Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 04:40 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Generally speaking, when you make war against inanimate objects or concepts, you're not going to win. That's especially true when you treat it like an actual war, with armed soldiers out to battle your enemies.

The war on drugs is a total failure.

By the way, I've never used drugs (illegals ones including Marijuana) and I don't have any desires of trying.
True, the two biggest wars we have lost are the War on drugs and the war on poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 04:46 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're looking at the symptom. How it is racially enforced. The war on drugs is a war on freedom. It's about the loss of our rights as individuals.

More than 90% of the people arrested for marijuana possession this year were nonwhite. Between January and June, 10 times more nonwhite New Yorkers were arrested for pot than white New Yorkers, even though white people make up almost half of the city's population.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Oh but it's a law, that's what matters. Nothing to see here move along.
i already addressed this. The fake war on drugs was a war on blacks using drugs not everybody. And like i said, if they really wanted to find drugs on whites they could just as easily go through white neighborhoods with a fine tooth comb. It wouldn't be that hard either as statistically whites are just as likely or more likely to have drugs on them compared to blacks. When it's a was a war on blacks it was treated as a criminal issue, now that whites are going through an epidemic it's treated as a rehab issue. Two completely different ways of dealing with the same problem. Don't play stupid.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No. What it means is that people hawking dope to strangers on street corners are almost invariably black. Those who smoke in public are disproportionately black (compared to pot smokers overall). And it means that those arrested for committing other crimes (while in possession of marijuana) are disproportionately black (compared to the population as a whole).

The article isn't even talking about people arrested for possession. It's talking about people charged with possession, which includes people arrested for selling dope and people arrested for all sorts of other crimes who are then found to be holding dope. You have to be a hardcore anti-white racist to presume some kind of racism has anything to do with the numbers found in the article.
Again, in black neighborhoods they are going through everybody's pockets with a fine tooth comb. Black neighborhoods are over policed. These people aren't just openly standing around with bags of drugs out in the open. Whites use drugs at the same or higher rates than blacks they are policed at the same rate AND whites on drugs are seen as a rehab-addiction issue not a criminal issue.

Some of you need to understand committing crime and being arrested/charged for crimes are not the same thing.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because black people demanded it to protect their communities, which were being ravaged by crack. There goes another racist fairy tale.
making stuff up. LMAO.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:12 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
i already addressed this. The fake war on drugs was a war on blacks using drugs not everybody. And like i said, if they really wanted to find drugs on whites they could just as easily go through white neighborhoods with a fine tooth comb. It wouldn't be that hard either as statistically whites are just as likely or more likely to have drugs on them compared to blacks. When it's a was a war on blacks it was treated as a criminal issue, now that whites are going through an epidemic it's treated as a rehab issue. Two completely different ways of dealing with the same problem. Don't play stupid.
The bolded is certainly true. I'm constantly reading about the current "opiod epidemic." The answer is never "let's round up these law breaking criminals and lock them them away for long mandatory sentences so they can't destroy our communities." All I'm reading is that we can't make any cuts to medicaid because these addicts won't be able to get proper treatment. It's not a coincidence that this new perpspective coincides with the fact that opiate addiction is affecting white suburban and rural kids in high numbers.

A member of my family (white kid) became involved in opiate addition and these kids are commiting crimes left and right, stealing and dealing to support thier addictions but people still look at them as just "good kids who got into some trouble." I do support treatment and not criminalizing drug users but that should apply to all equally. It's highly unfair that black drug users are seen as criminals who deserve punishment, whereas white users deserve proper help.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:21 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The bolded is certainly true. I'm constantly reading about the current "opiod epidemic." The answer is never "let's round up these law breaking criminals and lock them them away for long mandatory sentences so they can't destroy our communities." All I'm reading is that we can't make any cuts to medicaid because these addicts won't be able to get proper treatment. It's not a coincidence that this new perpspective coincides with the fact that opiate addiction is affecting white suburban and rural kids in high numbers.

A member of my family (white kid) became involved in opiate addition and these kids are commiting crimes left and right, stealing and dealing to support thier addictions but people still look at them as just "good kids who got into some trouble." I do support treatment and not criminalizing drug users but that should apply to all equally. It's highly unfair that black drug users are seen as criminals who deserve punishment, whereas white users deserve proper help.
Exactly. We should end this stupid war on drugs that only supremely racist and evil people that support and make drugs illegal. Why the **** should it matter what drugs people use? If it ends of messing up their lives, it's on them, but otherwise, these evil racist and evil sons of ******* that currently make up the vast majority of our politicians and judges should STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2017, 03:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Without being all the data I can't really say if it's true. Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges?
For example. What are the arrest records of the people arrested for pot? How many previous offenses did the whites have vs the blacks? What were the crimes, etc before the arrests for pot? I think there are more factor than simply being caught at random with pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies