Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

Under Obama, the Democrat party was destroyed. They lost the US House, the US Senate, the Presidency (and Bill Clinton's wife was supposed to be a sure thing), most of the Governor's houses and 68 of the 98 partisan state chambers. And they have lost every special election since Nov 8th. Devastating.

Yet what do they do? They are going to have Obama campaign for them some more. Insanity?

I fully endorse this position.

Barack Obama Plans Return to Campaign Trail to Save Democrats
That's because people are aw struck by celebrity and are easy. Silly if you ask me. Obama still sits on the commode to ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Hmm.

Under Obama, the Democrat party was destroyed. They lost the US House, the US Senate, the Presidency (and Bill Clinton's wife was supposed to be a sure thing), most of the Governor's houses and 68 of the 98 partisan state chambers. And they have lost every special election since Nov 8th. Devastating.

Yet what do they do? They are going to have Obama campaign for them some more. Insanity?

I fully endorse this position.

Barack Obama Plans Return to Campaign Trail to Save Democrats
Yeah, I just checked... Democrats still hold 45% of the seats in congress which isn't exactly my definition of destroyed.

And Hillary did win the popular vote, and while I know that does not mean she's president (nor does it mean she should be), it does say something.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

And Hillary did win the popular vote, and while I know that does not mean she's president (nor does it mean she should be), it does say something.
Here's your popular vote at the end of Obama's Presidency.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm curious what makes you say this. Is it because OP said "Obama"? Is it because OP said "Dems"? What makes you say that she's "scared" of this failed experiment by the left?
The title of the thread gave the OP away. Most ex-presidents come out and work for their own party after they leave office. For the OP to characterize that very normal occurrence as "desperate" was telling. It's a case of "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

How can President Obama reentering the political scene be a "failed experiment" when it hasn't even begun yet?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:35 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
It means she had a weak message to begin with and on top of that didn't know how to campaign properly.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The idea of a sane, competent and well liked ex-president rejoining the political realm scares the crap out of you, doesn't it, OP?

As well it should.

Bring on the great divider. Add him to Pelosi and Schumer... the TRIFECTA OF FAILURE

Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Bring on the great divider. Add him to Pelosi and Schumer... the TRIFECTA OF FAILURE
President Obama left office with a 59% approval rating. That's about equal to Trumps disapproval rating.

You were saying about the great divider?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
President Obama left office with a 59% approval rating.
Yet Democrat party was destroyed while he was in office and due to his policies. And that was determined by the only polls that matter. The elections.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
What a waste of keystrokes. When was the last time California had a Republican governor?
Wasn't the Governator? Though I remember seeing a lot of RINO thrown around about him.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:48 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
Quote:
Sure there is.
  • Democrats should to a thorough self-examination on why they have been destroyed as a political party over the last 8 years.
  • Adopt a new platform that isn't so toxic to much of America.
  • Campaign on this new platform.
It's as simple as that.

You are correct. Rolling out the same old, same old, is stupid.
But every cause wants a familiar, popular face. Obama is the only contender that I can think of that fits that for Dems so, to me, it made sense. Just like Reagan would make sense to me for conservatives whereas the Bushes and Trump is less of a unifying factor (though very popular to those who support them). Who knows, maybe it will be Trump after he's out of office! Just saying not sure Dems have a better choice at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies