp it up

Old 06-22-2017, 09:36 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
a sob story with tiny violin music. D's will slurp it up
P**sy grabbing draft dodger, the R's will slurp it up.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:44 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
I hope I am not punished for clicking on this thread........piffle, a non subject.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
P**sy grabbing draft dodger, the R's will slurp it up.
Bill Clinton is a dem.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:21 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
What a kind man. He wants to save everyone but the tax payer.
A hardworking Iron worker who works hard everyday to provide for himself and his son wants to give the government more of his money. Then his family can be dependent on the government and not have to work so hard.
He knows more about how government should work. Then he will get to congress and be told how to vote by Nancy Pelosi. His dream will meet reality but he won't complain because he never met reality before. Just like D.C. he doesn't live there.

Thank you for your support.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:20 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
I do not understand Paul Ryan ' s appeal. A guy who says he's been dreaming about a way to take away people's medicaid and Medicare since he was drinking from a keg? Who talks like that?

I've had zero respect for him since he lied about his marathon time. Seriously not cool.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:53 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Ryan has weakened the office of Speaker of the House. I doubt he will suffer an election loss, given the district's demographics, but I think he may be challenged for Speaker in 2018.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Its time for the change... Ryan has been like one driven by a Antebellum set of Ideals, which is "give no benefit and provisions to the public" None whatsoever!!

"DON'T LET MONEY CHANGE YOU"

Its time someone who understand what it is to have a job, actually work, and knows the value of "unions" in our American Society. That's the nature of leadership needed; if the right minded people support him and help him navigate the shark infested waters, then he can promote the good of the nation and look out for the way government is suppose to put the concerns for the people above all the "give ways to the wealthy", and pandering to the corporate interest.

Ryan loves to play the "Voucher Game', which is by design set up to strip, deny and minimize the benefits the public
can gain and utilize by the system of our governance. It will be great to fully expose the Right Winger and Republican Establishment for the Confederate Antebellum Ideals and Pursuits.

Its time American learn the value of America from the working person stand point. Ryan has always been a monster out to demonize the working people of America.. He thinks in the exact farm of mind like an Old Plantation Owner, in the sense that he see's people as disposable, if they are unable to be a high producing worker, there is no need for them and if they get old, they are penalized because they worked jobs, that no longer provided a pension or medical coverage and they did not pay a living wage that had any means to provide enough for people to build saving accounts.

When I was a kid, I was excited to have a Bank Saving Account, now days, people in many areas can't have a saving account because they don't earn enough, and in many impoverished areas, the first thing that left was "Banks", the last thing that will come to those communities is "Banks'. When banks don't come, they also are reluctant to loan to communities where they have no offices. Maybe we get the right people in place, we may see a new surge in the development of "Community Banks" and those banks can function in the Niche of Community... and not transfer the resources to some Conglomerate Establishment that feeds Wall Street.

The benefit of someone who comes from the sector of working people, can't be easily made to forget the hardships of manual labor in this country. Most of the wealthy in this country got that way, off the backs of the people and the labor of the people. Those Billions of dollars people make claim to, is a clear demonstration they have no paid fair wages to the general public, because if they had, the public would be able to afford a home and have a saving account, and they would be able to support other business in their community. The Symbolism of increasing numbers
of Billionaires, in essence tell how devastated the general public is, and how lowly they are paid.

Its the principle of slavery and indenture on a grad scale. Even with banks, when they can claim 3-7 billion EVERY 3 MONTHS it tells how much they have fleeced the public, by a game of fee based robbery. Now they are firing the tellers, and going automation, but hopefully people close those accounts and go to banks that have actual "human beings" Interacting and making transactions with your money"... Banks now want to make money by not dealing with the human being. yet, money is a very important element in our society. They want people to do payroll deduction automatically, then they want people to use Ipads when they come in the bank, and I watched last week, as a many in his late 70's presented a Check to the teller, and she convinced him to tear it up and go to the ATM. Never once thinking people in that age range, manage their finances by balancing their own check book, not waiting to read a monthly statement. They like to know here they stand at each stage of their expenditures.
But these people are now trained to discourage older people from managing in the way they are comfortable with.

I could tell, they are not likely to see this gentleman at that branch again, he did not look happy having his chosen method changed and made to fell as if he does not know what he is doing.

Many people in poor communities, are forced to use "Money Orders', because the fee's associated with a checking account is money they can't afford to just give away in the level banks fees are charged. Many people still like to use "Cash", they don't care for using ATM/DEBIT Cards.
I personally "will not use my ATM/DEBT card at all establishments, and I Never Use it to buy anything from the Internet. I use a Refillable Amex card, because if any fraud happens, they can't get any more than I put on the card and if something happens and they are hacked... they don't have access to lock up my Checking Account or Clean it out and I have to take off work and wait weeks to get it cleared up. It cost me $60 a yrs to have Unlimited Refills to the Refillable Card. I also can track my expenditures, but I also prefer to use Cash in many places, because I don't expose my information to buy a cup of coffee or some small items.
I use my ATM for Fuel, and Food, Clothing, at well known stores. If I have the urge to buy via the Internet I use the refillable card, because some business may fold and I'm not interested in them selling my information, but I always use it through the pay pal system, because it has good security.

When my the year starts again and relatives go to and back to College I will send them with a "Refillable" card.

Back to "Real Working People" being in our Congress, they can understand reality of community life, not the wealthy politician's who reside in "wealthy private enclaves" where they only go into the real community for a Photo Op, and when the constituency tries to talk to them, they treat them as if they are some Royal figure and talk down to the people who try to meet with them, or send them to some low level note taker, and never have time for the people, until its "vote chasing time". Besides, it likely won't be that the average working person type in Congress won't spend their whole time in Office Campaigning for Re-election... on a continual fund rasing mission. The average working person Congressman, knows that his job it to get out and meet people, talk to people and not hob knob with only the wealthy and be in some "wealth measuring games with other wealth chasing congressional people"

The crop we have now, these people are so out of touch with reality, as many have lived above the people, and some come from a level of wealthy where their ideals don't fit nor match anything that the average American deals with on a daily basis.
The average Politician now, sends out nothing but "Form Letters" to Constituency with some "generic canned response" that does not specifically address what the individual presented as inquiry and concern. It is time for change in American to get rid of the "Rich Man's Club in Our Congress". They dictated over the people long enough, treating the public as a bunch of SERF's... Thinking the public to be nothing more than "generalized groupings of levels of ignorance's".

We need people who don't water down bills with madness, and then hold bills hostage to extract pet project money on the back of legislation that was designed for a specific purpose.

President Obama tried to talk to the people in "Real Terms", but the wealthy establishment invested heaviliy to attack anything and everything, because they did not want to give control to the people to make their determination that best suit them, so they attacked every thing Obama did for the benefit of the people. The establishment of the wealthy resented that he did not take the pathway of 'chasing the money when he came out of college", instead he got some basic experience in a Law Firm and then headed into the Community to use his skillset to fight for the people. He was heavilty criticized for it, because he was an Icon that represented the people, and not the interest of the wealthy, so they set out to vilify him from the very start and throughout his Presidency. They downplayed the massive work it took to get the Economy off its knees, they resented that he understood the need for the vast supply chain of the Automotive Industry to remain viable, by helping save the Auto Industry, They resented that he put controls on the banks to curtail the games. Congress would not help nor support him prosecuting the criminals in banking, insurance and the Financial Industry. They resented every element of work, to stop the home losses. They tried to blame it on minorities, but the real truth is was the wanna be white middle class, and the actual middle class, who did the "trade up" trying to living in communities with over priced housing, and did not understand that the rate adjustment would
bury them. It was the house flippers, who tried to own 5-10 or more properties, because they could get them by signing on the dotted line, with no thought that the over inflated price would eventually leave them upside down with a continually escalating payment, when the job losses were systemic and the wage rate stagnant and on the decline, a set up guaranteed to generate massive default.

Fannie and Freddie said it would buy Mortgage packaged to help banks with lesser load, so they could make homes affordable, but the Real Estate Market saw it as a game to raise the prices of home, and the banks saw it as a lure in with a rubber bait on the multi prong hook, and then fleece and strip to entice people to take out every penny of
equity and they went to far as to loan 125% of the homes base value. Yet, not thought about rasing the Property
Tax, yet they knew the people would demand more public service when they thought they had moved into a upscale community, but they did not want to pay higher property taxes for the cities to meed their demands. When it all crashed, we saw cities going bankrupt because those home became empty producing no tax revenue for the cities,
and cities faltered.

The short attention span of people never thought to consider these thing, no one cares to read anything over 140 character, and so society became less an lesser informed, and the fleecing became greater and greater, from the homeowner to the bonds traders, no one had a clue what they were doing, what they were trading and what damages they were invoking. "Grab The Money Mentality" dominated every aspect of the Financial systems across this nation.
No one had any savings.. and when it all caved in... Those who made all the money in the Financial Industry backed
out and took the money and ran... and then we saw nothing but a rise in "new Internet Banking" non of which had a physical branch on any inch of American Soil. They had learned the game, and they knew the fee based system would
Enrich them, and lending and earning interest was low on the scale, it was about "packaging and selling debt"... and claiming assets by any means. We saw that with Well Fargo, creating fake Account, to give the illusion that its business was booming, when fact it, it was fiction amplified. To play the game of "stock manipulation", because they knew the Stock market no longer cared about actual performance, they only cared to use what ever they could to pretend to be prospering so "speculation" would drive up the stock ticker... Then they borrow against the fiction, pay themselves heft bonuses, the attorneys made a fortune, and the executives from banking to insurance made off with a kings ransom, the Derivatives traders went into overdrive, fraction-lizing everything, to quadruple profits, When this took off, they issued each other stocks by the millions, and 10's of million all across every industry, as if these hired help as "executives" was now having ownership transferred to themselves by a board they sat as Chairman, and directed pay packages as they were plantation owners with a mass volume of slaves.

Yes, its time for Average People to win... they don't need 100's of million for Media Advertisement, they need money basically to Fly from Location to Location and ACTUALLY TALK TO THE PEOPLE, FACE TO FACE. That is the new methods of Campaigning. TV has become nothing but a negative spin, to play on the drama of peoples fear and disposition of not being aware.

If the Democrats are smart, they will make a plane available to get this guy on the plane and out to talk to the people where they can hear him, understand him and he can interact and understand them.... Now more swap the TV and make the media rich, because the media will only spin what makes them advertising profits.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Cool Iron worker Randy Bryce is coming for Paul Ryan's house seat

He probably doesn't stand a chance, but I wish him lots of luck.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies