Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

She's the one who said "everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and we have to point it all out". Based on that quote alone I don't care for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 11:02 PM

983 posts, read 738,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She's the one who said "everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and we have to point it all out". Based on that quote alone I don't care for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efb-VAZRTGA

Old 06-27-2017, 05:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Considering you use terms such as "mansplaining" (basically what a woman calls a man for anything she says she doesn't agree with) and your hostile attitude you seem like a feminazi. Or could it be something else?? Hmm...Here, take some midol AND a chill pill.
As usual, you'll do and say anything to get in the "good" graces of the guys. Your threads have a common theme, and they often appear to be a vehicle through which you get the (male) attention and validation you seem desperate for. That's your CD schtick.

I wonder why? Clearly, you're young, but there's certainly more to it than that. Whatever the reasons are, you're hostile toward smart, well-educated women, for one. That's obvious.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes, that is one of her more well-known errors in thought, but she's had a lot of crackerjacks through the years. She's well-versed in using critical theory and facile language to pretend her arguments are rational and logical. They're neither, and sometimes she gets too comfortable and produces gems like the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
As usual, you'll do and say anything to get in the "good" graces of the guys. Your threads have a common theme, and they often appear to be a vehicle through which you get the (male) attention and validation you seem desperate for. That's your CD schtick.

I wonder why? Clearly, you're young, but there's certainly more to it than that. Whatever the reasons are, you're hostile toward smart, well-educated women, for one. That's obvious.
Hmm. So the lessons you seem to be teaching are a) you aren't allowed to criticize someone's ideas if that person is a woman, no matter how irrational, deceptive, or dishonest they are, and b) if you yourself are a woman you'd better adhere to the solidarity groupthink and not wander off into your own independent thoughts and criticisms.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:36 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yes, that is one of her more well-known errors in thought, but she's had a lot of crackerjacks through the years. She's well-versed in using critical theory and facile language to pretend her arguments are rational and logical. They're neither, and sometimes she gets too comfortable and produces gems like the above.Hmm. So the lessons you seem to be teaching are a) you aren't allowed to criticize someone's ideas if that person is a woman, no matter how irrational, deceptive, or dishonest they are, and b) if you yourself are a woman you'd better adhere to the solidarity groupthink and not wander off into your own independent thoughts and criticisms.
How was her calling the other poster a feminazi and basically saying she must be angry/irrational/whatever because she's on her period a constructive rebuttal? You (general) can respond to people without going there.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
So the lessons you seem to be teaching are a) you aren't allowed to criticize someone's ideas if that person is a woman, no matter how irrational, deceptive, or dishonest they are, and b) if you yourself are a woman you'd better adhere to the solidarity groupthink and not wander off into your own independent thoughts and criticisms.
No. That's not the "lessons" I'm "teaching" at all.

I am a woman who is unafraid to call herself a feminist. But that doesn't prevent me from being well aware of bad female behavior (this video isn't it). As a woman, I've been dealing with PITA females all my life, which is probably why I'm VERY selective about the women I choose to be friends with. I could go on about that, but this thread isn't the place.

Marleine's threads ARE usually meant to provoke, tick women off, and score big points with the guys. I am woman, and I see right through her online tactics. She's young. That's part of it, and I get that. But I'm pretty astute, and my assessment is probably correct.

As a woman and a proud mother of 3, including 2 beautiful sons, who's unafraid to call herself a feminist, I am ALL ABOUT independent thinking and criticism. Marleine, like some other women, has learned that, by criticizing "feminists" and "feminazis," she gets LOTS of attention. And, for some reason, that's what she needs.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
How was her calling the other poster a feminazi and basically saying she must be angry/irrational/whatever because she's on her period a constructive rebuttal? You (general) can respond to people without going there.

Exactly. There are a number of anti-feminist women on CD who are the furthest thing from calm, rational, happy, demure, or even particularly feminine. I always find it amusing and baffling when they start calling other women what they themselves seem to be.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
It all went to hell when we gave them the right to vote.
No doubt, man.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Marleine's threads ARE usually meant to provoke, tick women off, and score big points with the guys. I am woman, and I see right through her online tactics. She's young. That's part of it, and I get that.
It sounds like you have a personal beef with this particular member. I typically don't practice abrasive rhetoric myself, so I can't vouch for any particular phrases. And I frankly don't know nor care whether Marleine has a penis or a vagina. But the thread itself? Nothing wrong with it. It belongs, and should be here for discussion.
Quote:
Marleine, like some other women, has learned that, by criticizing "feminists" and "feminazis," she gets LOTS of attention.
Criticizing *bad ideas* is what we *should* do, and no one should be exempt from reasoned criticism.

I'll agree using the term "feminazi" is counter-productive because it appears acrimonious and is at best non-specific slang.

I'll quote my earlier comments to someone else regarding modern feminism:
Quote:
I enjoy the Factual Feminist series from Christina Hoff Sommers, and also the hour-long talk between Christina and Camille Paglia. Libertarian / egalitarian / equity / individualist feminism.

Anita's form of "feminism" (Marxist feminism and intersectional feminism) is an ideology of perpetual victimhood, regressive thought, and an attempt to gain undue authority that should be criticized and rejected.
^ Beyond Anita herself being a fraud who has raked in *millions* of dollars, I think her form of feminism is harmful to women and should be criticized. Does that mean I think all feminism is regressive? NO!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
No. That's not the "lessons" I'm "teaching" at all.

I am a woman who is unafraid to call herself a feminist. But that doesn't prevent me from being well aware of bad female behavior (this video isn't it). As a woman, I've been dealing with PITA females all my life, which is probably why I'm VERY selective about the women I choose to be friends with. I could go on about that, but this thread isn't the place.

Marleine's threads ARE usually meant to provoke, tick women off, and score big points with the guys. I am woman, and I see right through her online tactics. She's young. That's part of it, and I get that. But I'm pretty astute, and my assessment is probably correct.

As a woman and a proud mother of 3, including 2 beautiful sons, who's unafraid to call herself a feminist, I am ALL ABOUT independent thinking and criticism. Marleine, like some other women, has learned that, by criticizing "feminists" and "feminazis," she gets LOTS of attention. And, for some reason, that's what she needs.
The OP isn't female. It's very obvious the OP is a male pretending to be female. Why? Who knows. Just some guy who's bitter, is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies