Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 09:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What would you say is the maturity level of Elizabeth Warren?
Trump is immature in his name calling. And it doesn't matter if Elizabeth Warren is immature -- the adult in the room dosn't stoop down to anybody's lower level.

I think mature, intellectual, rational, sane adults don't resort to immature behavior because someone else is immature.

And I have higher expectations for the office of the Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 09:12 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Elizabeth Warren lied about her heritage, and ethnicity in order to garner Affirmative Action purely for her own advancement. She USED our government, and tax dollars to get ahead. That alone should disqualify her from any public office.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:54 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who did you vote for again?

I'll be glad to compare notes.

Don't wanna say. Ahh yeah, I thought so.
I voted for Clinton because she was the lesser of two evils. I thought at some poin Trump would pivot and resemble normal in some remote way, I bet you did also. Why is it so hard to admit he is the largest mistake we ever made for president.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Elizabeth Warren lied about her heritage, and ethnicity in order to garner Affirmative Action purely for her own advancement. She USED our government, and tax dollars to get ahead. That alone should disqualify her from any public office.
Trump lied about everything to gain the votes to win the Presidency. But that didn't stop you from voting for him.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:54 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You're missing the point, Warren claimed she was NA to get a diversity hire at Harvard. Harvard was bragging about their diversity for hiring a Native America (Elizabeth Warren aka Pocahontas)...Pocahontas allowed Harvard to meet their Indian diversity requirement.

I'm part NA but not culturally and I've never claimed that to get some diversity benefit.
You are totally clueless when it comes to college diversity issues. Many, many years ago I worked at a Private, "Semi-Ivy" University as a HS Grad Clerical Worker. Diversity doesn't only include race. Their Employees got admitted and free tuition based on their employment factor.

Decades later when I decided to go back to college I was admitted based on AGE diversity status at 46 years old. Did you know THAT is considered a diversity issue? My Birth Certificate was enough proof of that. Transfer students (transcripts) are also considered under diversity status, even after 20+ years. Did I keep some HS student out of college because of my"diversity" issues? Probably. We had a local HS student who got into Harvard. He and his family were dirt poor and homeless. Diversity. You object to all of the above? When my daughter went to an Out-of-State Public College, she too got preference based on diversity status solely based on where she lived. Colleges want a mix of students to provide "diversity" and it isn't all race based.

Elizabeth Warren could do a DNA test today, as I said. How far back in time do you count? Another "moot" Internet story. My husband is a Nam "Era" Vet. Only Combat Vets, or their family membes could become VFW "A" Members under the rules. Now, WHO is a family member? Spouse? Children? Not specified. Work the system. While his Dad's WW2 Army records were destroyed in a St. Louis fire, I have all of his Great-Grandfather's Civil War records having fought at Gettysburg. ALL of them from the National Archieves. The VFW was stunned, but yes, you are a combat Vet family member. Too far back in time to count? Too far back in time for Elizabeth Warren too?

Do not tell me that your boy Trump has not worked the system to his advantage. His Daddy's money paid for his Medical Deferment for Nam, and far, far more.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
"Lots of hate from the woman"?

Lots of hate from Donald Trump!

Snap out of it. Warren scares Trump silly, so he calls her names, like schoolyard bullies always do.

He's a cowardly child in an old man's skin.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:31 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
These claims have been going on for many years. Warren is not alone. Take Cher for example who claims to be 1/16th Cherokee on her Mother's side. Would Trump call her Pocahontas also? Having done genealogy for over 40 years, I can tell you that nobody is "pure" anything. Today in 2017 if anyone really cares about this, they can buy a kit from Ancestry, submit their DNA, and see what countries it comes up with.

New Yorker Donald Trump should come down from his Ivory Tower and take a little ride out to the Shinnecock Reservation on LI. There's a Golf Course out there also where he can play a few rounds. The Natives on that Reservation bred with African Americans from the area. Mr. Trump would think his limo driver went in the wrong direction and went up to Harlem instead. Blond Elizabeth Warren? The Natives on that Reservation look Black.

My husband and I both have brown eyes and hair. Our younger daughter has blue eyes and strawberry blond hair. Who's her Daddy? The Milkman? We heard that a lot. Genealogy and how genes plays out. Her Paternal Great-Grandmother was from Sweden. Her Maternal Grandfather was Irish.

From a genealogy perspective Trump's remarks are outright silly.
Re the bolded..........Yet, Elizabeth Warren refused to take a DNA test.

The moist logical reason why is that she knows she isn't the slightest bit Native American.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I voted for Clinton because she was the lesser of two evils. I thought at some poin Trump would pivot and resemble normal in some remote way, I bet you did also. Why is it so hard to admit he is the largest mistake we ever made for president.
Ahh. So you consider Clinton, the woman you voted for to be evil. I do too. This IS the problem with DC.

I do not consider Trump to be evil.

It doesn't bother me at all that Trump is breaking the eggs of the self serving political elite in DC.

Too bad that some of you still don't get this. You are not going to be very happy come Nov. 2020.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Can Trump just grow up? What’s with the name calling and childish behavior? The man is an embarrassment to his family and our country....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Traitor Trump's insults work well at branding.
The left acts like they have any moral high ground to ask to stop name calling and childish behavior..

Old 11-04-2017, 03:44 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I voted for Clinton because she was the lesser of two evils. I thought at some point Trump would pivot and resemble normal in some remote way, I bet you did also. Why is it so hard to admit he is the largest mistake we ever made for president.
With both as evils, why vote for POTUS at all?

You live in New York.

New York isn't a swing state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies