Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You keep ignoring the facts he did not profit from anyone's death and that his confession was garnered from torture. Why do you do that?

What if Omar Khadr isn

"What evidence exists appears confused, inconsistent or contradicted elsewhere. Photographs of the attack scene released in 2009 appear to directly conflict with the prosecution's summary of its own case."

"To any trial lawyer, it's plain that Khadr pled guilty for a very simple reason: his plea deal offered a return to Canada and eventual freedom — clearly a better alternative than a lifetime of suffering in Guantanamo."

Finally one of three alternative statements by the prosecution itself:
(3) The assault team entered, encountered enemy fire, including a thrown grenade. They killed the shooter who also threw the grenade. They then captured Khadr, who did not throw the grenade (Report by Maj. Randy Watt, senior U.S. officer at battle, July 28, 2002);
Why do I do what?!

He killed two soldiers - prison - $8 or $10 million dollars

So yes, he indirectly made a profit off of somebody'd death.

If he didn't do anything wrong, then he shouldn't have pleaded guilty.

So I support the widow's right of going after him.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, like I said, this case is DIFFERENT.

He pleaded guilty, if he felt he didn't do anything wrong, he shouldn't have pleaded guilty. DUH

The world is constantly changing, rule should never stay the same.

Yes, I support the widow's right of going after his ass. So what she won't get anything?
He was tortured. It's a fact that tortured people will admit to anything to stop the torture (see Salem witch trials). His confession is worthless.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
He was tortured. It's a fact that tortured people will admit to anything to stop the torture (see Salem witch trials). His confession is worthless.
well, you really backed me into a corner when you brought up the word"torture"

the word is a good argument to end all arguments! we all know that.

I have nothing else to say. I guess I just have to take his and his lawyer's words for it. He has been 'tortured'.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981
He pleaded guilty, if he felt he didn't do anything wrong, he shouldn't have pleaded guilty. DUH
DUH. After 8 years without charges in a military prison Khadr was given the choice of indefinite continued detention or plead guilty (to newly created offenses) and get released to Canadian custody after a year.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Why do I do what?!

He killed two soldiers - prison - $8 or $10 million dollars

So yes, he indirectly made a profit off of somebody'd death.

If he didn't do anything wrong, then he shouldn't have pleaded guilty.

So I support the widow's right of going after him.
Good grief; you just did it again. You ignored the fact he may not have killed anybody as testified to by the American officer on the scene who wrote the "after action" report stating very clearly QUOTE the one who threw the grenade was killed and that "Khadr who did NOT throw the grenade was captured"

That statement was read into the record of the proceedings at Guantanamo.

Everyone understands the luxury of having a living breathing guy to blame for someone else's death but suggesting a 15 year old, without counsel or any outside assistance whatsoever, after being tortured and presented with the alternative of pleading guilty and going home to Canada to avoid more torture would NOT plead guilty is quite frankly not thinking rationally.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
DUH. After 8 years in a military prison, without charges, Khadr was given the choice of indefinite continued detention or plead guilty (to newly created offenses) and get released to Canadian custody after a year.
DUH back at ya!

Omar Khadr pleaded guilty to killing army Sgt Christopher Speer

Yes the man he killed has a name!

Old 07-13-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Good grief; you just did it again. You ignored the fact he may not have killed anybody as testified to by the American officer on the scene who wrote the "after action" report stating very clearly QUOTE the one who threw the grenade was killed and that "Khadr who did NOT throw the grenade was captured"

That statement was read into the record of the proceedings at Guantanamo.

Everyone understands the luxury of having a living breathing guy to blame for someone else's death but suggesting a 15 year old, without counsel or any outside assistance whatsoever, after being tortured and presented with the alternative of pleading guilty and going home to Canada to avoid more torture would NOT plead guilty is quite frankly not thinking rationally.
well, hey, I have no problems if Canadians want to pay him, but Americans owe him nothing.

<shrug>

For your information, maybe you should google a little, he also apologized to the Victim's FAMILY!

Old 07-13-2017, 09:47 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, he profited off of the fact that he was locked up in a prison with no rights, which is not only unconstitutional by Canadian standards, but our standards too. If anyone should have paid him, It probably should've been the U.S. government.
Not just no, but hell no! The guy and his family went to fight for the freaking Taliban, among the worst human beings on earth. I have zero sympathy. The only regret is that the soldiers took him prisoner instead of killed him as he was begging them to do.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
well, you really backed me into a corner when you brought up the word"torture"

the word is a good argument to end all arguments! we all know that.

I have nothing else to say. I guess I just have to take his and his lawyer's words for it. He has been 'tortured'.
No you don't. The U.S. government admitted it. Where were you when all those pictures of them being tortured surfaced due to idiot troops taking selfies and putting them on the internet?

https://newrepublic.com/article/1190...its-us-torture

https://www.aclu.org/infographic/guantanamo-numbers

Number of FBI agents reporting torture at Guatanamo Bay - - more than 200

Old 07-13-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
No you don't. The U.S. government admitted it. Where were you when all those pictures of them being tortured surfaced due to idiot troops taking selfies and putting them on the internet?

Number of FBI agents reporting torture at Guatanamo Bay - - more than 200
No, I don't what?

Send me a link that the U.S. government tortured HIM. <Hopefully not from his own mouth and his lawyer's mouth.>

Since this is what the thread is all about. It is about HIM (I am not denying torture took place in Guatanamo bay by the way)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies