Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgendered individuals be able to serve in United States of America's military?
Yes 101 52.33%
No 92 47.67%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 03:20 PM

66 posts, read 40,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is blatant discrimination!!!
Do you believe Nancy Pelosi and other Polticians get very upset about this if they weren't getting money in donations. Do you believe Polticians brag about this to their families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 03:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Transgenders can kill people for no reason whatsoever too.

Let 'em in.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:26 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you're disqualified for conditions that can't be corrected, that would imply that being transgender would not fall under that category, as it can be treated and corrected, so to speak. "Chronic illness" also suggests some kind of constant debilitating nature of the condition, but that isn't true for it, either.

I'd be fine with case by case, but this is a blanket ban. And if mental health was such a concern when it comes to the military, why are so many veterans and active-duty soldiers committing suicide or going on mass killing sprees?
well, I am glad you bring it up.

Bold is the exact reason for Congress to consider a proposal to beef up pre-deployment mental health
screening of troops.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:27 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
First of all, transexuals are only a tiny minority serving. There's no evidence of they compromise military strategy. This ruling is only a political stunt.
I agree with this.

Also recently read the military spends more money on erectile dysfunction meds than any medical issues of transgendered people.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You don't seem to grasp the real issue. If they must have a daily medication or it will create a crisis of some sort they are not deployable. You would be amazed by the number of almost inconsequential illnesses that will get a current service member medically discharged, let alone prevent a person from joining, simply because it involves mandatory medication. ADHD that required medication after the age of 14 is one example that gets a lot of young people declared disqualified, although if they can function completely non-medicated some can get waivers.

If transgendered people want to serve without actual transition I can understand the rationale, but it would have to be a strictly off-duty social transition. Anything else is a military readiness issue.
They don't want to know.

They want to make it a discrimination issue. can't win.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
This is a military issue, not a political one. If the generals believe they don't belong that's enough for me. No politics and no agendas when it comes to the military. That's it,

Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can't get in if you're too short. Where's the outcry of height discrimination?

You can't get in if you're too young or too old. Where's the outcry of age discrimination?

You can't get in if you have a major medical issue. Where's the outcry of health discrimination?

You can't get in if you're too fat. Where's the outcry of weight discrimination?

You're not getting in if you served time in prison. Where's the outcry of excon discrimination?

You can't get in if you are too stupid to pass the ASVAB. Where's the outcry of intelligence discrimination?

You people are so transparent with your fake outrage. You don't give a single damn about transgenders getting in or not getting in to the military. Half of you fake warriors claim that the military is for dumb rednecks who have no other options. Don't even lie because I've seen it stated on this forum several times over the years that I've been on here. Others of you have zero respect for any one in the military and act just like the jerks after the Vietnam war calling our soldiers killers. Others of you don't think our soldiers deserve anything, and you think you should be entitled for the same thing for being a keyboard warrior on the battlefield of social media.

So spare me your bs. You don't give a lick about the military and who joins. You're here to push your agenda, and/or you only disagree because it was Trump who said it.

You all a bunch of phony liars.
And you’re only excited about it because that idiot said it was a good idea.

I actually care because it’s a civil rights issue.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Yeah, I want someone with like a 50% chance of blowing their brains out to be outfitted with a ton of weaponry and covering my flank.
Perhaps you don’t know enough soldiers, but plenty of LGBT Americans have had successful military careers over the years and most people who are suicide risks aren’t HOMICIDE risks.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
We are Americans who are taking "it" back from the progressive/liberals.
And, yet...

Progressives were never trying to stop the rest of you from being employed or having access to insurance.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can't get in if you're too short. Where's the outcry of height discrimination?

You can't get in if you're too young or too old. Where's the outcry of age discrimination?

You can't get in if you have a major medical issue. Where's the outcry of health discrimination?

You can't get in if you're too fat. Where's the outcry of weight discrimination?

You're not getting in if you served time in prison. Where's the outcry of excon discrimination?

You can't get in if you are too stupid to pass the ASVAB. Where's the outcry of intelligence discrimination?

You people are so transparent with your fake outrage. You don't give a single damn about transgenders getting in or not getting in to the military. Half of you fake warriors claim that the military is for dumb rednecks who have no other options. Don't even lie because I've seen it stated on this forum several times over the years that I've been on here. Others of you have zero respect for any one in the military and act just like the jerks after the Vietnam war calling our soldiers killers. Others of you don't think our soldiers deserve anything, and you think you should be entitled for the same thing for being a keyboard warrior on the battlefield of social media.

So spare me your bs. You don't give a lick about the military and who joins. You're here to push your agenda, and/or you only disagree because it was Trump who said it.

You all a bunch of phony liars.
So true!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies