Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 PM

1,203 posts, read 619,662 times

Advertisements

For vaccines, the individual is not as important as compared to other drugs. You can have a good side effect profile, but if you don't have an efficacy rate in the neighborhood of 90%, it won't be approved. There are exceptions to this for certain diseases. Vaccines are all about herd immunity. In the world of public health, vaccines have one of the best cost benefit ratios.

Quarantines are also legal for public health reasons. You can be forced to take tb medications. They can require that every day you have to go to a physician and they have to observe you taking it. This is only done if you aren't compliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Actually, vaccines are a matter of public health. The SCOTUS ruled in 1905 that mandatory vaccine was legal (Jacobson v Massachusetts). And lest some jump on their keyboards to say that's just in a public health emergency, Jacobson was used to uphold school vaccine mandates in 1922 in Zucht vs King in Texas.
MMS: Error
Children. When since 1905 was Jacobson cited for the general public? How man Flu Pandemics have we have since 1905? The Government does not want to go there.

You know this, as much as you wish it weren't so.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Children. When since 1905 was Jacobson cited for the general public? How man Flu Pandemics have we have since 1905? The Government does not want to go there.

You know this, as much as you wish it weren't so.
What do you mean children? It was the good Rev. Jacobson himself who objected to getting the smallpox vaccine, and he was eventually fined, after he lost his case in the Supreme Court. The point is, the government can require vaccination; it doesn't have to.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed...7/11/case.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Tetanus, Hep. B, and Gardasil are not vaccines for air borne diseases like Measles, Mumps, etc. One child sitting next to another in a classroom cannot transmit them. Action (blood transfer or sex) needs to be performed to spread it. Who are Newborns going to catch Hep. B from? Their mothers? Test her to see if she has it. Unnecessary.
it's about those newborns and those around them & who can infect them & why it is beneficial for a newborn to get the vax, as a newborn...and because not all kids are vaccinated, not all kids have family members that are vaccinated, not all stranger's kids in a park or at a public jump zone & everywhere else parents drag their kids to are vaccinated in this day and age:

Quote:
Babies and children can get hepatitis B in the following ways:

At birth from their infected mother.
Being bitten by an infected person.
By touching open cuts or sores of an infected person.
Through sharing toothbrushes or other personal items used by an infected person.
From food that was chewed (for a baby) by an infected person.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents...hild/hepb.html

You don't know who your kid or your grandkid is going to run in to when out in public - a little fresh blood left on a playground slide by an infected kid, and your kid/grand has an open cut on their person and comes in contact with the infected blood the kid who went down the slide two seconds and right in front of him or her?

Quote:
Zoster vax is another non-contagious vaccine.
Vaccinations aren't contagious.

Quote:
Like Tetanus, cannot claim Herd Immunity, Greater Good, or DEATHS with that one, but as someone else said, they are pushed by the Pharms to increase their profits. Follow the $$$$ with a lot of these vaccines.
Who said it was?

Quote:
About Tetanus
Tetanus is different from other vaccine-preventable diseases because it does not spread from person to person. The bacteria are usually found in soil, dust, and manure and enter the body through breaks in the skin — usually cuts or puncture wounds caused by contaminated objects.

Today, tetanus is uncommon in the United States, with an average of 30 reported cases each year. Nearly all cases of tetanus are among people who have never received a tetanus vaccine, or adults who don’t stay up to date on their 10-year booster shots.
https://www.cdc.gov/tetanus/about/index.html

Kinda like a pregnancy can't be "caught" if you are around a preggo.

Quote:
Are 11 year old going to catch cervical cancer from sitting in the same classroom? If they decide when they are 18 year old adults, let them make their own decision to get it.
It's not recommended for 11 year olds. Unless you're an idiot of a parent and have a sexually active 5th/6th grader.

At 18 years old, you're going to need 3 shots.

BTW? Who are these parents whose kid goes to bed at 17 years old and wakes up the next morning having turned 18 & think their kid is smarter/more worldly & can make great decisions... than she or he could 12 hours ago? And sign off as a parent and believe this "magical age" of 18 years old is more than it is, realistically?

Old 08-04-2017, 05:57 AM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What do you mean children? It was the good Rev. Jacobson himself who objected to getting the smallpox vaccine, and he was eventually fined, after he lost his case in the Supreme Court. The point is, the government can require vaccination; it doesn't have to.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed...7/11/case.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts
Do you really think only a fine is enough of a penalty? I did read there were others who refused. They too just paid the fine. Jacobson got out of jail once he paid his fine. Was not quarantined or forced to get the vaccine.

There really is no teeth in that case. It's similar to the ACA monetary penalty for not having health insurance. It seems Government "really doesn't". So Jacobson is pointless, except perhaps for Minors.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
It's (HPV) not recommended for 11 year olds. Unless you're an idiot of a parent and have a sexually active 5th/6th grader.

At 18 years old, you're going to need 3 shots.

BTW? Who are these parents whose kid goes to bed at 17 years old and wakes up the next morning having turned 18 & think their kid is smarter/more worldly & can make great decisions... than she or he could 12 hours ago? And sign off as a parent and believe this "magical age" of 18 years old is more than it is, realistically?
Actually, HPV is recommended for 11-12 year olds, and can be given as young as 9. There are several reasons for this:
1. Younger kids develop better immunity.
2. If you start the series younger, under age 15, you only need two doses rather than three, making it much easier to complete the series.
3. The teen will have the immunity when s/he needs it. It takes 6 months to get the full series, whether in two doses or three. Teens don't usually decide to have sex and then wait six months. Plus, the virus can be spread through sexual activities other than penetration.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,114,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I actually am that adult child with the autistic mind and I am older than your son. Ask many other autistic children. They will tell you that they like who they are and they prefer the term "neurodivergent" so they don't even necessarily consider their condition a disability but a character trait.
The only thing that makes having autism difficult is having a non-supportive environment to grow up in. As long as people around you understand how to deal with your different mind you eventually succeed. Some autistic people go on to be very successful. Lower functioning autistic people may have a more difficult time which is why your son might be having difficulties but that doesn't change the fact that autism is nothing to fear if one does happen to get it. I do find it difficult with the way society is to have a different brain but I couldn't imagine myself as strictly neurotypical. I notice that for example neurotypicals find it easy to lie. Even though that's often the way to succeed I can't imagine centering my life around that.
Also maybe he tested normal because he was so young that it remained dormant. Some things don't show up until later.

First of all: You seem to be a bright & articulate person & you deserve to be proud of yourself for this. And you are very, very, lucky.

As am I. Initially diagnosed as the "most profound case of adult ADD I have ever seen in a female" by a Neurophsychiatrist who is known throughout the country as being a top expert in his field; diagnosed ASD within that same year.

I post a lot here on CD & it would surprise most readers to meet me in person because I do not talk the way I write. A two paragraph post may take me 3-4 hours to write & I usually have to stop & start several times over. I use my documents to write the initial post & then copy/paste it in to the “reply” box here otherwise I will time-out my reply & lose everything. This will be a long post. I started it around 11pm on 8/12 … who knows when it will actually be posted.

I'll admit to a little indulgement in "autistic-elietist" mentality here & there. I have been determined to have Savant Syndrome as well with two seperate capabilities of perfect pitch & atypical hyperlexia.

It took a Herculean effort on my part, to put myself through college (with a 9th grade education), graduate, become successful in my career with time-management & communication skills. I did it because I desired my independence so very much.. I remembered being called “retarded” & I used it, played it over & over inside my head because success is the best revenge. The more times I heard “retarded” in my head; the harder I worked.

I’ll bet you have a personal success story as well. But we are both walking a very fine line.

My 13 year old son is on the other side of this line.

I assume you can use a toilet by yourself? Me too. But not him. As I type this, I am sitting on the bed where he is sleeping in the dark. It's what I do every night because if not he will wake up in a panic & destroy everything within his grasp. Not because he's "bad" but because he's scared & he panics. In about an hour he will wake up & charge like a bull into the bathroom. He will throw or knock over anything that is not nailed down.He will be disoriented & violent. I don’t try to get sleep anymore between 10pm & 2am because I’m afraid he might head butt me unconscious before I’m even awake.

He is 6 foot tall & 200lbs. Hopefully he will lay down & ram his head into my body a few times. I don't mind that, really. I know he craves that deep pressure from the outside after spending the last 11 yrs with his brain swelling from the inside ... It's called Encephalopathy; it started within hours after being double-dosed with his vaccines at age 2. Within 1 week he had started full-regression with a loss of most developemental skills within 2 months.

He developed super-human strength; tipping hard wood furniture end over end & ripping metal gates bolted into walls out with his bare hands, leaving piles of plaster & drywall. All of this he was able to do by age 4. His pediatrician has predicted that he will be 6'7" by the time he is fully grown.

He was in diapers until age 8. Still requires help bathing & dressing. Is only able to tolerate a small number of foods. He self-harms. You could ask him how he feels about it all day long but he can't answer.

"His" Autism is something to be feared. Calling him Neurodivergent won't change the fact that he is a child with brain damage.

He's an eloper. Found once in a neighbors home at 5am playing with their dog. I had spent a year sleeping every night in a chair just feet from the foor to avoid this but he had gotten around me. He will wander without awareness of traffic, “Danger” signs, animals, water. God forbid he is spotted by a predatory person who realizes that without communication ability he will make the perfect victim; he can’t tell anybody who did what to him. He now wears a GPS tracker 24/7 for his safety.

He wants so badly to have friends & to be part of something. Instead; he calls himself “invisible Luke”.

I worked for 16 years after I graduated, had a lot of kids & still did very well for myself. . I walked away from it all to care for my son. There are TWO child care centers in my state that are certified to care for kids with his level of needs. I did it because I know I’m the best one to do it. I knew when he was hurting or thirsty without his words & nobody else did. He needed me & I love him. There was no question in my mind that I was doing the right thing. And there still isn’t.

I am no longer independent. I live at 200% below poverty level & am dependent on the good graces of his dad for a very small amount of monthly budget & his SSI to help provide for him. I have nothing saved for my senior years. I have no clue what will happen to us. I am beyond “fearing”; I am terrified.

I know you don’t want to be “cured” of Autism & you don’t have to worry about that. There will be no cure. What’s been done is done.

I wish I could find some benefit of my own that would help me help my son. Nobody cares that I can pick out the 1 person in a huge choir that is out of tune, or ad lib harmonize with a song I’ve heard just once. Nobody writes me a paycheck just because I can read over 1,300 words per minute with 98% comprehension (top 2% in the nation, no less) . What good is my being an Autistic Savant, really, to my son?

Can you believe ME that my son was NOT born Autistic? That I am hyper-aware of seeing/hearing/feeling that something hurt him? Changed him & damaged him?

And guess what? I know that vaccines don’t cause Autism. BUT, while some can be born with Autism, most are not.

But some people are born with genes containing atypical variants. These variant genes, can cause a person to be either highly resistant to, or susceptible to, our own antibody/immune response. If you are born with susceptibility variants, your own immune system might trigger a response capable of causing Encephalopathy. Which is known to cause Autism.

In other words; we gave ourselves Autism, with the immune response that occurred after being vaccinated. Unless, of course, maybe you were not vaccinated & just happened to be exposed to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Diptheria, Pertussis & Tetanus ... all at once.

I just found out last month that I was born with three variant genes; one resistant gene & two susceptible genes & there may be more . Apparently, I passed along at least one of these to my son. The CDC & Pharma have known this for years & are in the process of developing bio-specific vaccines so we will have options to the “one-size-fits-all” vaccines available now. Until then I guess some of us have been (and will be, unless tested first) sacrificed in the name of the “greater good”, AKA herd immunity.

Last edited by coschristi; 08-13-2017 at 06:45 PM..

Old 08-14-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
And guess what? I know that vaccines don’t cause Autism. BUT, while some can be born with Autism, most are not.

But some people are born with genes containing atypical variants. These variant genes, can cause a person to be either highly resistant to, or susceptible to, our own antibody/immune response. If you are born with susceptibility variants, your own immune system might trigger a response capable of causing Encephalopathy. Which is known to cause Autism.

In other words; we gave ourselves Autism, with the immune response that occurred after being vaccinated. Unless, of course, maybe you were not vaccinated & just happened to be exposed to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Diptheria, Pertussis & Tetanus ... all at once.

I just found out last month that I was born with three variant genes; one resistant gene & two susceptible genes & there may be more . Apparently, I passed along at least one of these to my son. The CDC & Pharma have known this for years & are in the process of developing bio-specific vaccines so we will have options to the “one-size-fits-all” vaccines available now. Until then I guess some of us have been (and will be, unless tested first) sacrificed in the name of the “greater good”, AKA herd immunity.
Do you have any sources to verify the above?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:14 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,737 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jktx2ZG24xI

Old 08-14-2017, 08:23 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,996 times
Happily unvaccinated for all my generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies