Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
in the last decade far right extremists have killed more people then far left folks by a factor of 10.

Thats a FACT.

Oddly enough unlike most things where people get it wrong, I kind of understand this one more. It seems like human nature to try and forget the driving politic behind attacks barring the most recent ones.

https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...ical-violence/

Analysis: Deadly threat from far-right extremists is overshadowed by fear of Islamic terrorism | PBS NewsHour

Facts are anathema to these people.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
So far, I've only seen gun violence from the left, though. Not the right.

(God, I can't believe I have to defend the right in this situation, but......I also live in reality. Not fictionland.)

Apparently, the right-wingers are not psychos in your alternative universe. But here in the real world, we have Dylan Wolff, Pizzagate, the Oregon train killer, abortion clinic killer, black churches bomber, etc. etc. The right-wing had definitely stepped up their violence.

'Pizzagate' Gunman Pleads Guilty To Charges : The Two-Way : NPR

Oregon man jailed for fatally stabbing two on Portland train - NY Daily News

Dylann Roof found guilty in church massacre that killed nine - NY Daily News

Planned Parenthood shooter admired abortion foe who killed Fla. doctor - CBS News

The man who killed a Kansas abortion provider has his sentence reduced - LA Times

Richard Collins III's death a grim reminder that hate thrives – even on campus - Chicago Tribune

Attacker in Midtown stabbing admits he wanted to kill black men - NY Daily News

Surveillance Video Shows Group of Men Making Racist Remarks and Attacking Concealed Carry Permit Holder – TheBlaze

Florida Trump Supporter 'Pulled a Gun Out' During Argument Over Candidates - NBC News

Two apparent Trump supporters detained, accused of flashing gun at 'No Ban' rally | KATU

Gun-toting Trump supporters 'protest' at office of Daily Kos candidate Jane Dittmar

Trump supporter pointed gun at 6 kids

NOPD: Trump supporter waved gun at pedestrians in Uptown New Orleans | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

Trump Supporter Pulls Gun On Crowd Of Black Lives Matters Protesters - Thug Life Videos

Armed man in Donald Trump shirt harasses Va. mom at polling site - NY Daily News

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...at-rally-video

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-videos-show/

Male Donald Trump supporter punches woman in the face in Brooklyn | The Independent

Viral Video Shows Student White Supremacist Sucker-Punch Berkeley Anti-Trump Protester « CBS San Francisco

Trump Supporter Sucker Punches Black Protester – Mother Jones

Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT part of "So far, I've only seen gun violence from the left, though. Not the right." sets a time frame?

I guess you deserve to be damned!
National Rifle Association ad appears to be 'an open call to violence' - Business Insider

Read the first paragraph. Or do you like to blindly accuse people of things without reading?

A National Rifle Association ad that has gained traction on social media this month urges Americans to join "freedom's safest place" as protesters and members of the "resistance" movement who oppose Donald Trump's presidency "smash windows, burn cars," and "terrorize the law-abiding."

So...who the hell is talking about Roof (which happened years ago) or Timothy McVeigh (seriously....from 1995? who bombed a building and has nothing to do with guns...wtf) have to do with people who oppose Trump's presidency?

Jesus, it's like you enjoy making yourself look like a complete moron.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
LMAO@ NRA. According to the Trumpers; the left is just a bunch of cucked wimps, yet the right needs their guns to defend themselves from said wimps!! NRA is a just a bunch Of cowards that can't fight, but think they are badazz cause they carry. NRS= Neurotic Reactionary A-holes. Just as cowardly as the antifas.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Huh ...the Left called for violence as soon as it was announced Trump won the election last November. Does the "Resist" movement ring a bell? How about Berkeley? All over the U.S., the Left has been fomenting hate and violence.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
So far, I've only seen gun violence from the left, though. Not the right.

(God, I can't believe I have to defend the right in this situation, but......I also live in reality. Not fictionland.)
maybe you could invite the OP over for a visit sometime

Old 06-29-2017, 12:18 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Right wingers by in large don't act like this, so I wouldn't expect much to come of it. This person is a moron. I say this as a centrist and gun supporter. Unlike people on the left, I will criticize my own. As others have pointed out, the vast majority of gun deaths in this country are committed by people who vote democrat in elections anyways. Maybe we should pass a law saying democrats can't own firearms?

Old 06-29-2017, 12:21 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
"They use their media to assassinate real news. They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again. And then they use their ex-president to endorse the resistance.

"All to make them march, make them protest, make them scream racism and sexism and xenophobia and homophobia. To smash windows, burn cars, shut down interstates and airports, bully and terrorize the law-abiding — until the only option left is for the police to do their jobs and stop the madness.

"And when that happens, they'll use it as an excuse for their outrage. The only way we stop this, the only way we save our country and our freedom, is to fight this violence of lies with the clenched fist of truth. I'm the National Rifle Association of America, and I'm freedom's safest place."

leftists left gibbering and bleating in fear of the 'clenched fist of truth'?

Old 06-29-2017, 12:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
maybe you could invite the OP over for a visit sometime

The liberals have an open invitation for right-wingers to enter reality for decades now.

They chose to stay in their alternate universe.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Whether or not it is an actual call to violence is debatable. Where they are correct is in that violence is coming, and from both sides, the odds are that it will escalate since the extremists on both sides are getting themselves ready to openly instigate violence and seem bent on a shooting war. So, whether you are right or left I would suggest that you ensure your and your family's safety as best you can and the best way to do that is to arm yourself and become proficient in the use of the arms you have. Discuss with you loved ones and friends what they should do or meet if things do go south and keep in mind that it can happen very quickly, at that point it will be too late to prepare for the Storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies