Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As CEO, what would you do with CNN?
Stay the course. Fighting Trump is fun and sells air time. 11 18.97%
Fake news sells quite well. Expand Fake News stories and stop all pretense of real news. 8 13.79%
Change the name to CEN; Cable Entertainment Network with a byline of "We hate Trump". 8 13.79%
Sell the company to George Soros. 1 1.72%
Start reporting facts with NO agenda. 31 53.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They clearly need a corporate strategy and have several options. As CEO, your responsibility is to deliver the most value to your shareholders. So what say you?
They just had their best 2nd quarter ever, so why change? I think they took the lesson from FOX, who built their audience by ripping Obama year after year.

As for the share holders, the price has gone up from $75 to $110, so I don't think they are looking for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
I can see CNN changing their name to CEN and just admit it's fake like the WWE has.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:20 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
What I find amusing about the whole thing that recently happened...

They'll keep these Russia conspiracy related "anonymous sources claim..." and leakers anonymous but they will threaten to expose the maker of a satire gif.

Nice double standard ya got there CNN, it'd be a shame if something came along and screwed that up...

If I was CNN I'd be embarrassed of my so called "journalists" actions and clear house Riki Tik. Apologize to the nation not Trump not conservatives, but everyone in America for their shenanigans. That would be integrity. Not publish something, retract it, or edit it in the name of a quick buck and knee jerk reaction.

Then again I also am aware most of America is weak and emotionally imbalanced 2 fries short of a happy meal. So to remain profitable I'd have to cater to that ilk to remain relevant to someone to retain viewership... and if I were to do that, clean house, I'd lose my base to a competitor. So be it. I'd be embarrassed as all hell about what my employees were doing. I don't bash my competitors. So what if they make more or do something different, I don't run my mouth or knock their product/work even when it is inferior. I fix their booboo. Customer happy. I get paid. I am happy.

I may hire on a few people in the coming weeks, and they will be told, I catch you running your mouth or bashing our competitors you're gone. And you'll be screwed for they won't take someone who's thrown them under the bus to smear them. And you most certainly do not communicate to the customer that we are the best of the best. I set the standards, you follow them, don't like it there's the door. Do your job let them be the judge no ifs ands or buts.

I wouldn't single any one person out to apologize to. Be it President Trump, or some random person. I'd apologize to the entire country if I were the leader of CNN.

I'd change policy right away. No more anonymous sources. If they want to remain anonymous I will not publish the story regardless of how juicy incriminating or shocking it is. I will publish name rank and file. If they want protection I could help arrange for protection. But they will not remain anonymous for any reason. They have the guts to expose someone/something, they should do so. If they're afraid of losing their job or being a victim of assault or harassment or worse, then they should come forward with the request for security and deal with their actions.

See how fast those anonymous source claims cease.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Seeing as how the parent company's stock values have not been affected by the current CNN "controversy", there's no need to step in or do anything.

CNN is a division of TBS
which is a division of Time Warner.

And Time Warner's stock is doing just fine.
I should have known that when I added the asterisk I should have carried it all the way to avoid this.

Isn't that what I posted???

Old 07-07-2017, 01:28 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Can't vote, as this has to be one of the most biased polls I've seen on CD.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I should have known that when I added the asterisk I should have carried it all the way to avoid this.

Isn't that what I posted???
Well, to be faaaair, you said "not Time Warner", which is really only "half" true. And since we're talking CNN, was concerned that StormTrumpers might start flailing over "sorta truths" being propagated. Don't want them to have heart attacks or break a hip, ya know?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:38 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They clearly need a corporate strategy and have several options. As CEO, your responsibility is to deliver the most value to your shareholders. So what say you?
Fire half the staff and get the remainders attention.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
CNN doesn't have a CEO. CNN's parent company Time Warner.

They own a lot more than just CNN.

Here is the list of Time Warner's holdings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_Time_Warner

Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 PM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
Start showing some respect for the responsibility you've been given by our Constitution.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:02 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
If CNN's ratings and profitability is steady(which I believe it is) stay on course.
Last week, more Americans tuned in to watch re-runs of “Yogi Bear,” “Full House,” and “Friends” on Nick At Nite than to watch Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon’s shows on CNN.

According to cable ratings from the week of June 26-July 2, CNN’s viewership of its primetime shows was ranked significantly lower than its competitors like Fox News and MSNBC, which place first and second respectively. Clocking in at No. 10 on the list, CNN fell behind HGTV, Nick At Nite, History Channel, and ESPN — the sports network that’s been hemorrhaging viewers for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies