Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 11:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
They didn't dox him. Now 4-can releasing the personal information of CNN reporters is doxxing.
CNN: we have more integrity than 4Chan

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:44 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Really? Please post all the times Breitbart doxxed a private citizen for a meme.
So does Daily Caller's Chuck Johnson repeatedly threatening to reveal people's identities who didn't come forward for things he alleged they did count?

The NYT reporters he doxxed? The girl from the UVA rape story? The White House employee that he claimed was the leak was/o any evidence?

But falsely accusing people of things as long as it gets people riled up is standard GOP policy. Just like this story. And pizzagate. And Kenyan Obama. Etc.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:45 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Love it. The Communist News Network is circling the drain.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:48 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
CNN: we have more integrity than 4Chan

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
I'm not defending CNN. The fact that this is even a story for them is just ridiculous.

It's just obvious that many, many posters here on CD don't have the slightest notion about the basics of how this became a story and how the internet operates.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
That's your own ignorance, then, if you don't bother to find out what doxxing is.

But threatening to put someones personal information out there against their will for simply making a 20 sec video that I could make in Photoshop in 5 minutes, just for basically being like "WE DONT LIKE THAT SO DONT DO IT AGAIN...OR ELSE", is completely over the top. That's why this is a big deal.
Wow, you're really running scared here. It's like you just learned that the Internet is not anonymous and all the garbage you post could come back to bite you in the arse.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:56 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Wow, you're really running scared here. It's like you just learned that the Internet is not anonymous and all the garbage you post could come back to bite you in the arse.
Yeah, I'm sure running scared.

And, really? NO WAY!

Quick, tell me else that's something that's blatantly obvious.

However, if you're missing the point that 90% of the others in this thread are making, you clearly have a narrow-minded and ignorant view of the world.

Just sayin'

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
CNN is in the wrong here. But the dude is posting anti-Semitic and racist stuff and is likely one of those on Youtube here that goes on conservative YouTube videos and puts "find the jew", or "final solution for migrants". So he is a PoS either way. No one cares if you post a Trump meme but his other posts will get him to likely lose his job or bullied in school if he really is a kid. Do stupid things win stupid prizes. I have found the best way to keep myself straight is my YouTube handle is my actual name.

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I'm not defending CNN. The fact that this is even a story for them is just ridiculous.

It's just obvious that many, many posters here on CD don't have the slightest notion about the basics of how this became a story and how the internet operates.
I include you in that group of not knowing how the internet operates.

Anyone who tries to locate the origin of an internet gif/meme as to definitively say a particular person got the meme/gif from that origin is 100% batcrap crazy.

The "journalist" is a hard-Leftie. He did it to dump on Trump.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Your fallacy is that CNN threatened the boy. Nothing is further from the truth. I already addressed that issue. You are reading plots and threats into a statement that does not exist. They never released any personal information.
Bro...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...rump-wrestling

"CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

What part of that don't you get? CNN DID threaten to publish his identity if he creates an "offensive" post again.

Seriously, how do you not understand that when it's clearly right there from the article?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:01 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
You know, CNN does do their due diligence and when they are wrong, they fire their people.
They hire so badly, they get lots of practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies