Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 04:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times

Advertisements

We are all funny people... but here's simplicity.... If FOR EXAMPLE:
Halle Berry came in any mans house and was stripped down to her natural self, and 'ANY" man who likes women and is in some level of health is the only other person in that house, without a doubt... it is guaranteed, a part of him will "jump to attention" and at the slightest gesture that she might accommodate him... He is going to jump at the opportunity to MULTI-CULTURALLY INTER-RELATE !!!!!

So, people should get off this trip about not being Multi-cultural.. when truth and fact is, if it is something you want in the mix and interaction, all that stuff about not being of motivation to have better levels of relations, they are going to try to find a way to build that relation... before they choose not to what what they originally were in pursuit to want.

I'd like to know who is the first one on here will claim they will not accept blood in a life and death situation except from someone of their own race and has like cultural habits.... I'd like to know who would not accept blood because the person who gave it was an Illegal Immigrant?

See ... when it comes down to the bare elements of wants, desires, and life and death, its all Bull Crap... and Vainity, because in those situations, people will jump to multi-culturalism in a heart beat.

Even during slavery when slavers did not even want to acknowledge black people as being above a farm animal, he could not keep himself out of the slave quarters and it did not matter if it was day or night, he went for the pleasure he wanted. and he would have kicked his wife out of the house, except he needed her for public imagine status in some situation, but his desire was to get with that slave woman anytime he could... He would lie in public and even deny the child that he fathers, but he still went back to that women to fulfill his desires...

So... people talk all this stuff ... hung-up on what is "public opinion and public image and group think of do I fit", but when it comes down to it, it still will fall in the lap of "individuals" foregoing all that stuff... when his wants and desires and needs kick in..... and in many cases if he has to leave the environment of that "group think public image do I fit in containment" he will do that too.

There are countless kids who went off to College and were determined never to go back to where they came from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
My confusion is how we are both Americans but you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

You're aware that many Americans are Hispanic culturally and speak Spanish as their primary language, right?

So, what you think it is to be an American is fading.
Then, who is it that needs to change?

I don't care what culture or language one wants to practice at home. It's about assimilation out in mainstream. I don't think I'm the one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Our mainstream culture and language should never change. I certainly don't desire it for Mexicans, Chinese, Germans, etc. who are living in their own homelands.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:44 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't care what culture or language one wants to practice at home. It's about assimilation out in mainstream. I don't think I'm the one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Our mainstream culture and language should never change. I certainly don't desire it for Mexicans, Chinese, Germans, etc. who are living in their own homelands.
So, you think you'd be right at home in the 1500's?
Or has the US changed too much since then?

Old 06-28-2017, 05:03 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
We are all funny people... but here's simplicity.... If FOR EXAMPLE:
Halle Berry came in any mans house and was stripped down to her natural self, and 'ANY" man who likes women and is in some level of health is the only other person in that house, without a doubt... it is guaranteed, a part of him will "jump to attention" and at the slightest gesture that she might accommodate him... He is going to jump at the opportunity to MULTI-CULTURALLY INTER-RELATE !!!!!
I like women and I wouldn't find Halle Berry in her nude state to be attractive. Then again, I'm the type of man who doesn't need to woman to be in that state in order for me to find her attractive. I will say this though. I am a Black male, and I've had plenty of crushes on non-Black females. It happens. I'm open to that as a man.

Quote:
So, people should get off this trip about not being Multi-cultural.. when truth and fact is, if it is something you want in the mix and interaction, all that stuff about not being of motivation to have better levels of relations, they are going to try to find a way to build that relation... before they choose not to what what they originally were in pursuit to want.
I've always been the type of person who had that openness to multiculturalism. That is just my way. In college I made friends with people from different countries, some people I still have contact with to this day.

Quote:
I'd like to know who is the first one on here will claim they will not accept blood in a life and death situation except from someone of their own race and has like cultural habits.... I'd like to know who would not accept blood because the person who gave it was an Illegal Immigrant?
Well, I will gladly accept blood from anyone, as long as it's clean. If it means life or death, I will take that blood transfusion from anyone. I don't care. When your life is in danger and you need your life saved, the race/ethnicity of that person is not something you should be concerning yourself with.

Quote:
See ... when it comes down to the bare elements of wants, desires, and life and death, its all Bull Crap... and Vainity, because in those situations, people will jump to multi-culturalism in a heart beat.
Sad thing is, we live in a society where tribalism trumps so many things.

Quote:
Even during slavery when slavers did not even want to acknowledge black people as being above a farm animal, he could not keep himself out of the slave quarters and it did not matter if it was day or night, he went for the pleasure he wanted. and he would have kicked his wife out of the house, except he needed her for public imagine status in some situation, but his desire was to get with that slave woman anytime he could... He would lie in public and even deny the child that he fathers, but he still went back to that women to fulfill his desires...
A slave was still counted and property and not a human being. American slave owners likely had sex with their female slaves. They may have liked it. However, sex and love are not the same. And as you say, the slave owner would lie in public and deny that the offspring of such illicit sex were his. That shows what kind of things went on in those days.

Quote:
So... people talk all this stuff ... hung-up on what is "public opinion and public image and group think of do I fit", but when it comes down to it, it still will fall in the lap of "individuals" foregoing all that stuff... when his wants and desires and needs kick in..... and in many cases if he has to leave the environment of that "group think public image do I fit in containment" he will do that too.
There are many who strive to be individuals. Many who want their personal needs taken care of. However, there are those who still have a tribalistic mentality.

Quote:
There are countless kids who went off to College and were determined never to go back to where they came from
Can't deny that. When you've learned better and do better, many things aren't worth returning to.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
So, you think you'd be right at home in the 1500's?
Or has the US changed too much since then?

Our country has only been around since 1776 and I have no idea what you mean about the 1500's.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:07 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our country has only been around since 1776 and I have no idea what you mean about the 1500's.
Do you think your identifying culture sprang forth out of Ben Franklin's​ head?

But, ok, do you think you'd be right at home in 1776?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:25 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not sure what you are arguing because it was discussed that government intervention intentionally places poor minorities in areas that are too white. Under Obama, HUD was actively doing this. They were using larger subsidies to pressure minorities, even if they did not want to live in those typically suburban neighborhoods.

They are "sneaking" refugees into low population areas that are not prepared to have them and without informing or hearing opinions of the citizens of the town. Any diversity engineering programs are wrong. That doesn't mean no minorities, it means government should get out of it, let diversity occur naturally when and where it will, and stop being sneaky with their plans.
Well.. that is and is not the case when viewed in the broader aspect, only in a narrowed concept of sustaining segregationist programming.
As to the small town; it likely is far less costly to place them there, as well as the skill sets some people have may work better in those setting, because people came from places where they had agricultural skills, and others have various craft skills, and many used methods that may not work in larger city environments with varying ordinances based on community type and standards.

So... one can't justify what they don't like or don't want by single dimensional summations... what matters is the broader base of realism that the pool of "variables to factor" is far too vast for such simplicity of limitation of what is ones personal like.

There is a simplicity principle at work in all things, that works itself out in time.. "No Matter How or When BullS---t Spins, Truth Wins !!!!! Truth is: God Made All People, and God Made All People Capable and Able to Relate with All Other People. God controls "Time" and his watch is not like the ones we wear...

Famous Landmark Documentary On Racism In A United States Neighborhood

Africans did not go to Europe and get and certainly did not force white people to come to Africa, they came on their own, and Africans accepted them making home in Africa...and white people had the expectation that they should be accepted, the Africans did not kick him out. The problem is "white people" tried and did to take over the lands of black people and then tried to tell black people in their own land, how to live. It's pure crazy !!!!!

Yet, White people went to Africa and forcefully brought black people to America and then he has the audacity to complain about black people living among him, when the Indians are the ones who accepted white people setting up home in America. again, ... white people tried and did take over the lands of Indian people. And then tried and did engage to tell Indian people in their own land, how to live. He became so arrogant, he killed the Indians and then relegated those he did not kill into reservation on non fertile land and would hunt and kill him if he left the reservation, while at the same time, enslaving the black people, including any darker skin person whom he found here when he first came It's pure crazy !!!!!

The common denominator of such madness is that "white people" took other peoples kindness and acceptance for weakness and let his own avarice push his vanity to want to take from others for the vanity of himself.
Then he became a hoarder, unwilling to share the land with even the people who were originally there, or the people he forcefully brought, or the people who graciously accepted him setting up house. "Its Ludicrous" !!!

This basically says that the history of "white man" ideology... is not one that is honorable and respectful of others and other's right to be and do; even in their own lands and he wants to deny people to be and do, in lands that he by process invaded and killed off as many of its original inhabitants, and then tried to claim as solely being his.

It's the craziest stuff that has made havoc all across the world for centuries. and now we still have people trying to push that same principle here in the 21st century in Cities, communities, states and areas of this Nation. as well as places around the world. Heck in recent decades Iraq is destroyed, the Middle East is Destabilized and After more than a Decade, he is still in Afghanistan... At some point, the Bs has to stop.

The question that comes from these historical variables is with a common denominator; and that is: ... "what is with "white people" ideology?" It appears that "white people (in general as to "SOME" ) SIMPLY NEED TO GET OVER THEMSELVES, AND LEARN TO LIVE AMONG PEOPLE, IN THIS COUNTRY AND THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

Based on such a History of Ideology and Acts; They might be the very reason some ethnicities of cultures of some nations have laws that won't let others buy land in their respective country. History tells them, "they can't trust the "white man" ideology as history has shown them.

One has to wonder .... If it was not for "Money"; "based on history of past conduct, one group of white man" would not even let other groups of white man live where he lives.... It's pure crazy !!!!!

Thank goodness we have "Some" humane respecting white individuals who has the mindset of ideology to live in society and community with other human beings..... and not try to usurp others and take over.... and respect what is Multiculturalism and engages Diplomacy to promote fairness in relations and association.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 06-28-2017 at 07:34 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 06:26 PM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And you never exhibit it. EVER. You jab at the jugular the faintest whiff of liberalism, with no extension of brotherhood for those with opposing viewpoints, no offer of compromise. So for you to write about a great America, unified and equal, when every other post you write strips people raw is the height of hypocrisy.

My heart was filled with negative emotions about you, not others. I had a pineapple and mango smoothie, with a side of sweet plantains, so I'm over it.

But go ahead, prove me wrong. I challenge you to engage with known liberals on this forum, for a week, without one insult and attempting to find common ground.
I state the truth If it is offensive it is not I who makes it offensive, it is the belief system of an opposing view of the reader that makes it offensive. Those who agree it is not offensive

Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Do you think your identifying culture sprang forth out of Ben Franklin's​ head?

But, ok, do you think you'd be right at home in 1776?

Look, our identifying culture has been a melting of other cultures over the years into the basic ingredients. The basic ingredients still remain intact though. I don't know where you think you are going with this. With any dish if you put too much salt or pepper or any other ingredient into the pot it will change the flavor of it and not in a good way. That is what should be avoided so our identifying culture will retain it's natural and recognizable flavor. Overpowering it with too much other ingredients has the opposite effect.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.
Wrong, Skippy. The division is due to hate, ignorance, and fear. You are a prime example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies