Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 08:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Why would you want a person who can't manage his own finances to handle the country's?
So poor people are there because they can't manage their finances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 08:36 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,897,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This. Exactly this.

It really does make me sad that so many people were brainwashed into thinking Trump actually cares about them.
Do you visit someone in section 8 for financial advice?
Do you visit someone who can't hold a job and has a crap credit history for advice?
I know that I don't. This isn't about Trump being a good guy. It's about picking someone who might be able to do the job, because they have a history of being able to do the job. Hire the most qualified only makes sense.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,897,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So poor people are there because they can't manage their finances?
Not all but many if not most. Bad breaks happen, but lets face facts. The family in section 8 housing for 10 years, it isn't a bad break.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This. Exactly this.

It really does make me sad that so many people were brainwashed into thinking Trump actually cares about them.
Weird, right???? Than, talking about unity and still bashing anyone he can. I like it when a president is a role model. I am so sick of this boy/child playing the victim and god at the same time. I hope he resigns and runs along and plays with his big old toys once again. President and commander in chief is not his calling in life. IMO.............................ahh............... ......arg....................when will this nightmare end??????

Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times
There was no need to throw a slam at a bunch of people in order to defend his choice.

He merely could have said that he supports his choice of Wilbur Ross because of Wilbur Ross's great business skills and success and that the amount of his wealth should not be used as criticism against him.

It's petty to put down people like that.

Trump at a rally was putting down Mitt Romney and used the fact Romney wasn't as rich as Trump to prove Romney was a nobody. The crowd cheered -- as if anybody of them had money -- lol.

It was meant as an insult to Romney but it definitely implied anybody who isn't as rich as Trump isn't as worthy.......and well -- that puts a whole bunch of us in that group -- lol.

Again -- we get the point -- it was a bad joke but it slamming for the sake of slamming. Trump is that guy who is so insecure that he can't even present a credible defense without a childish rebuke to the opposition.

The fuss that people are making about Trump's statement is based on that -- it's his childish defense of his choices. Are you telling me that he needs to do that to appeal to his voters? Because i don't believe that -- I think most are smarter.

10,190 posts, read 7,968,211 times
Liberals would rather have people that can't handle money in top economic roles.

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
This guy lost every remaining bit of respect I had for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...ic-roles%3Famp

Trump:
He spits in the face of his cultists and the lemmings continue to lick his feet for the crumbs he drops.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,778,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Do you visit someone in section 8 for financial advice?
Do you visit someone who can't hold a job and has a crap credit history for advice?
I know that I don't. This isn't about Trump being a good guy. It's about picking someone who might be able to do the job, because they have a history of being able to do the job. Hire the most qualified only makes sense.
How can you defend this??? Seriously? Rich people are smarter than poor people? Rich people are more qualified??

Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 AM

628 posts, read 696,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The greatest president we had was among the poorest: Lincoln

The worst President we had is the richest: The one who shall not be named.

Think about it.
: No name needed

Old 06-22-2017, 08:58 AM

21,492 posts, read 10,607,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There was no need to throw a slam at a bunch of people in order to defend his choice.

He merely could have said that he supports his choice of Wilbur Ross because of Wilbur Ross's great business skills and success and that the amount of his wealth should not be used as criticism against him.

It's petty to put down people like that.

Trump at a rally was putting down Mitt Romney and used the fact Romney wasn't as rich as Trump to prove Romney was a nobody. The crowd cheered -- as if anybody of them had money -- lol.

It was meant as an insult to Romney but it definitely implied anybody who isn't as rich as Trump isn't as worthy.......and well -- that puts a whole bunch of us in that group -- lol.

Again -- we get the point -- it was a bad joke but it slamming for the sake of slamming. Trump is that guy who is so insecure that he can't even present a credible defense without a childish rebuke to the opposition.

The fuss that people are making about Trump's statement is based on that -- it's his childish defense of his choices. Are you telling me that he needs to do that to appeal to his voters? Because i don't believe that -- I think most are smarter.
I agree with this assessment. He's a braggart, and I cannot stand those rallies nor understand the people who go to them. I don't think politicians should be treated like rock stars, and our last two have been. It's a disturbing trend.

All I care about is can he get the job done and will people in congress set aside party and work with him for our benefit. The Democrats have sorely disappointed me, but so have the quaking in their shoes Republicans. And this has been going on for a long time now. I'm sick of the never ending election cycle keeping these congress people from doing anything but posturing with hearings for fear of the next election. They should have term limits if it's going to effect the way they do their jobs.

Last edited by katygirl68; 06-22-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies