Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 01:24 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
I visit Mexico quite often.

If I didn't know better I'd swear that crime and drug cartels weren't a problem!
Were do you visit?

Old 06-25-2017, 01:25 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I was in Sweden last year. I must have missed the crisis.
Where did you visit? Did you go solo or with a tour company?

The ability of liberals to frame their own belief system is mind boggling..

Old 06-25-2017, 01:27 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The US is closer to civil war than Sweden.

How about a real source, like from Sweden?
Will the Pope do?

Quote:
Pope Francis offered some helpful nuance to his approach on immigration at the end of his recent trip to Sweden, for instance distinguishing between migrants and refugees, warning of the dangers of immigrant 'ghettoes,' and saying setting limits is not always selfish.
Quote:
“What is the danger when a refugee or migrant is not integrated?” Francis asked. “He is ghettoized, that is, he enters a ghetto. And a culture that does not develop in relation with another culture, that is dangerous,” he said.
The pope was likely referring to a problem in Sweden due to rising numbers of mostly Islamic immigrants, which has resulted in the development of Muslim-controlled “no-go zones” where law enforcement fears to enter.
And Governments LIE to cover up the real State of Affairs!

https://cruxnow.com/commentary/2016/...ation-realist/

Old 06-25-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Were do you visit?
Places that the everyday native can't afford to go:

Cozumel
Puerto Vallarta
Cancun

I stay far away from the 'villages'!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:

They see only what they wish to see and ignore the rest!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:34 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I was in Sweden last year. I must have missed the crisis.
Quote:
I visit Mexico quite often.

If I didn't know better I'd swear that crime and drug cartels weren't a problem!
I was thinking the same thing for years while traveling down to Cancun or Cozumel. However the last time I was there, the military was walking the port and shopping malls with full auto rifles. There was even a few transport trucks with machine gun turrets cruising the streets. While I didn't see any violence, they were obviously there because of the potential threat.
So just because tourist areas might be free from violence, does not mean other parts of the country are. I suspect if tourists were to travel in "no go zones", they might feel differently.

As to Sweden, I have never been, but this video seems to imply the liberals in government and the press are suppressing the ills of their policies;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

-

This video is interesting in it's entirety, but one amazing ad shows how German women are being marketed under the guise of tolerance to where Muslim clothing at about 5:20 in the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J33cwr-rZvM

Old 06-25-2017, 01:35 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:

Liberals? I feel you've already made up your mind about me before I answer this, but whatever.

I flew into Stockholm alone from Tallinn, Estonia as part of a 'go on a whim' trip to Scandinavia because why the hell not. I spent most of my time in Stockholm and the immediate area. I did see a surprising amount of homeless people who, at first glance, were likely refugees. They weren't aggressive or obnoxious in any manner, though. If there are issues in other parts of Sweden, I can't talk about that, because I don't know.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:35 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Will the Pope do?

As do alt-right media and posters on this board.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Will the Pope do?

"the Pope was likely referring to", seriously?

Old 06-25-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I was thinking the same thing for years while traveling down to Cancun or Cozumel. However the last time I was there, the military was walking the port and shopping malls with full auto rifles. There was even a few transport trucks with machine gun turrets cruising the streets. While I didn't see any violence, they were obviously there because of the potential threat.
So just because tourist areas might be free from violence, does not mean other parts of the country are. I suspect if tourists were to travel in "no go zones", they might feel differently.

As to Sweden, I have never been, but this video seems to imply the liberals in government and the press are suppressing the ills of their policies;

-This video is interesting in it's entirety, but one amazing ad shows how German women are being marketed under the guise of tolerance to where Muslim clothing at about 5:20 in the video;

The fact remains that Sweden’s political elite is nowhere near taking decisive action, as it has not even started to openly speak out about these problems.

They have insulated themselves from the problem. They are able to see themselves as detached observers, virtue signaling to their international elite peers while ordinary people take bear, the pain.

Until that changes, things will get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies