Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 12:24 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,810,185 times

Advertisements

Wow, thirty-eight pages since nine this morning.
This must be really important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 12:24 PM

14,689 posts, read 14,665,407 times
This is a national embarrassment. No one should think this is normal, no matter their political affiliation.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:26 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,465,685 times
Criticising Melania and Ivanka misses the point.
The problem is one - Donald Trump.
This is the lowest any POTUS degraded the position and US status all over the world.
Like others mentioned, it's not about democrats vs republicans (I belong to a small group of independents). It's not even his (lack of) policies. It's about one man's conduct, style and presence that sucked the air from America's political agenda.
For the good of this country (and the Republican Party), it's time to send Trump to his resort to play golf. Appoint another (normal) republican as president (and please, don't start with Hillary, Obama or Bill Clinton. They are irrelevant now). Just appoint a menatally stable relublican.

Last edited by oberon_1; 06-29-2017 at 12:34 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 12:26 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
He's playing you again. And again you are falling for it.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,911,010 times
How do trump supporters who have kids, teach their kids to respect people, including women like their mothers, their wives, teachers, neighbors, etc? What do they say when their kids ask: why can't I talk the way that the president talks???

Old 06-29-2017, 12:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,627,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I fell for nothing. He can't control himself and once again he made an arse of himself. If anything you fell for his propaganda that got him elected.

So even if his is playing us there is no room for a president to respond like that in public.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What did Morning Joe talk about today that set off President Snowflake?

Can someone summarize?
I watched while I was getting ready for work but only halfway paid attention. I see some others have summarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm pretty sure that if Trump had made some offhand comments about Mika and other liberals being like "cult worshippers" we'd all call it par for the course.

But, he implied she'd had a facelift and was dripping blood all over the place out in public so he turned her down to join him at dinner.

Misogyny and lies all rolled into one tweet.

There is a difference.

I'm not sure whether you don't see it or you just don't care.
Note his insults when it comes to women ~ references blood, body, looks, crazy, and stupidity.

Republican lawmakers have also tweeted their dismay at his new low. Republicans are all he's got so if he alienates them - he can forget about passing anything.

The office of President continues to diminish as long as he is in it.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:32 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,402,982 times
Dumb. Wrong. Childish. Tweet. Trump can be a bully. No doubt about it.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Apparently Paul Ryan fell for it too. And congress. Some comments from them on this:
Quote:
Republicans and Democrats from the Senate and House reacted strongly to the president’s Thursday-morning tweets, calling Trump’s language “vile,” “divisive” and “unpresidential.”

“Obviously, I don’t see that as an appropriate comment,” said House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.). “What we’re trying to do around here is improve the civility and tone of the debate, and this obviously does not do that.”

Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,670,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What has no place in our nation is anyone who wants to limit the free speech of the President for political purpose or anyone else for that matter. If someone could limit his speech imagine what they could do to the rest of us.
It is the new Presidential. Get use to it.

No, people don't have to get use to this crap. The president of the most powerful country should always exhibit class, and dignity. He shouldn't have to stoop to all levels, and take everything so personally. He of all people should be above the tic for tac, and and too busy about the business of this country to be in these petty fights. But, this too shall pass, nothing last forever, and hopefully some decency will return to the WH.

Last edited by ipaper; 06-29-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies