Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 03:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

It was Putin disguised as God's voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
President Donald Trump is, indeed, God's messenger on Earth.

The God Trump worships is known as MAMMON, the God of Greed.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:46 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Tammy Faye's ex is back on TV?
Unless he upgraded what he has looks like a cable access show without the look of the large churches which stream their services, much less the edited sermons shown on TBN and the other Christian portal networks have. That he has enough money to buy infomercial time is remarkable.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:49 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
The fusion of religion and republicanism is complete. Nothing about Trump offers a whisper of a hint of religiosity. How did electing Trump indicate a "return to God"?
A return to the God in the Old Testament--the full of wrath, mean spirited one who likes to cut people down as he laughs wildly out loud.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Bakker: God Told Me Trump Will Oversee

Televangelist Jim Bakker said he has received a revelation that President Donald Trump will usher in a golden age of racial harmony.
“I was on my knees praying last night, when I heard God’s voice telling me that the nation will see peaceful times in the near future, with all races coming together,” said Bakker on his television show. “Since the nation has turned back to God by appointing Trump, everything will be alright.”

I have nothing to say about this.. I'm laughing to hard. Hope it makes you smile too.

Well, that is very reassuring, to hear that by appointing Trump, we have turned back to God. This is a rabid evangelist's version of Holy Intervention? Trump is so well-known for bringing people together?? I think the voice he heard was coming from another place.

But the thought of all people living in harmony, is very appealing. Trump might be granted sainthood, if he made it happen.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:00 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
I could understand Bakker"s claim if he just did a couple of shrooms but it scares the hell out of me that he said this straight.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Why doesn't god whisper little titillating tidbits like this in MY ear? As a good Christian, I have tried hard to emulate the "new Christianity" modeled by Trump and his core supporters who are coming up with all sorts of new replies to that eternal question - "What would Jesus do?"

I am learning to understand that the upper 1% alone are blessed by god. Poor people are poor because they are lazy no good scum who had the audacity to be born with a skin color other than sunburned pink. The Sermon on the Mount has been redacted from the Bible by Southern Baptists until further notice or the rapture - whichever comes first. And that thing about "he without sin should throw the first stone"? Turns out to be a serious mis-translation from the Aramaic at the hands of Russian hackers. It should be, "He who has sinned the most and the worst gets to stone little kids with serious health conditions, the disabled - who are a bunch of fraudulent liars and cheaters who want to live for free - and Granny who needs to get off her hind end and get one of those new coal mining jobs to pay for her nursing home expenses. Life is valuable only when it hasn't been born yet. The moment a kid pops out of some welfare queen's womb, it becomes the devil incarnate and should be treated (actually NOT treated at all) as if it were the devil incarnate - it's probably an illegal alien or a muslim changeling. God can sort these so-called babies and children out afterwards. White males (who are god's true chosen) have been discriminated against since the founding of this nation. Jesus will be making a tour of the South any day now and giving these poor white male victims - who never bothered to graduate from high school or get a GED - high paying jobs as NASCAR drivers, since all the folks over 90 have sucked up all those thousands of new coal jobs in a selfish effort to get the money to buy a little food and a cot at the local flop house.

Everybody make sure your Twitter Account is up to date and check it often for messages from Jim Bakker who will be channeling Tammy Faye as the words of Jesus issue from her lips, and God's self appointed prophet, Saint Donald the Trump who knows an inspirational Tweet when his tiny hands type one. Those with a direct line to the new and improved Jesus have assured me that St. Donald will be urging all god-fearing Americans to join the Navy Seals and go on a Great Crusade against the infidels in the blue states. Next stop, Syria. Smile, America. Jesus loves you - he just has a strange way of showing it.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:45 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Bakker: God Told Me Trump Will Oversee

Televangelist Jim Bakker said he has received a revelation that President Donald Trump will usher in a golden age of racial harmony.
“I was on my knees praying last night, when I heard God’s voice telling me that the nation will see peaceful times in the near future, with all races coming together,” said Bakker on his television show. “Since the nation has turned back to God by appointing Trump, everything will be alright.”

I have nothing to say about this.. I'm laughing to hard. Hope it makes you smile too.

He was probably listening to the same God who told him to embezzle millions of dollars.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:48 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Was he burning that "funny incense' while he was praying?

I understand that God can use anyone but somehow I don't see Trump leading a religious revival across the land.

When you make statements like this, you should be pretty sure of yourself or you will end up looking foolish- like Harold Camping and his world ending date of May 2011.
I was gonna say - I want some of what he's smoking! Perhaps that could unite us all!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
I thought Bakker was in jail. They let him have his own show?

Setting aside the impossibility of it, wouldn't it be good for such harmony to occur?

We would likely see a Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement happen first, but it's really nice to think about.

Update: I was thinking about this, about times when we have had harmony among the races and religions, and we HAVE had this in America and I had to add to my message.

When times of terrible tragedy have occurred, I have seen all races and religions come together as one, with much love, much giving, much kindness, much compassion--as one. Liberals, conservatives, matters not. While I hope we don't have a terrible tragedy, they have brought out the best in us all and show what we really are together.

Last edited by carolac; 06-27-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies