Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

The left is so upset about a tweet but when the Presidnts head is shown in an ISIS pose, stabbed on stage by actors, shot in a music video by Snoop dog the drug addict, that's all fine with the left!

The left calls that Freedom of Speech!

President Trumps tweet was FREEDOM of SPEECH!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:12 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Meh. You tried.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:16 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Actually in those cases I side with POTUS. Until today. He has lost all high ground. And WTF is his fixation on women bleeding? Just creepy.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:17 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Look, we either have a President or we don't. The office of the President has to mean something. You complain that he should be treated like everyone else, well, guess what. He isn't everyone else. He is the President. And I do hold him to a higher standard than everyone else. No president, Republican or Democrat, has ever behaved the way Trump has. He would have more respect if he was able to rise above the fray and act like a President. He cannot do that.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Oh Give me a break. The Tea party had effigies of Obama hanging by a rope. Are you serious? I guess you righties have selective memories. Quit crying for your leader...

Old 06-29-2017, 09:24 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Another great day for potus Another butthurt day for losers

Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The left is so upset about a tweet but when the Presidnts head is shown in an ISIS pose, stabbed on stage by actors, shot in a music video by Snoop dog the drug addict, that's all fine with the left!

You want to get technical. In that case as an American citizen, you are correct, Trump exercised his freedom of speech.

Kathy Griffin exercised her freedom of speech, but she met tolerance. She lost to it.

Trump. He's POTUS. Not a joke at any level. But in many people's opinion, including my own, he's expected to carry himself in a certain way. His position is at such a level that wearing it on your sleeve isn't the best approach. Athletes walk that line being role models. Trump is playing on shaky ground. It's not about him being right or wrong, but it's about the expectation of 326,000,000 people. To many people, using the words psychopath or sociopath can easily be deemed a reality.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

It's no surprise they have double standards and are hypocrites. This arrogance is one of the reasons they are on their heels at the moment. This morning they showed how absurd they truly have become.

I didn't like the tweet, but I hated the reaction even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump. He's POTUS. Not a joke at any level. But in many people's opinion, including my own, he's expected to carry himself in a certain way. His position is at such a level that wearing it on your sleeve isn't the best approach. Athletes walk that line being role models. Trump is playing on shaky ground. It's not about him being right or wrong, but it's about the expectation of 326,000,000 people. To many people, using the words psychopath or sociopath can easily be deemed a reality.
So, Trump has to carry himself through all these personal attacks on he and his family, while the MSM are not accountable for anything they say. The rule used to be the family was off limits. MSM has to be held accountable for their rude, cruel, and inhumane statements as well.

I guarantee if MSM treated him as President with at least a little respect, he'd most certainly lighten up himself. I can't blame him for blowing a cork after some of the things these morons have said.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
OP doesn't understand Freedom of Speech. Color me not shocked.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Look, we either have a President or we don't. The office of the President has to mean something. You complain that he should be treated like everyone else, well, guess what. He isn't everyone else. He is the President. And I do hold him to a higher standard than everyone else. No president, Republican or Democrat, has ever behaved the way Trump has. He would have more respect if he was able to rise above the fray and act like a President. He cannot do that.
Yes^^

And, honestly, I think the vast, vast majority of people are in agreement that what Kathy Griffin did was wrong. She should not have done that. It was an awful thing to do. Not ok, Kathy!

But here's the thing. Kathy Griffin. President of the United States of America. Not the same.

President of the United States of America.

D-list Kathy Griffin.

President of the United States of America. If you haven't said that out loud in a while, do it right now. Say it out loud: the president of the United States of America. To me, those words, that title, has weight and power. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry S Truman, Eisenhower, JFK.

Donald Trump.

Something is very very wrong with his behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies