Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:49 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
All currencies lose value, to fight deflation, and help economic growth
All fiat currencies that are expanded by "legalized" counterfeiting or expansion lose value. Actual, real money, currencies only lose value when the commodity that they are based upon decrease in value.

The original dollar was 1/20 oz of gold, due to the conversion to fiat and the expansion of the supply by the private Federal Reserve it is now worth 1/1250 oz. That is the percentage of value that has been stolen by the Chosen Families with their ancient scams. And people wonder why there is such concentration of wealth in the hands of the select few....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Should those who make more money pay more for specific those things regardless of use while others don't pay anything regardless of use?
Again, pure base lowest common denominator ideology vs sound public policy.

"I's don't know nuttin about public policy, but what I do knowz is dat some minority or other is gettin' sumthin fer nuttin and i don like it!"

Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
How is this the biggest wealth distribution to the rich from the 99%. They are not taking from the poor they are just taking less from the rich.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

"I's don't know nuttin about public policy, but what I do knowz is dat some minority or other is gettin' sumthin fer nuttin and i don like it!"
Slavery of some for the benefit of another enforced by government aggression and goons may be funny to you, but it is not funny to everyone else who isn't a psychotic, thug, or tyrant.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:57 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Even the British can't help but be shocked.

The right-wing is continuing their mission to make the rich richer and the poor and middle class poorer. Fine with me, I'd benefit from this but most of you are screwed.

Sit back and watch poor Trump red states burn in flames.

No, Trump said that he was going to give everyone great healthcare and that it was going to be great and we're going to love it. Trust me.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:

Might be useful if you actually made an argument. The strawman was a nice touch though.

"Sound public policy"...good one.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How is this the biggest wealth distribution to the rich from the 99%. They are not taking from the poor they are just taking less from the rich.
Exactly, but that doesn't fit the narrative. It needs to be presented in a way that demonizes the people who have stuff the masses want, making it okay to steal from them, AND where those people defending against that theft are somehow stealing from everyone else. It's really twisted.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Even the British can't help but be shocked.

The right-wing is continuing their mission to make the rich richer and the poor and middle class poorer. Fine with me, I'd benefit from this but most of you are screwed.

Sit back and watch poor Trump red states burn in flames.

If obama had vetoed the entire bush tax cut rather than extend them for 99%. He could have generated 3.4 trillion dollars. Rather. He's only generating 600 billion by "taxing the rich"

Budget Deal Makes Permanent 82 Percent of President Bush

Get it? The middle has to pay for social programs.

Revert entire bush tax cuts for all Americans back to Clinton 42 era taxes. U generate more money to fund Obamacare 3x over.

Bottom line: taxing the super rich isn't effective. The middle class still pays the bills in this country.

Obama knew this. But he wanted to give middle clas a tax break and their tax break was significant.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It would just be one part of a plan that included other things such as it being illegal for a pharmaceutical or medical device company to charge more in the US than any other country.
Easily circumvented. Prime example: Ever try to price match a nice big screen TV from various retailers? A Samsung 52" set at Best Buy might have a model number SSG52B, the same set at WalMart is a SSG52W, and at Costco a SSG52C. Physically the same exact set, different part numbers. Same could go for pharma or medical devices. A Medtronic pacemaker sold overseas could be labeled a MPM-F if sold in France, a MPM-B if sold in Brazil or a MPM-U if sold in the United States. All Medtronic needs to say is they are different models therefore not subject to price matching legislation.

Easy peasy...

Old 06-27-2017, 09:15 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
How is it not "sound public policy" to have one person paying $7,500 and another person paying $750,000 for the exact same thing: government services benefits?

Would you rather go to a capitation tax: everyone pays the same amount?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies