Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 12:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I’ve never seen Morning Joe and I cannot stand to watch Rachel Maddow speak.
Right there with ya but I sometimes read summaries/transcripts of her shows because DH is a fan and likes to discuss the stuff she reports.
I was surprised that Mika wasn't a total flake but not enough to watch the show again. Nothing against her or Joe, I'm just an old woman who's more into print journalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 02:07 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
When I say Trump is not MY President, I am saying that I do not condone his actions or words because they do not reflect MY values.

In the words of a late, great poet: "I know. But I do not approve and I am not resigned."
I said the same thing about Obama when he was president and many others said it as well but we never said he was not our president. No one tore up college campuses either.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
People can accept results and still dislike them.

That’s how a free country works.
Precisely, but riot over results is something else altogether.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:21 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You stopped short of the real goal. That would be to make the constitution out-dated and worthless.

When the narrative is slightly change the claim will be, and has already been, but he is supposed to represent all the people. Blubber, blubber, whaaaaa
You do realize that the EC was created at a time when the majority of Americans were uneducated and illiterate, don't you? That is why it's outdated, because both have been largely eradicated

Old 07-02-2017, 02:46 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I said the same thing about Obama when he was president and many others said it as well but we never said he was not our president. No one tore up college campuses either.
Oh, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKkzQgwAbM

Old 07-02-2017, 08:55 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
https://esotericarchive.files.wordpr...1383952180.jpg

Isn't this what the left is doing when they say Trump is not our president, or CNN is solid news you can count on, etc, etc. etc?

I know the right does it as well but how disconnected can you get when Trump was sworn and we all saw it with our own eyes, CNN was caught lying by their own news staff when they were recorded in private.
No.

It is/was an expression of distaste, not a claim that Trump did not win the electoral college vote.

And you are right, the left does not own hyperbole. But you seem to have trouble recognizing it when you see it.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
https://esotericarchive.files.wordpr...1383952180.jpg

Isn't this what the left is doing when they say Trump is not our president, or CNN is solid news you can count on, etc, etc. etc?

I know the right does it as well but how disconnected can you get when Trump was sworn and we all saw it with our own eyes, CNN was caught lying by their own news staff when they were recorded in private.
No, Cognitive dissonance is you guys acting like Trump is doing a great job, when he's literally destroying the country and behaving like a fascist.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Two words: Electoral College

Trump lost the popular vote. Only the out-dated electoral college system allowed him to win. Trump is NOT my president, as a result.
Well that and he was put into power by Putin, and thus is an enemy of the country.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This comment after the video is true though. Where's the riot like where's the beef. LOL

Benjamin Harris7 months ago
"so...no video of riots...just a picture of someone burning an Obama sign...."
Reply 51

It does happen on both sides we all know there are radical crazies on both sides but what is happening lately is over the top.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, Cognitive dissonance is you guys acting like Trump is doing a great job, when he's literally destroying the country and behaving like a fascist.
How is he destroying the country when he is bringing jobs back and renegotiation trade deals, etc, etc, etc.

The antifa are the real fascists but they are following the Alinsky manual to blame your enemies for the exact thing you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies