Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:23 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,698,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I wish Senator McCain the best of health and a full recovery from this cancer diagnosis. But would the Republicans change their tune about Obamacare and the failed Trumpcare bid if Senator McCain was not able to get his choice in treatment because of these laws and the proposed changes to the current healthcare law/s?
McCain's time in the Senate has made him a multi-millionaire and of course he cheated on his first wife to marry into money that he needed to start his political career.

i.e. He doesn't need insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's nonsense. I'm sure that John McCain received an Honorable Discharge & served in Combat.
A Veteran has to apply for VA Medical care, but he/she does not have to be "indigent or disabled".

We have zero idea what type of Medical Insurance John McCain uses - it could be Medicare, but it doesn't have to be Mediare. I could be the Health Insurance provided to CongressCritters OR it could be a Group Plan as a family member of his Wife's business.

Interesting facts about the CongressCritter's Health Care Plan -.
It was "Politically Correct" for them to go on ObamaCare, but they figured out a way around it (with the help of TeamObama) and designated themselves as a "Small Business" so they could get Subsidies.

So clever
Nonsense! I am a combat vet and I don't get anything other than treatment for a service connected disability that does not disable me from the VA because I make too much money. ets Vets who are interested can enroll and when you do you go in a priority group. I am group 7 or 8 (I forget). If 7s and 8s can get care, then you pay for copays which are pretty steep and higher than anything on private insurance. But, group 7 and 8 could not even enroll a couple years ago because of shortages/overloads. It may have changed.

Also, when I hit the golden age, I was ineligible for my regular group plan. I had to go on a Medicare version. I believe that is the law and it would apply to McCain as well. It's all irrelevant anyway as McCain does not have to worry about care like millions of his constituents do. This goes to the very core of what's wrong here: medical care is dependent on whom one works for. It is a confused mess. It is neither equally available or affordable.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 07-20-2017 at 08:46 AM..

Old 07-20-2017, 08:42 AM

36,623 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
I wish Senator McCain the best of health and a full recovery from this cancer diagnosis. But would the Republicans change their tune about Obamacare and the failed Trumpcare bid if Senator McCain was not able to get his choice in treatment because of these laws and the proposed changes to the current healthcare law/s?
Exactly what laws are in place now or what proposed changes to the current healthcare law would prevent Senator McCain to be unable to get his choice in treatment?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,691,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nonsense! I am a combat vet and I don't get anything other than treatment for a service connected disability that does not disable me from the VA because I make too much money. ets Vets who are interested can enroll and when you do you go in a priority group. I am group 7 or 8 (I forget). If 7s and 8s can get care, then you pay for copays which are pretty steep and higher than anything on private insurance. But, group 7 and 8 could not even enroll a couple years ago because of shortages/overloads. It may have changed.
My brother is group 8 and gets the same kind of care at the VA as I do with a 100 % disability rating. Its cheaper than Obamacare insurance would be. He enrolled two years ago after I encouraged him to apply. He has received glasses and other medical devices at greatly reduced cost had he not applied. He has no disability rating.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,988,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
That is Medicare. Everyone gets that. I am referring to private insurance.
Wrong. You have to pay for Medicare in the form of a monthly premium. Currently I pay $105.60/month. If I refuse, my Medicare insurance is cancelled.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Politicians don't have to deal with any of the consequences of their actions.

That's for us little people.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,944,197 times
Quote:
Believe me they are not going to change their tune. Of course your hypothetical would never happen and they know it. They are the puppets of Big Insurance, just like most of our representatives Republicans and Democrats alike. They are responsible for the high cost of the ACA and now of course they want to make it even worse for the average American with Trumpcare. In this country we have decided that a completely unregulated health care market is the way to go, and the survival of the fittest (financially speaking) is part and parcel of that. What was that Dicken's quote? "If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

40,960 posts, read 49,272,120 times
Quote:
Would you feel different if we were on Single Payer and they turned down treatment because of his age?

Case in point.... At 80 he's going to die soon anyways, why spend tax $$ for treatments to extend his life 6 months.

IMO that's one of the problems with Govt Healthcare.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:31 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The current law would insist on letting McCain die. The government model would determine that an 80 year old man is not worth the expenditure of costly treatment to only extend his life a few extra months. That is the "death panel" the Democrats say do not exist.
This is what passes for conservatism these days. Look at him and laugh.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:10 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,517,901 times
Mcains a retired Captain. He pays 50 dollars a month for Tricare, Medicaid Part B 100?.
Get over it people. He will never need Obamacare. Not required, ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies