Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times

Advertisements

In an interview with the NYTs Trump said he would not have hired Sessions if he knew that Sessions would recuse himself from the Russian Investigation.

Talk about getting kicked in the gonads! Ouch for poor Mr. Sessions.

In other parts of the interview Trump mused about a military parade in Washington DC and Mueller would cross "a red line" if he delved too closely into his finances. Gee, I wonder why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...T.nav=top-news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 06:27 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,489,000 times
lol, but that's what we love about him, he tells it like it is! unfiltered, raw, full bore straight ahead! It's actually quite refreshing for a change!

Old 07-19-2017, 06:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
lol, but that's what we love about him, he tells it like it is!
Like....If that guy actually finds all the dirt on me its a red line.
.........Military parades are awesome, I can look cool like all the other dictators!
.........I should have never hired someone who had the slimmest amount of ethics in him like Sessions.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In an interview with the NYTs Trump said he would not have hired Sessions if he knew that Sessions would recuse himself from the Russian Investigation.

Talk about getting kicked in the gonads! Ouch for poor Mr. Sessions.

In other parts of the interview Trump mused about a military parade in Washington DC and Mueller would cross "a red line" if he delved too closely into his finances. Gee, I wonder why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...T.nav=top-news
What a mess of an interview.

Quote:
President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job. Mr. Trump criticized both the acting F.B.I. director who has been filling in since Mr. Comey’s dismissal and the deputy attorney general who recommended it. And he took on Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel now leading the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election.
Quote:
“Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the president,” he added. “How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair — and that’s a mild word — to the president.”

Mr. Trump also faulted Mr. Sessions for his testimony during Senate confirmation hearings when Mr. Sessions said he had not met with any Russians even though he had met at least twice with Ambassador Sergey I. Kislyak. “Jeff Sessions gave some bad answers,” the president said. “He gave some answers that were simple questions and should have been simple answers, but they weren’t.”

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 07-19-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-19-2017, 06:32 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,818 times
Default Trump now says he wouldn't have appointed Sessions as AG if he knew Sessions would recuse himself...

On matters regarding the 2016 election.

More whining from the Donald? Or does he have a valid point?

"Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the President," Trump said, referring to himself. "How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, 'Thanks, Jeff, but I'm not going to take you.' It's extremely unfair -- and that's a mild word -- to the President."

Trump says he wouldn't have picked Sessions if he knew he'd recuse himself - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-19-2017, 06:32 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
I bet Trump is going to give back Russia their NY and Maryland compounds tomorrow(Thu, 7/20/17). He did the NYT interview to 'wag the dog'. Putin's been threatening for the past week or two about wanting those compounds back. Putin likely was the leaker of the Donald Jr emails. Trump wants to give those compounds back before Putin does more damage to Trump.

Watch and see tomorrow's news that Trump decided to give the Russian compounds back. Trump would never give a news story without an ulterior motive.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Aww, poor baby.

You know it's bad when even Jeff Sessions has too much integrity for Trump.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,489,000 times
He has a point.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:36 PM

998 posts, read 1,326,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
unfiltered, raw, full bore straight ahead!
More like full boor...

Old 07-19-2017, 06:37 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I bet Trump is going to give back Russia their NY and Maryland compounds tomorrow(Thu, 7/20/17). He did the NYT interview to 'wag the dog'. Putin's been threatening for the past week or two about wanting those compounds back. Putin likely was the leaker of the Donald Jr emails. Trump wants to give those compounds back before Putin does more damage to Trump.

Watch and see tomorrow's news that Trump decided to give the Russian compounds back. Trump would never give a news story without an ulterior motive.
Very good point. I will watch and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies