Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:00 AM

526 posts, read 386,876 times

Advertisements

Do they do this every 4th? Seems like a traditional thing to do and makes sense considering the history of the day for many Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:35 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
NPR has tweeted the Declaration of Independence before, no? Well with this heavily partisan atmosphere we've created it could be conceived that many people thought NPR was using the Declaration of Independence to make a point about Trump as though he is a reckless tyrant? I am giving the twitter users the benefit of the doubt but I highly doubt they knew it was the Declaration. Either way I think it was less about dumb conservatives responding to NPR without figuring out that they were using the Declaration and more about what it was they were saying given the media's bias.

All it points to is that we have a super charged hyper partisan atmosphere where the news media is very much against President Trump, so anything remotely critical or seeming to insinuate revolt or resistance against the Prez by a known left wing media outlet would elicit a response, whether well thought out or not.

Of course, I guess liberals will eat this up and use it as a claim that cons are not the real patriots they claim they are because they cannot recognize the country's founding document.
Ahhh, the NPR is "liberal" and/or "partisan" claim...I always get a kick out of it considering they're about as non-partisan and unbiased as it gets today. You're not gonna hear talking head screaming matches or opinion-based rants there. Generally, their content is a literal rehash of the events (who, what, when, where) and some information on what those events mean. They don't tell you what to think, nor do they proselytize.

I usually assume people making this claim don't actually listen to NPR. Or their perspective on reality must be completely off. And if you're aligned with someone who lies as often as Trump (truly embarrassing), well... then I guess everything is "partisan" to you because your reality simply doesn't match everyone else's.

Put another way, if it seems like "everyone is against Trump"...maybe you should step back and consider "why" that is.

Perhaps Trump is usually not on the correct side of truth... Perhaps NPR (and other media) are just correcting these blatant falsehoods (which is what they're supposed to do, btw!)...Perhaps a lying narcististic petulent child will get "support" when he starts acting his age, professionally, and like a President.

Perhaps...

Then again, if you're still holding this perspective in regards to Trump and NPR after this much time, I doubt you'll be swayed by any of the above.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:39 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Ahhh, the NPR is "liberal" and/or "partisan" claim...I always get a kick out of it considering they're about as non-partisan and unbiased as it gets today. You're not gonna hear talking head screaming matches or opinion-based rants there. Generally, their content is a literal rehash of the events (who, what, when, where) and some information on what those events mean. They don't tell you what to think, nor do they proselytize.

I usually assume people making this claim don't actually listen to NPR. Or their perspective on reality must be completely off. And if you're aligned with someone who lies as often as Trump (truly embarrassing), well... then I guess everything is "partisan" to you because your reality simply doesn't match everyone else's.

Put another way, if it seems like "everyone is against Trump"...maybe you should step back and consider "why" that is.

Perhaps Trump is usually not on the correct side of truth... Perhaps NPR (and other media) are just correcting these blatant falsehoods (which is what they're supposed to do, btw!)...Perhaps a lying narcististic petulent child will get "support" when he starts acting his age, professionally, and like a President.

Perhaps...

Then again, if you're still holding this perspective in regards to Trump and NPR after this much time, I doubt you'll be swayed by any of the above.
But this is beyond CNN, and NPR isn't exactly CNN level partisan but it is liberal leaning. It's about how the news is remarkably anti-Trump and CNN is the leader of the pack. Anyways, they've created such a climate of partisan hackery that any outlet hinting at revolt or resistance will get some backlash. I mean NPR was quoting the Dec of Ind and I get that, but some might have thought they were doing that to incite revolt and play it off as though Trump is the tyrant. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt that they knew it was the Dec of Ind but that it was being used in a manner to incite resistance to tyranny. Again, I doubt that may have been the case, but when people see such language in a hyper partisan world, they tend to get jumpy.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:41 AM

5,796 posts, read 5,117,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Trump's Attila the Hun and Attily the Hunnie type knuckle-draggers are such sensitive snowflakes! They wouldn't know the Constitution if it hit them in the head!
I don't even think they know the basic definition of the word "constitution", let alone the US Constitution.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:43 AM

5,796 posts, read 5,117,369 times
Quote:
But this is beyond CNN, and NPR isn't exactly CNN level partisan but it is liberal leaning. It's about how the news is remarkably anti-Trump and CNN is the leader of the pack. Anyways, they've created such a climate of partisan hackery that any outlet hinting at revolt or resistance will get some backlash. I mean NPR was quoting the Dec of Ind and I get that, but some might have thought they were doing that to incite revolt and play it off as though Trump is the tyrant. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt that they knew it was the Dec of Ind but that it was being used in a manner to incite resistance to tyranny. Again, I doubt that may have been the case, but when people see such language in a hyper partisan world, they tend to get jumpy.
You know we're in trouble when people have to worry about getting in trouble when they recite the Dec. Of Independence....

Old 07-05-2017, 11:47 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
You know we're in trouble when people have to worry about getting in trouble when they recite the Dec. Of Independence....
But you guys have to be the most obtuse people in the world or this is really a case of bad partisanship to not see what's going on here. It isn't just as simple as NPR quoted from the Dec of Ind and then cons lost their collective shyte. It's that in this hyper charged partisan world, the language of the Dec of Ind was probably used in an incendiary manner or taken that way by some people. Maybe some new it was the Dec of Ind, maybe some didn't, the point was how it was used in this hyper partisan atmosphere both sides have fostered.

But of course you guys are aching for more "cons are dumb" stuff, so have at it.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"'m pretty sure Trump had no idea what the Constitution was about."

He probably knows MORE then Obama did considering even though he "taught" Constitutional Law, he was overturned by the courts MORE then another President. Several ruling by 9-0
Um, no. No he doesn't. LOL>

Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
But you guys have to be the most obtuse people in the world or this is really a case of bad partisanship to not see what's going on here. It isn't just as simple as NPR quoted from the Dec of Ind and then cons lost their collective shyte. It's that in this hyper charged partisan world, the language of the Dec of Ind was probably used in an incendiary manner or taken that way by some people. Maybe some new it was the Dec of Ind, maybe some didn't, the point was how it was used in this hyper partisan atmosphere both sides have fostered.

But of course you guys are aching for more "cons are dumb" stuff, so have at it.
I see what you're saying - but how is that NPR's fault per se?

The political world is hyper-reactive these days, and it's bad (and it happens from "both sides"). But I don't agree that NPR "knew what they were doing" or something along those lines.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:55 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:

How can tweeting the Declaration of Independence be seen as being used in an incendiary manner? Seriously? LOL LOL LOL

Old 07-05-2017, 11:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:

Nice spin. The only people you can place blame with are the ones casting a fit: cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies