Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
We did.

You said we wouldn't because you believe pollsters.

You should take lesson from this.
When do you think they will learn how to govern after an election is over? Someone obviously needs to teach them that lesson, because they absolutely suck at it. Majorities in both Houses, the Oval Office, and they can't get a single major piece of legislation passed.

It's really WE WON!!! WE WON!!! WE WON!!! Oh, crap, now what do we do??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The cult? You mean those bible totting gun carrying..... that Obama referred too or the deplorably that Hillary referred too? The only cult I see are the liberal/progressive/fascist/anarchistic that keep losing elections because they can't make a connecting even to their own base.
I can't hardly wait for the Bernie Sanders elite cult of the democratic party runs again. Venezuela here we come.

Venezuela, really?? Read the latest news?

Better pack lots of survival food with you, along with that gun and Bible, if you're heading to Venezuela. You'll need all three.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Trump Fails To Reach Beyond Base As Independents' Disapproval Grows | WABE 90.1 FM

Trump still has his loyal supporters who would follow him off a cliff, but he's quickly losing support among independents.
46%, and when he hits above 50%, there'll be no stopping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ah yes, when all else fails, we can always count on the WE WON!!! WE WON!!! WE WON!!! deflection from Waldo. You've really got nothing else, do you?

Unfortunatly, that's not all the counts. Life moves forward, and TODAY Trump continues to hemorrhage support. But of course, you've got nothing to say about that.
This thread is about stupid worthless polls, and the fact that Trump and we won despite them!

If anybody has got nothing, it's y'all.

Keep resenting er resisting or wailing and gnashing your teeth or whatever it is you do!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:46 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
If he's so hated, why do Dems keep losing?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:54 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, why do Democrats keep losing in bright red states that voted for him and compromise that base of 37%? Hmmm...what could the possible reason for that be??

Inane questions like this really serve to highlight the mental capacity of the cult.

Not to mention that moderates and those with no party affiliate (independents) are generally apathetic...so they only show up to the presidential election. If they are still mad in four years, that could mean trouble.

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
I do not think this is any different than during the campaign. I think he probably got 20% of his votes from people who did not necessarily like him but were actively opposing Clinton. A vote is a vote. The question will be where that number is in 3 years 4 months.

The Dems have been losing the recent special elections because they are in Republican districts. Credit where credit is due- Trump smartly picked congressional appointees in very safe seats. There replacements are winning at much narrower margins than the districts' R/D registration breakdowns. But as someone up thread mentioned- a win is a win.

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
You all are trying really hard to avoid coming to terms with the fact that Trump is very unpopular.
They don't get it. All news is "fake" and they love that untruth. Like a horse with blinders.

After the 2018 election - they will blame everyone but Mr. T and themselves.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:04 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the real story in Trump's approval ratings is how many strongly disapprove vs how many strongly approve.

Most people who disapprove of Trump strongly disapprove of him. Not many people are lukewarm towards him. Meanwhile, the percentage of Trump supporters who strongly approve is only a little more than half and its declining. Trump has plenty of weak supporters and while weak supporters will likely come around and back Trump for re-election, they would also be more likely to accept an impeachment and a Pence Presidency (vs the strong Trump supporters who would see an impeachment as an illegitimate conspiracy to overthrow democracy.)
As a long-time Libertarian, I certainly don't approve of Trump, and the only thing I have in common with the Clintons is a supposedly-favorable view of open markets (which, BTW, should not automatically translate into support for measures like NAFTA and TPP -- if you want to address the distortions caused by misregulation, remove the original mistake; don't compound it with another).

So assuming that Trump endures long enough to be nominated for a second term, and that the Democrats persist in nominating a Leftist such as Warren or Sanders, I may have no choice but to vote for him (I went for Johnson last year), and I don't think I'm the only "conservative" who views this as a defensive necessity.

And it needs to be emphasized again that in 2016, the combined popular vote for the four "conservative" candidates (Trump, Johnson, McMullin, Castle) exceeded that for the two "progressives" (Clinton, Stein) by about 300,000.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the real story in Trump's approval ratings is how many strongly disapprove vs how many strongly approve.

Most people who disapprove of Trump strongly disapprove of him. Not many people are lukewarm towards him. Meanwhile, the percentage of Trump supporters who strongly approve is only a little more than half and its declining. Trump has plenty of weak supporters and while weak supporters will likely come around and back Trump for re-election, they would also be more likely to accept an impeachment and a Pence Presidency (vs the strong Trump supporters who would see an impeachment as an illegitimate conspiracy to overthrow democracy.)
You forget the Enemy of my Enemy Vote.

The Democrats left the Middle Class. They will be toast Nationally until they:

1. Start becoming (just a little bit) more fiscally conservative.
2. Put a lid on the shrieking women and the crying men of their leadership.
3. Pretend they give a damn about the middle class (a start would be to stop being so darn condescending). "Deplorables", "Guns & Bibles" etc.
4. Try to talk as much about things that matter to the middle class (Taxes, Jobs, Show they care as much about citizens who are Tax Payers as they do Illegal aliens who are Takers) Might want to listen more to Bill Clinton or Joe Biden....and less to Elizabeth Warren & Rob Reiner.
5. Obamacare is dead, they should stop complaining about Trump Care unless they have a new idea. (Note - maybe Single payer is a good idea....or something else...share it. The Repubs are trying to make a Race Horse out of a Camel....maybe it's best to junk the whole thing and start over...do they have any ideas??)

Until the Dems address 3 of the 5 above items, they'll be smoked in all future elections. Even if the Repubs put out a Reality Game Show star.... or a Camel. I don't particularly like many of them, but the Repubs are the Enemy of my Enemy.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:17 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
46%, and when he hits above 50%, there'll be no stopping him.

This thread is about stupid worthless polls, and the fact that Trump and we won despite them!

If anybody has got nothing, it's y'all.

Keep resenting er resisting or wailing and gnashing your teeth or whatever it is you do!
Nail hit on head.

We get one of these topics at least once/week.

Yet Democrats still losing elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies