Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:16 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times

Advertisements

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0

Decades more of him to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:18 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Three is certainly a possibility, and don't be surprised if that does happen during the four-year term. As for the OP's mention of Graham saying that we could have four new justices, it's pushing it, but if it happens, it'd be in a possible Trump second term.

That's only your view, but it's not one of millions of others who are pleased with President Trump and the country's recovery. He got us Gorsuch. Stay tuned for more.
Have to wait and see. He has his base...but about half the country didn't vote. If at least some get fed up and vote....all bets are off. Interesting rankings here of approval rates starting with Truman. Only one lower was Ford https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,639 posts, read 16,123,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Correct. GOP will add several seats. Dems have a horrible map in 2018, defending 2 dozen seats, 5 where BO lost states twice.

I am hoping GOP gets on edge of a Supermajority in 2018.
Ouch, that's gonna hurt

Old 07-14-2017, 07:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceIsNotAnOption View Post
Haha...second term? Haha...

He'll be lucky to make it through this term.

Who's beating him in 2020? Franken? Warren? Lol

Old 07-14-2017, 08:17 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,019,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Who's beating him in 2020? Franken? Warren? Lol
Waters should be their front runner!

Old 07-14-2017, 08:20 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It would be interesting to see that thrown back in the R's faces.

I don't support that kind of childish maneuver (it was insanely childish), but I can't say I'd be that upset to watch them throw a fit about it.
Childish? Like the 'resistance'? Like throwing a giant hair tearing weeping campus burning $hit fit of hatred over the results of an election they didn't like? Like the REAL collusion of the media, FBI, intelligence services, activist federal judges, globalist billionaires and every single democratic representative and senator trying to nullify a legitimately elected president before he even had a chance to prove who he was?

Liberals are blind to the magnitude of how much they've escalated the political vengeance and scorched earth game. If you think what they're doing now is just tit-for-tat on a par with Ted Cruz's antics against Obama then you've got another thing coming. The democrats have gleefully opened this genie's bottle without any heed for how bad this $hit is going to cut when it comes back around the other way. And I say that with no pleasure.

The left has finally come flaming out of the closet loud and proud with the mindset that "e pluribus unum" no longer means anything. They've made it clear that they are the moral monopoly and the other 50% of America that doesn't vote the way do isn't just "the loyal opposition", they're actually bad people.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Childish? Like the 'resistance'? Like throwing a giant hair tearing weeping campus burning $hit fit of hatred over the results of an election they didn't like? Like the REAL collusion of the media, FBI, intelligence services, activist federal judges, globalist billionaires and every single democratic representative and senator trying to nullify a legitimately elected president before he even had a chance to prove who he was?

Liberals are blind to the magnitude of how much they've escalated the political vengeance and scorched earth game. If you think what they're doing now is just tit-for-tat on a par with Ted Cruz's antics against Obama then you've got another thing coming. The democrats have gleefully opened this genie's bottle without any heed for how bad this $hit is going to cut when it comes back around the other way. And I say that with no pleasure.

The left has finally come flaming out of the closet loud and proud with the mindset that "e pluribus unum" no longer means anything. They've made it clear that they are the moral monopoly and the other 50% of America that doesn't vote the way do isn't just "the loyal opposition", they're actually bad people.
The left does act extremely childish periodically. This year in particular, as well as 72 McGoverniks, and, of course, the riots in 1968 at convention time.

While they had their tantrums, we have Gorsuch, a gift for decades to come.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:36 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,927,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...dency.amp.html

And libs still keep asking "why" we voted for Trump. Lmao!
This is very good news. It was my main reason for voting for President Trump......as I will be doing again in 2020.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I think there's a WHOLE generation FORGET just why "Roe vs Wade" got passed!! Prior to that passing law.. FAR too many went to butchers ( supposed MD's).. and more often than not were left to die due to such horrendous medical practice!! Whenever a women becomes so desperate to end a pregnancy.. Desperation will lead to DEATH of the mother as well as the embryo /fetus!

Planned parenthood and their decades of assistance and education NEVER mind learning and having access to BC!! State ( Red ones) want to bar access to BC.. so guess what the repercussion is!! Pregnancies due to RAPE and Family planning disabled!! Defunding Planned Parenthood will do nothing but cause births that the Taxpayer refuses to support.. YET demand THEY GET born .. How Hypocritical can they get???
If Unplanned Parenthood was doing such great job of offering assistance and educating I wonder why there are still so many abortions. Oh, PP is also the largest single provider ......

Actually it seems Roe v Wade got passed because nine male judges decided to read a lot of stuff into the Constitution that wasn't there.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The left does act extremely childish periodically. This year in particular, as well as 72 McGoverniks, and, of course, the riots in 1968 at convention time.
You are far too generous to them. I remember all those events and this is beyond anything I've ever seen in the spectrum of fractured American dysfunction. I'm old but I'm not that old. I wasn't around in the late 1850s but I wonder if it felt something like this.

Yes it will be good to have a conservative supreme court and it will help safeguard personal freedoms but it doesn't stop a country from grinding to a halt mired in an unending gridlock of vendetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies