Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 07:11 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Give details, NOT accusations, assumptions, Ifs, maybes, or unsupported "un-named sources, etc but, ACTUAL PROVEN FACTS.

NOW is the time to make your case.
They already made their case. CNN, New York Times, WaPo, MSNBC all proved that the Russian collusion stories were true.

Haven't you heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 07:14 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I do seem to remember Trump saying he knows a guy in Russia.

Who might that be?
I don't know but, I DO know Hillary has a LOT MORE connections with Russia then Trump and NOT ONE WORD from the dems or the LSM media about it.

Why do you think that is?

Old 06-25-2017, 07:18 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dear Kitty -

It was a cyber attack.

No Russkies went to polling places.

FYI

"It was a cyber attack."

It was an ALLEDGED cyber attack.

FYI

Not 1 single Intelligence Agency has said the Russia SUCCESSFULLY attacked ANYBODY.

ALL the Agencies say that not 1 single vote was affected by Russian "intrusion".

The ONLY REAL info we have is that Podesta GAVE the password to someone he should NOT have.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
"pretending that what happened didn't happen"

OK, what DID happen?

Give details, NOT accusations, assumptions, Ifs, maybes, or unsupported "un-named sources, etc but, ACTUAL PROVEN FACTS.

NOW is the time to make your case.
I don't have to make a case. It's being made by serious federal investigations and by dedicated journalists that you'll label as "fake news."

If you're not interested in looking over all the volumes of info that have been released already, then it's not up to me to convince you of something that your obviously hyperpartisan bias won't allow your mind to accept.

Look it up yourself.

Or keep on posting hopeful little pleas that what's unfolding is all just baloney.

But that's a losing proposition. One that's particularly unattractive after your "big win."

Already tired?

Old 06-25-2017, 07:33 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
"from their own lax cyber security."
I read where it wasn't even that.
Podesta was conned and GAVE them the password for access.
Not true, but I will take one from your playbook "prove it"

Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not true, but I will take one from your playbook "prove it"
Typo led to Podesta email hack: report | TheHill

Old 06-25-2017, 07:42 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Thanks I stand corrected I guess I had confused this story about his password with the phishing event.
Claim that John Podesta's email password was 'password' lacks evidence | PunditFact

Old 06-25-2017, 09:42 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
"from their own lax cyber security."

I read where it wasn't even that.

Podesta was conned and GAVE them the password for access.
If they had even the security we have at our office, that phishing email would have never made it to his email. It would have been quarantined. Podesta even asked his IT guy if the email was legitimate, and the IT person said he probably ought to change his password, but go to the Google website and do it. Podesta just changed it from the email instead. I guess he figured if there was nothing wrong with the email, why bother going to the website?

But that was three levels of bad email security.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hmm, I read elsewhere that the IT guy told him to change his password directly from the website, but this appears to make Podesta even less responsible for this event. I still think better security would have never allowed Podesta to be in that position in the first place. I get a notice nearly everyday about emails caught by our email protection asking if I want to release emails from quarantine. It tells me what's in there and a little bit of the subject or first sentence of the email. Most of them are junk, but I wonder how many are actual viruses like this. I'm just glad we have a level of security to catch this type of thing.

Now maybe they had all that, but this email was so sophisticated that it wasn't caught by the security, but I also read somewhere that when the FBI reviewed the RNC server, they found similar phishing emails in quarantine.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Hmm, I read elsewhere that the IT guy told him to change his password directly from the website, but this appears to make Podesta even less responsible for this event. I still think better security would have never allowed Podesta to be in that position in the first place. I get a notice nearly everyday about emails caught by our email protection asking if I want to release emails from quarantine. It tells me what's in there and a little bit of the subject or first sentence of the email. Most of them are junk, but I wonder how many are actual viruses like this. I'm just glad we have a level of security to catch this type of thing.

Now maybe they had all that, but this email was so sophisticated that it wasn't caught by the security, but I also read somewhere that when the FBI reviewed the RNC server, they found similar phishing emails in quarantine.
LOL, sophisticated. LOL. It is the lowest form around. Well, maybe the African Princess is lower. Useless argument though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies