Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 07:11 PM

37,131 posts, read 41,338,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"here will be some. Having acne increases the risk of suicide.

Severe Acne Raises Suicide Risk, Study Finds"

Oh, man, you are really stretching taking vaccines here. ROFL Side effects of Anti-Depressants? SUICIDE. To quote my daughter, "Why does my "Happy Pills" (Paxil) make me want to slit my wrists?" You can ask that German Pilot about that. Oh, wait, he is dead along with his 100 Passengers.

An ACNE Vaccine will prevent SUICIDE? Gimme a break. That is insulting to people with Psoriasis, Lupus, and even those of us who have had Dermatitis. Give us a vaccine or medication or we will commit suicide.

How low can you go?
Do you deny that people with acne have an increased risk of suicide? I presented my evidence. Let's see yours that counters it.

I guess you never knew anyone with severe acne that was bullied. How about a girl with severe acne who was the homecoming queen? How about a guy with severe acne who dated the homecoming queen?

Psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis?

Psoriasis impact goes more than skin deep | Dermatology Times

"Dr. Feldman and others have looked at rates of suicide and depression in patients with psoriasis and found both to be higher than among controls.

'In our survey of patients with psoriasis, 10 percent had thought about committing suicide due to their psoriasis at some point in their lives,' Dr. Feldman says.

In a large United Kingdom study published August 2010 in Archives of Dermatology, researchers found that compared to controls, psoriasis patients were 39 percent more likely to be clinically diagnosed with depression, were at 31 percent higher risk for anxiety and at 44 percent increased risk of suicidality."

Skin Disorders and Suicide: Examining the Effects of Eczema - MPR

"The population-based study surveyed adolescents 18–19 years of age and reported a prevalence of current eczema at 9.7% (11.9% in females, 7.9% in males). Participants with eczema were significantly more likely to report suicidal ideation compared to those who had never suffered from the condition (16% vs. 9%; AOR, 1.87; 95% CI, 1.31–2.68). Statistically significant associations were also seen between eczema and mental health problems and eczema and mental distress, pointing to the need for new treatments and psychological support for this population."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16676633

"The prevalence of suicidal ideation in patients with mild, moderate, and severe atopic dermatitis between the age of 15 to 49 years were 0.21%, 6%, and 19.6%, respectively. In addition, the prevalence of homicide-suicidal ideation in mothers or fathers of patients (aged 0-14 years) with mild, moderate, and severe atopic dermatitis were 0.11%, 0.35%, and 3.28%, respectively. These results indicate that patients with atopic dermatitis or even parents of patients with atopic dermatitis have high prevalence of suicidal ideation.

By the way, some people who start anti-depressants were already suicidal. They may complete a suicide before the medication takes full effect. That does not mean the medication caused the suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A lot of vaccines are for inconvenient illnesses, not dangerous ones.
They do not make vaccines for diseases that are only inconvenient. All of the infections for which we vaccinate children can maim and kill. Worldwide, vaccines have prevented millions of deaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,755,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There will be some. Having acne increases the risk of suicide.

Severe Acne Raises Suicide Risk, Study Finds

Would you be anti-aspirin if your child had an allergic reaction to aspirin?

The risk of any serious adverse event from a vaccine is about 1 in 1,000,000. Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it.

https://www.thrillist.com/cars/natio...ads-in-america

You are completely ignoring the risks of the diseases that vaccines prevent. Take flu for example. For the past flu season 101 pediatric deaths have been reported. From past studies we know that 90% of them were probably not vaccinated.

Vaccines do have failure rates, though those are small. Someone who is vaccinated can still get infected. There are also infants too young to be vaccinated, those who have immune disorders or who are on immune suppressing drugs, including cancer chemotherapy, and others with conditions that make vaccines contraindicated. Your unvaccinated child could expose any of those people to a vaccine preventable disease. A woman who was vaccinated but immunosuppressed died from measles pneumonia in Washington State in 2015.

Measles Death Points to Need for Herd Immunity | Medpage Today

Perfectly healthy teens have died from influenza. All of the diseases for which we vaccinate children can kill. That's why they are all "recommended" even if a school system does not make one or more mandatory.

https://www.google.com/search?q=teen...hrome&ie=UTF-8

You might want to reconsider the tetanus shot. The vaccine does not cure it, it prevents it. You may be given the antitoxin after symptoms start but the fatality rate is still high.

Vaccines make up a tiny part of drug company revenue. Of all the arguments against vaccines, the "follow the money" idea makes the least sense. Drug companies would make more money just on antibiotics to treat meninigitis, pneumonia and secondary bacterial infections in people with diseases like measles and chickenpox than they do on vaccines. Half of people with measles get hospitalized. In the US prior to the vaccine there were about a half million cases of measles per year. Half of those is a lot of people, you may notice. That is expensive, especially if ICU treatment is involved. Without vaccines, doctors and hospitals make more money. Heck, even the funeral industry would make more, because far more die from vaccine preventable diseases than from vaccines.

Opposition to vaccines is based on pseudoscience and an inability to see that the benefit to risk equation greatly favors taking the vaccine.

When you refuse to vaccinate you are counting on your neighbors to do it so you will be protected by herd immunity. That is why the anti-vaxers who campaign against all vaccination are so idiotic. Not only do they not want to vaccinate, they do not want anyone to do so, at which point herd immunity disappears. If we stopped vaccinating against measles we would soon be back to half a million cases per year (probably more, since not all were reported) with about 400 deaths per year. Of those who get measles, 1 or 2 out of 1000 would die. Of the survivors, another 1 out of a 1000 will have encephalitis, which can cause life long disability. About 4 to 11 in 100,000 will get a condition called subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, which takes years to cause symptoms, results in deterioration of neurologic function, and eventually is fatal. In addition, measles wipes out immune memory for other infections, making survivors susceptible to other potentially fatal infections for up to three years after recovery.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html

Measles Weakens the Immune System for Years - D-brief

The harm in not vaccinating is that the non-vaccinators like to live near other non-vaccinators, creating clusters of unvaccinated children. One case of a disease, like measles, is introduced and it spreads through the unvaccinated population, like it has recently in Minnesota. Active efforts by anti-vaxers to persuade Somali immigrants to not vaccinate by telling them the vaccine causes autism (it does not) contributed to this outbreak.

https://www.invisiverse.com/news/fou...enace-0178775/

Measles - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Minnesota measles 2017. Only three cases of 79 were fully vaccinated.

79 total cases:
70 in Hennepin County
3 in Ramsey County
4 in Crow Wing County
2 in Le Sueur County

Vaccination status:
71 confirmed to be unvaccinated
3 had 1 dose of MMR
3 had 2 doses of MMR
2 are unknown/pending

5 in adults

Race/Ethnicity:
64 are Somali Minnesotan
11 are White/Non-Hispanic
3 are White/Hispanic
1 is Black/Non-Hispanic

Sometimes children will have a fever after being vaccinated. Some children will have seizures if they have a fever, whether the fever is due to a vaccine or an illness. Febrile seizures are not dangerous, they do not cause brain damage, and there is no evidence that vaccines cause epilepsy.

Vaccine preventable diseases can and do cause permanent mental disability and the risk of having a severe complication from the disease is far greater than the risk of the vaccine

By the time someone is 18 the odds are in the US that he or she has already had intercourse and been exposed to HPV. The reason the vaccine should be given at puberty is that it does not work if you have already been infected.

The reason infants are vaccinated against hepatitis B is that the younger the person is when he gets it the greater the risk of persistent infection and subsequent liver cancer. In half the cases of infection in children no one knows who the child caught it from.

The zoster vaccine is given to prevent reactivation of the virus and possible postherpetic neuralgia, the pain from which can be severe, permanent, hard to treat, and sometimes leads to suicide. I know from previous vaccine discussions that you think shingles is a trivial, minor annoyance. For many who get it, it is devastating. You do not want the vaccine? Fine. You think shingles is not potentially fatal? You are wrong. The rash may not kill you, the gun to the head because you are in unremitting excruciating pain will.

Zoster is contagious, by the way. Someone who is not immune to chickenpox can get it (chickenpox, not zoster) from contact with fluid from the blisters. Someone who has zoster should keep the rash covered (if he can tolerate having anything, even clothing, touch it) and those who have not had chickenpox may want to avoid contact with someone who has it.

Vaccines save many more $$$$ than they cost. That argument will not hold water and it is silly to keep repeating it. It is equally silly to insist drug makers should not make $$$$.
- Acne causing suicides?

- You say "The risk of any serious adverse event from a vaccine is about 1 in 1,000,000. Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it." and I agree, but you don't get to have it both ways. Right after saying this you go on to guess that around 90 out of 74 million children in the US died from the flu. You know of course that they didn't die from the flu, they died most likely from pneumonia, a symptom of the flu, but that can rarely be proven. Still, 90 flu deaths out of 74 million children in the US is precisely the type of preposterous long shot you mock in your quoted statement. Now, of those 90 who were not vaccinated, how many were "There are also infants too young to be vaccinated, those who have immune disorders or who are on immune suppressing drugs, including cancer chemotherapy, and others with conditions that make vaccines contraindicated." For all you know, all of the un-vaccinated outliers fell into these groups and not a single healthy, un-vaccinated child died of the flu.

- If the flu vaccine is so safe, why would any infant be "too young" for it anyhow?

- As for teenagers dying of the flu, healthy teenagers absolutely should not die of the flu. The handful who did, may have had undiagnosed immune issues, or something of that nature? Also, it's important to understand that most so called "flu" deaths are not in fact caused by the flu, but rather attributed to it, without actual proof. So, back to your argument of "Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it.". The odds of your teenager dying from the flu are so astronomical that in my opinion, there's no reason to take the flu shot. If you want to vaccinate your kids for the flu, I won't judge you, all I ask is the same courtesy in return.

- I'm 46 and have never had tetanus, never stepped on a rusty nail or rusty tin can and realistically, I probably likely never will. I'd rather go get a shot if it should happen, than introduce unnecessary toxins into my body. Again, if you want to have the tetanus shot, I won't judge you for it, all I ask is the same in return.

- As for measles, prior to the MMR vaccine in the 1960's there's no way half the people were hospitalized for it, that is a modern invention. Half of what people exactly, anyhow? US citizens? Worldwide? Children? The measles, for the vast majority of people is a minor thing. 2-3 days of a rash, fever, cough, sneezing. That's it. I'd like to see some data to support your assertion that 1 out of 1,000 people die from it? Maybe worldwide, where diarrhea is a deadly complication, but certainly not in a developed country. I can not find an exact number, but believe it's closer to 1 in a million, than 1 in a thousand in the US. The odds of dying of it for a healthy child, in a developed country, are so remote in fact that it goes back to your ""Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it." argument.

- As for the Somali measles outbreak, two things jump out at a person immediately from your link. 1) not one single death. 2) not one shred of evidence that "anti-vaxxers" persuaded Somalis not to take the vaccine.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
- Acne causing suicides?

- You say "The risk of any serious adverse event from a vaccine is about 1 in 1,000,000. Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it." and I agree, but you don't get to have it both ways. Right after saying this you go on to guess that around 90 out of 74 million children in the US died from the flu. You know of course that they didn't die from the flu, they died most likely from pneumonia, a symptom of the flu, but that can rarely be proven. Still, 90 flu deaths out of 74 million children in the US is precisely the type of preposterous long shot you mock in your quoted statement. Now, of those 90 who were not vaccinated, how many were "There are also infants too young to be vaccinated, those who have immune disorders or who are on immune suppressing drugs, including cancer chemotherapy, and others with conditions that make vaccines contraindicated." For all you know, all of the un-vaccinated outliers fell into these groups and not a single healthy, un-vaccinated child died of the flu.

- If the flu vaccine is so safe, why would any infant be "too young" for it anyhow?

- As for teenagers dying of the flu, healthy teenagers absolutely should not die of the flu. The handful who did, may have had undiagnosed immune issues, or something of that nature? Also, it's important to understand that most so called "flu" deaths are not in fact caused by the flu, but rather attributed to it, without actual proof. So, back to your argument of "Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it.". The odds of your teenager dying from the flu are so astronomical that in my opinion, there's no reason to take the flu shot. If you want to vaccinate your kids for the flu, I won't judge you, all I ask is the same courtesy in return.

- I'm 46 and have never had tetanus, never stepped on a rusty nail or rusty tin can and realistically, I probably likely never will. I'd rather go get a shot if it should happen, than introduce unnecessary toxins into my body. Again, if you want to have the tetanus shot, I won't judge you for it, all I ask is the same in return.

- As for measles, prior to the MMR vaccine in the 1960's there's no way half the people were hospitalized for it, that is a modern invention. Half of what people exactly, anyhow? US citizens? Worldwide? Children? The measles, for the vast majority of people is a minor thing. 2-3 days of a rash, fever, cough, sneezing. That's it. I'd like to see some data to support your assertion that 1 out of 1,000 people die from it? Maybe worldwide, where diarrhea is a deadly complication, but certainly not in a developed country. I can not find an exact number, but believe it's closer to 1 in a million, than 1 in a thousand in the US. The odds of dying of it for a healthy child, in a developed country, are so remote in fact that it goes back to your ""Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it." argument.

- As for the Somali measles outbreak, two things jump out at a person immediately. 1) not one single death. 2) not one shred of evidence that "anti-vaxxers" persuaded Somalis not to take the vaccine.

Because their immune system can't handle it yet. Many vaccines have a lower age limit, and some few have an upper limit. I'm not sure what your point is.
https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.or...revention.html

It may make you feel better to skip immunizing your child if you believe that, but it's not true in most cases. About half of all kids who die of flu have no pre-existing conditions. https://www.healio.com/pediatrics/in...r-than-2-years

Here's your documentation: https://www.cdc.gov/measles/download...tsslideset.pdf

Not one death YET, but about 20 hospitalizations. Here's more than a shred: Did Anti-Vaxxers Spark a Measles Outbreak in an Immigrant Community?
Here's another: https://thinkprogress.org/minnesota-...s-20086bc389c8
And another: Anti-vaccine groups blamed in Minnesota measles outbreak - CNN.com

Old 07-16-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
- Acne causing suicides?
If you have evidence that what I posted is untrue, bring it on.

Quote:
You say "The risk of any serious adverse event from a vaccine is about 1 in 1,000,000. Your child is much more likely to be killed in a traffic accident, but parents put their children in cars and trucks every day and never consider the risk when they do it." and I agree, but you don't get to have it both ways. Right after saying this you go on to guess that around 90 out of 74 million children in the US died from the flu. You know of course that they didn't die from the flu, they died most likely from pneumonia, a symptom of the flu, but that can rarely be proven. Still, 90 flu deaths out of 74 million children in the US is precisely the type of preposterous long shot you mock in your quoted statement. Now, of those 90 who were not vaccinated, how many were "There are also infants too young to be vaccinated, those who have immune disorders or who are on immune suppressing drugs, including cancer chemotherapy, and others with conditions that make vaccines contraindicated." For all you know, all of the un-vaccinated outliers fell into these groups and not a single healthy, un-vaccinated child died of the flu.
No, they died from influenza. Pediatric influenza deaths are reportable and laboratory confirmed. The total is not a guess; it is counted deaths. In the past studies have shown that 90% of children who die from flu are unvaccinated. Even if a secondary bacterial pneumonia happens, the precipitating event was the influenza and the death is attributable to it. Would you say that a person who was shot in the lung who ultimately died from pneumonia did not die from the gunshot wound? The flu virus itself causes pneumonia, which is a term for a lung infection. It is not necessary for there to be an additional bacterial pneumonia.

Also, you are using the wrong denominator when you say "out of 74 million children in the US". The proper number is deaths compared to the number of cases of flu. No one is counting those because reporting is not required. The number of Americans who get flu can vary from 5% to 20% of the population, depending on the severity of the season. Using your figure of 74 million children, that would be roughly 3.7 to 14.8 million pediatric flu cases per year. Some years there are more pediatric deaths than others, so let's say 100 per year to make the math easier:

100 deaths out of 3.7 million flu cases is 1 out of 37,000.

100 deaths out of 14.8 million flu cases (and that ignores the probability that there would be a higher than average number of deaths if the number of cases is higher) is 1 out of 148,000.

Either of those numbers is a higher risk than the risk of the vaccine.

In the study that found that 90% of flu deaths happened in unvaccinated children, about 40% of the deaths were children with no known chronic medical conditions.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/c...flu-deaths.htm

There is actually newer information now.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...u-vaccine.html

"The study, which looked at data from four flu seasons between 2010 and 2014, found that flu vaccination reduced the risk of flu-associated death by half (51 percent) among children with underlying high-risk medical conditions and by nearly two-thirds (65 percent) among healthy children."

Yes, healthy children do die of flu.

Quote:
The issue is not safety, it is response to the vaccine. Infants younger than 6 months may not be protected even if they get it. That is why it is recommended that women who are pregnant take the vaccine. Not only are pregnant women at higher risk to get severe flu themselves, they can make protective antibodies against the virus that cross the placenta and protect the newborn and young infant.

Quote:
What you are saying is that any teen who dies from flu was not healthy, even if he had no known health problems. That is a bit of wishful anti-vax thinking. However, if every apparently healthy teen who died from flu had "undiagnosed immune issues", how do you know that your teen does not have "undiagnosed immune issues"? I can understand your unwillingness to think your healthy child could die from flu, but he could.

Quote:
What you said before was that you would wait until you had tetanus, not that you would wait until you had an injury that might result in tetanus, "The doctor explained that on the extremely off-chance that I got tetanus, I could just get the shot after-the-fact & receive the same benefit." The vaccine does not work if you wait until you get tetanus. Then you need anti-toxin, and the death rate from tetanus is high even if you are treated for it. It is also a miserable way to die.

By the way, I doubt that a doctor told you to wait until you got tetanus to take the vaccine. You either misunderstood or you need a new doctor.

Many people do wait until they get an injury to get a booster. However, if the injury is severe or it has been a long time since your last booster, the antitoxin might be needed, too.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/i...tetwdmgmtc.pdf

There are no "toxins" in tetanus vaccine. The active ingredient is a toxoid, similar to the true toxin produced by the tetanus bacteria but much, much weaker. The toxin produced during infection is actually so strong that tiny amounts produce disease but do not give permanent immunity to it.

Quote:
The hospitalization rate is the percentage of infected people needing hospitalization. The death rate is the percentage of infected people who die. I am sorry; I assumed you knew how such rates are calculated.

Prior to introduction of the vaccine there were about 48,000 admissions for measles per year. Many children were treated at home who would be hospitalized today, but doctors made house calls back then.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

"It is estimated 3 to 4 million people in the United States were infected each year. Also each year an estimated 400 to 500 people died, 48,000 were hospitalized, and 4,000 suffered encephalitis (swelling of the brain) from measles."

Once you have measles there is no specific treatment for it except support and antibiotics for secondary bacterial infections. The 1 or 2 deaths is per 1,000 reported cases, so it does not include unreported, and probably milder cases.

Even if we estimate that there were 3,000,000 cases, reported and unreported, per year in the US with about 400 deaths, that would still be a rate of about 1.3 deaths per 10,000 cases, still far higher than your estimate of 1 per million and higher than the risk of the vaccine.

Quote:
- As for the Somali measles outbreak, two things jump out at a person immediately from your link. 1) not one single death. 2) not one shred of evidence that "anti-vaxxers" persuaded Somalis not to take the vaccine.
There are only 79 cases in the outbreak in Minnesota so far. Even at a rate of 1 or 2 deaths per 1,000 reported cases that means not enough cases yet. However, case #80 could be the one who dies. In addition, all of those kids are at risk now to get SSPE, and it will be years before we know whether any of them do.

In 2015 there were 188 cases and 1 death in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

The anti-vaxxers have indeed targeted the Somali community, including Wakefield himself, who met with Somali parents at least three times in 2010 and 2011. MMR uptake plummeted, and the recent outbreak is the result. The antivaxxers came to Minnesota even in the middle of the outbreak.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.c6e3fc146176

There was a previous smaller outbreak in the Minnesota Somali community in 2011.

How one unvaccinated child sparked Minnesota measles outbreak - CBS News

Old 07-28-2017, 03:46 PM

50 posts, read 84,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I'm purely thinking of vaccines that have a broad public health implication. Voluntary vaccines are just that. Up to the parent. Mandatory ones are for the good of society.
So Mandatory Hepatitis B within hours of birth, is something for the greater good? It is only contracted by anal sex or blood-to-blood contact. Also, roto virus, which only causes diarrhea is vital? Yes, perhaps in a third world country where diarrhea can kill you, but not here. There are plenty of vaccines that are just making big Pharma money. We are trained to think it its for the greater good. But, if you really dig in, you will change your mind. Our children are so sick...auto-immune diseases, autism spectrum, cancers, speech delays, ADHD, learning disabilities and plenty of other ailments that were virtually non-existaant before the crazy vaccine schedule was in place. 49 doses of vaccines by age 2. come on now, that is insane.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,153,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Every vaccine ever made has been dangerous for some people. They are not all safe for everyone. It is a lottery.
As an avid traveller, I've gotten all kinds of vaccines. The only one that I had any notable reaction from was rabies shots prior to travelling to rural sub-Saharan Africa. I felt a little feverish and was achy at the injection site.

And believe me when I say that's not a vaccine you want to skip if you're going to be at risk. Don't believe me? Watch a video of someone dying from human rabies.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:04 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,283,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniereese View Post
So Mandatory Hepatitis B within hours of birth, is something for the greater good? It is only contracted by anal sex or blood-to-blood contact. Also, roto virus, which only causes diarrhea is vital? Yes, perhaps in a third world country where diarrhea can kill you, but not here. There are plenty of vaccines that are just making big Pharma money. We are trained to think it its for the greater good. But, if you really dig in, you will change your mind. Our children are so sick...auto-immune diseases, autism spectrum, cancers, speech delays, ADHD, learning disabilities and plenty of other ailments that were virtually non-existaant before the crazy vaccine schedule was in place. 49 doses of vaccines by age 2. come on now, that is insane.
No matter how you want to spin it, these diseases killed a whole lot of people before vaccines. And to think those ailments were non-existent before we had the means to test for them is silly.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:50 PM

50 posts, read 84,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
No matter how you want to spin it, these diseases killed a whole lot of people before vaccines. And to think those ailments were non-existent before we had the means to test for them is silly.
I didn't say they were non-existent, I said VIRTUALLY non-existent. Growing up, no one around me had ever heard of autism. Auto-immune diseases were rare, as were the other ailments I listed. Unvaccinated children tend to be healthier than vaccinated children.

At the end of the day, parents should have the ability to choose what is done to their children. We live in a free country and should be free to do what we think is best for our own children. There is no doing something for the greater good, when the majority of the population isn't currently vaccinated against most of these normal childhood illnesses. Have you had an MMR vaccine lately? I don't know many adults that have.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,838 times
Fox news, going so far to the right they are meeting the far left anti vax head... politics is funny go too far to the left and right and you start to become the stuff you fear and hate...

universal health care beginning to be embraced by the hard right and now anti vax. what next?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniereese View Post
The birth dose of hepatitis B vaccine is not mandatory. It is given then because half the time when a child gets Hepatitis B no one knows where the virus came from. It could be from blood from a family member who does not know he is infected or from another child. The younger the person when he gets infected the less likely he will be able to clear the virus and the greater the risk it will cause liver cancer.

Hepatitis B can be transmitted by any sexual activity, not just anal sex.

Rotavirus killed some babies here in the US prior to the vaccine. It also caused a lot of hospitalizations.

Big Pharma would make more money treating the diseases that vaccines prevent than it does with the vaccines themselves.

Vaccines do not cause "auto-immune diseases, autism spectrum, cancers, speech delays, ADHD, learning disabilities and plenty of other ailments."

For the life of me, I cannot understand why having more vaccines to prevent more dangerous infections is a bad thing. A child can easily handle all the doses of vaccines he will ever get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies