Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 11:12 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
tl;dr.

The last new settlement built was in 1999. All Israel has done has expanded them and not built new ones. When he authorizes expansion that means there are funds to expand the infrastructure to do so. Many of what is now called settlements are where Jewish towns existed before the Armistice and Jews purchased land before the Armistice. They were evicted in 1949 and came back in 1967. So is it your belief that Jews who owned property before 1949 are not entitled to their land back at all?
Or, just this year...

The so-called "Regulation Bill" applies to about 4,000 settlement homes in the West Bank for which settlers could prove ignorance that they had built on privately owned land and had received encouragement from the Israeli state to do so.

The bill is seen as another step towards at least partial annexation of the West Bank, and could lead to a host of illegal settlements built on privately owned Palestinian land being legalised retroactively.

Three Israeli NGOs - Peace Now, Yesh Din and the Association for Civil Rights in Israel - said they intend to petition the Supreme Court to cancel the law.

"This law will make theft an official Israeli policy by retroactively legalising illegal construction on private lands," said Anat Ben Nun, a spokesman for the anti-settlement organisation Peace Now.

Israel approves controversial settlement expansion bill | Israel News | Al Jazeera

Note: The Israeli Knesset voted 60 to 52 to approve the contentious bill late on Monday despite warnings by the government's top lawyer who had previously called it "unconstitutional".

You would do well to understand the reasons, even in the Knesset, that all is not so righteous and innocent as you wish to insist. It really doesn't take much to cross the line of what is right, over and over and over again, before you are well on the far side of wrong.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Yes but not the Israeli opinion of Palestinians as servants and slaves of the gods chosen people...
I don't care for a two state solution... I care for the right of the Palestinian people which would not be won this way as many lands of ours would still be in their greedy hands...
If I were an Israeli, and I had to negotiate a peace with you, a viable resolution that might somehow adequately address the Palestinian grievances as you have presented them, I might on the one hand feel you are right in many respects, but on the other hand at a bit of a loss what to do about all of it "here and now."

I know Israel can and should be expected to offer more than she has been historically willing, but I've never been very sure just what it would take for both sides to "come to terms."

What might you suggest, I wonder, given what can't be undone per the other examples of historical emperialism that you well note? Practically and pragmatically speaking that is...

Old 07-06-2017, 11:30 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Please, be reasonable...

First of all, just how is it possible to "get rid of the psychology of hatred?" Are you proposing yet another precondition, that everyone participate in shared therapy sessions to address their hatred for one another?

Second, to suggest yet again the hatred is only one way is not only ridiculous but contrary to all too many comments posted by Zionists about Palestinians in these threads. If nothing else, Zionists hate Palestinians, because many Palestinians hate Zionists/Jews. That's how hatred works. Hatred begets hatred...

Finally, regardless all the rest of the nonsense steeped in religious notions on both sides, now that we have this history revolving around the creation of Israel that has resulted in the death of so many on both sides, those killings are plenty enough reason for both sides to hate one another. Kill any member of my family for whatever your reasons, and I'm likely to hate you too. Simple as that.

If the Israelis don't face these simple realities any better than you do, we can count on just more of the killings and ongoing hatred between the Israelis and Palestinians for many more decades to come.

I made the point before that we might need to wait for the next generation, perhaps not so bound to ancient history and/or religious teachings, but if the killing doesn't stop, nor will the hatred for future generations. These are the simple realities Israel must come to accept and take seriously if she wants a peaceful and prosperous future along side the Palestinians, and vice versa.
tl;dr.

Go through all the Israel related threads, I doubt you'll find much if any Pro-Israel people posting any hate for Arabs. Then go through the Muslim hate threads. I doubt you will find one person who posts as a Pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. You create the same propaganda against Jews now, as al-Husseini created in the 1920's. Two Million Arabs live in Israel, yet less than 10,000 Jews live in the rest of the Middle East. That shows anyone how lopsided your comments are. Go and find a Jew of Middle Eastern decent and pretty much all of them will tell you that they didn't leave their home countries willingly after Israel was created.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Yes but not the Israeli opinion of Palestinians as servants and slaves of the gods chosen people...
I don't care for a two state solution... I care for the right of the Palestinian people which would not be won this way as many lands of ours would still be in their greedy hands...
Provide links that show Palestinians are paid little to no wages making them servants and slaves currently of Israelis.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
tl;dr.

Go through all the Israel related threads, I doubt you'll find much if any Pro-Israel people posting any hate for Arabs. Then go through the Muslim hate threads. I doubt you will find one person who posts as a Pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. You create the same propaganda against Jews now, as al-Husseini created in the 1920's. Two Million Arabs live in Israel, yet less than 10,000 Jews live in the rest of the Middle East. That shows anyone how lopsided your comments are. Go and find a Jew of Middle Eastern decent and pretty much all of them will tell you that they didn't leave their home countries willingly after Israel was created.
Oh my word!

I don't know about "hate for Arabs," but I have read more anti-Muslim comments, hardly distinguishable from hate speech, by pro-Israel people than I could possibly count! Inflammatory at a minimum, divisive in every way.

Many pro-Israel Americans, right or wrong, Jewish or otherwise, apparently view Israel as some sort of battle ground against Muslims who, they insist, must be considered our enemy, a people "who follow a religion that preaches death to all infidels." How many times have we read the likes?!?

My experience is that Zionists are not ones to argue otherwise, to put it mildly.

I won't bother to point them all out or engage in yet another deflection that wastes time arguing outside the core of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but again I'm only telling the truth here, as I see it, or again explain how I am wrong, objectively. You can't.

Might first simply review even comments in this very thread without bothering with the rest, and tell me, perhaps the following is not "hate for Arabs?" Okay, maybe not Arabs or even hate, but let's not pretend this is love for Muslims, or for Palestinians, or much other than more pro-Israel rhetoric that puts all blame on other than Zionists. Right?

Behind the belief as stated below, I think it is fair to believe there is a "hatred" for Muslims who "reject this peace."

"If the Palestinians want peace, they should reject Islam's calls to fight the Israelis
With a courageous agreement
But Muslims reject this peace
This is the cause of the present conflict in Palestine"

Or put another way, I'm not sure I wouldn't hate Muslims (or Zionists) if I thought they were out to kill me. And again, this is why I think the precondition that this "hatred" be somehow put aside in order to negotiate a peace is ridiculous.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Provide links that show Palestinians are paid little to no wages making them servants and slaves currently of Israelis.
Yes, as compared to all the links about the Palestinians that are prospering so well...

Wish I could stay and waste more time arguing for no good reason here, but I've got to try and move onto something more productive now.

Until tomorrow, here's toward a better way and a better world for all concerned!

Old 07-06-2017, 12:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
But the continuation never happened, and I don't think that the Arabs would've participated in such a thing.

That said, one never knows for sure. I'm sure that the Armenians never thought that the Turks and Kurds would murder them by the millions either.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-10-2017 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-06-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok. That's fair.

But the continuation never happened, and I don't think that the Arabs would've participated in such a thing.

That said, one never knows for sure. I'm sure that the Armenians never thought that the Turks and Kurds would murder them by the millions either.
You don't think his presence in Egypt and Egypt taking the lead in the 1948 attack when Israel was established? Who do you think sent out the communications for Arabs to leave the area, so the armies of multiple Arab countries could cross the border and kill all civilians w/o worrying if they were Arabs or Jews. Egypt was using Germany supplied armaments.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes, as compared to all the links about the Palestinians that are prospering so well...

Wish I could stay and waste more time arguing for no good reason here, but I've got to try and move onto something more productive now.

Until tomorrow, here's toward a better way and a better world for all concerned!
Take a look at Ramallah and come back and tell us how bad it looks.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
You don't think his presence in Egypt and Egypt taking the lead in the 1948 attack when Israel was established? Who do you think sent out the communications for Arabs to leave the area, so the armies of multiple Arab countries could cross the border and kill all civilians w/o worrying if they were Arabs or Jews. Egypt was using Germany supplied armaments.
I have a much different take on what happened in '48 than the official story, and I don't think you wanna hear it.

Let's just say that I don't buy the "Arabs attacked us right after the partition" story. It really doesn't add up to me. I think the Israelis were more than ready for war in '48, and had irredentist designs already drawn up.

The story that right after the land was legally partitioned, the Israelis were happy and only wanted peace with their neighbors henceforth, is a preamble to a story that's a little too heroic and too biblical for my credulity.

To boot, the '48 war of independence and all the stories of brave heroism is just a little too convenient for my taste. I just don't buy it. Frankly, I think the Israelis were the masters of provocations that helped further their ultimate goals. They had no plans to share Palestine with Arabs. No way.

But hey, they have the land now, so it is what it is. And they're doing an admirable job of holding on to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies