Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 06:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

I have learned not to trust "damning" videos from unknown sources. No one knows how they were edited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 07:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Anyone that doesn't believe this video must be learning impaired.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:46 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Something tells me there is a lot more to this story. Seems very odd that he would randomly search that vehicle. Maybe the cop is 100% wrong with his actions. Maybe not. Certainly would like more information on this.
Lets see.
The Citizen asked for ID and the COP walked away.
What is procedure for citizens walking away when asked to produce an ID?

The cop should have been tackled and tazered
Double Standards

Old 07-15-2017, 07:52 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Anyone that doesn't believe this video must be learning impaired.
C'mon. It's a white cop doing something illegal to a black man. It's like sunlight to a vampire, just too much to wrap their peabrain minds around, video evidence or not.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:20 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
C'mon. It's a white cop doing something illegal to a black man. It's like sunlight to a vampire, just too much to wrap their peabrain minds around, video evidence or not.
Now you know as well as I do that retiredcop only sees blue. It doesn't matter what race the cop is and what the circumstances are. The cop is right. Period.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:30 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Now you know as well as I do that retiredcop only sees blue. It doesn't matter what race the cop is and what the circumstances are. The cop is right. Period.
That's not what I stated in this thread. Thanks!!

Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
That's not what I stated in this thread. Thanks!!
Right, because even when there is video, you're just not sure about what you're seeing and there must be more to the story.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
I'm pro-police, generally, but planting evidence on someone is the lowest, most despicable thing a cop can do. I would wish for very severe punishment to be meted out in such instances. I know there's a lot of outrage about police shootings, but I think in most of those cases, you'll find a police officer has to make a split second decision to safeguard his own safety or that of others. In other words, it can usually be justified, and in my personal opinion is justifiable in the vast majority of cases. Planting evidence on someone is a whole different level of dirtiness and moral turpitude.

(If that's what this is - not saying it's necessarily that. I'm just commenting generally.)

Old 07-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I'm pro-police, generally, but planting evidence on someone is the lowest, most despicable thing a cop can do. I would wish for very severe punishment to be meted out in such instances. I know there's a lot of outrage about police shootings, but I think in most of those cases, you'll find a police officer has to make a split second decision to safeguard his own safety or that of others. In other words, it can usually be justified, and in my personal opinion is justifiable in the vast majority of cases. Planting evidence on someone is a whole different level of dirtiness and moral turpitude.

(If that's what this is - not saying it's necessarily that. I'm just commenting generally.)

I don't think anyone is suggesting at this point that something was planted. What the H was he doing rummaging through that guys vehicle in the first place?

Old 07-15-2017, 08:45 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think anyone is suggesting at this point that something was planted. What the H was he doing rummaging through that guys vehicle in the first place?
Being a jerk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies