Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Not all the media is left wing. There's Fox plus a wide assortment of reporters and commentators that are pretty honest with the facts. With a little digging and checking a variety of sources it's possible to get a fairly accurate idea of what's going on.
I agree with you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 08:19 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Not all the media is left wing. There's Fox plus a wide assortment of reporters and commentators that are pretty honest with the facts. With a little digging and checking a variety of sources it's possible to get a fairly accurate idea of what's going on.
Bingo! Sadly, you're in the vast minority for doing some homework and keeping an open mind.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
As the post above indicates, Trump's detractors STILL don't take him seriously.
It is possible to take a dangerous entity seriously while recognizing it's integrity and lack of competence.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Trump will not even be a consideration in 2020, for several reasons: his age, he does not even look like he likes the job, he may resign before then, he may be impeached before then, or something really bad happens to him, but no matter what I do not see him even being an option.
I do find it funny how the trump supporters talk of his running in 2020 when he has been in office only 6 months and has yet to really accomplish anything, obviously the koolaide is a little too strong for some.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I think media types, based on their recent history, should stay out of the prediction business and that someone could do a whole three hour documentary revisiting wrong news media predictions.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Have no qualms or issues with Trumps presidency.

I am voting on the issues I stand for and pick the candidate closest to supporting those issues. That's why I voted for Johnson.

I will vote for any candidate if they support:
Doing away with eminent domain
Abolish the death penalty
Reduce Federal Government Power and create more balance returning power to State's
Single Payer Health Insurance
Support Adoptive services and Planned Parenthood
Free Market
Tax reform
Support the environment. Utilize tax breaks and incentives to motivate individuals/bussinesses to keep environment clean. Partner with charities to assist in maintence of parks.
Expand and protect open land.
Open borders with immigration reform and general quota on how many individuals can immigrate into the U.S. a year.
Accepting of refugees.
Less involvement in global affairs unless need be. Focus on protecting the border. More humanitarian missions and clandestine operations.
Increase funding to public affordable housing work to make housing market competitive to lower prices.
Legalize marijuana.
End Government subsidies.
End lobbying in the Government.
Less red tape with FDA.
End patents on medical and pharmaceutical item's.
Vouchers for childcare.
Universal Healthcare for military service members.
End federal financial aid. Reform college loans to low flat interest rates. Expand length of repayment. Deducting monet from paycheck and adjust based off income. Put on hold when unemployed with no interest acquired.
So on and so forth.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:40 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
It's absurd to speculate who's running for President in 2020 at this point. Both parties could have an almost totally unknown person run and win.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:27 AM

783 posts, read 576,905 times
Wasn't it Bill Maher and his friends who laughed their butts off when Coulter said Donald Trump had the best chance to win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fA7inVhTs

Well, it's good to see him coming around.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:44 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Bill Maher thinks Trump will win again in 2020.
Just pass a HC reform bill that the left would enjoy, and it would be a done deal!

Hell could also freeze over! lol

Old 07-06-2017, 09:46 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Evangelicals love him. Rural Americans love him. I don't see that changing unless there is some kind of unexpected bombshell. Whether or not Trump is re-elected will depend on Democratic turnout. Will people who stayed home or who voted for Johnson/Stein in 2016 vote Democrat in 2020? If so, Trump is out. If we have the same turnout, Trump will be re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies