Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well said Lilyflower.
I know people from all walks of life both young and old and it is fun to have a respectful talk/debate with them.
I'm not out to convert anyone so I don't even try but I will often play devils advocate so as to offer up a different view point and some cant handle that. In fact some can't handle truthful facts.
I once had a very Liberal relative whom I was engaged in a political chat with, she told me all sorts of odd untruthful things about her candidate, the typical media talking points and when it was my turn I told her the truth citing facts and she said "I don't care about the facts" and she stormed off.

I'm sure Putin has a master plan but influencing the election toward the loose cannon Trump over Hillary who has shown that she is willing to play ball so to speak... Putin must have really hated Hillary.
I like your thread. fair and balanced.

It looks like you have great friends, you sound like one (good friend that is)

take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
The thing is; it is not that the Russians tried hacking into our voting system, they did, it is also not that they leaked Hillary emails to do her damage, they did, nor is it that the actions had any impact on the election, they did, the problem is none of those, they are already proven fact. The issue is whether Trump and/or his minions colluded with Russia to affect our election and if this is proven to be true by the Special Prosecutor then the Congress will have no choice but to act upon it and remove from office anyone that is guilty of such acts.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I've never been friends with a republican. I'm typically drawn to decent, caring people.
So 50% of the country are not decent, caring people. Look at the consequences of liberal/progressive polices over the last 60 years. Has it benefited anyone but the politicians? You are very close minded, and mean.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,971,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You served in the Army and you don't have any Republican friends? That is kind of sad.

I grew up in a decent community. I've heard MANY cringeworthy remarks about veterans,minorities, people on welfare from Democrats and liberals, but I am not stupid enough to say ALL liberals are uncaring people.
I served with a lot of right-leaning people. We shared an oath and a mission, and I was loyal to both, but none of those people became my friends. Fortunately, I served with plenty of other people who shared my values.
To be clear, there are horrible people all along the political spectrum, but to actively choose an ideology that prioritizes greed and white supremacy, the way that Americans to conservatism does makes one the type of person I could never be friends with.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM

173 posts, read 258,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So 50% of the country are not decent, caring people.
It's not even close to 50% of people that identify as republican. 30% maybe? But I agree with your general point.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:58 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
I have several close friends who are Republicans. There are decent people on all points of the spectrum.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
I served with a lot of right-leaning people. We shared an oath and a mission, and I was loyal to both, but none of those people became my friends. Fortunately, I served with plenty of other people who shared my values.
To be clear, there are horrible people all along the political spectrum, but to actively choose an ideology that prioritizes greed and white supremacy, the way that Americans to conservatism does makes one the type of person I could never be friends with.
well, The GOP has simply caused itself a great deal of damage in a modern society. To remain relevant it has to expand its current appeal beyond its current base. I will give you that.

But to say ALL Republicans are uncaring people is simply untrue. I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Must have been a dreadful dinner party, what with the OP pestering them with his RW BS in order to have something to post today.
OP clearly mentioned that they're liberal.

Because he doesn't follow the sheep, you mark them as right-wing? Hysterical.

I want more libs like the OP, actually. Seems like they are balanced.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:01 AM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Civil debate here, I hope, but here is what I don't understand about the Trump supporters, maybe you can help me out.

Let's assume you are correct, and Hillary is "crooked, and we don't need Russia to help us understand that" (paraphrased). I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that, it's subjective, but your opinion is as valid as mine.

So if the basis for your vote is not to vote for someone who is "crooked", how do you justify your vote for Trump? Serious question, because as I see it, if you are voting against curruption, Trump is not your man. If you are voting against cronyism, Trump is not your man, and if you are tired of the Elites having all the control, and them sticking it to the ever-dwindling middle class, then Trump is not your man.

So, if I grant your points on Hillary, then can you help me understand how Trump is a better choice?

Serious question, and I mean for a civil discussion. Thank you in advance.

Well of course there was much more to my vote then Hillary is crooked.

Hillary for me was the path to more of the same Obama and his attempts to "Fundamentally change America". I did not like what that meant.
Hillary was for increases in the refugee program by 550% while ignoring folks here that need help.
She was for open borders and amnesty for 11 million future Democrat voters.
She was against the Second Amendment and for criminals and their rights at the hands of bad cops but she lumped the good ones in there too as a problem.
It is scary to think who she would have put on the Supreme Court.
She was 2 faced and willing to tell anyone what they wanted to hear including the time she was on a predominantly black radio station as a guest and she pulled a bottle of hot sauce out of her pocket book claiming that she takes it everywhere and puts it on all of her food. Really?

She was just too calculating, too smug and condescending plus the real factual scandals that swirled around her that would have put anyone else without the last name of Clinton in Prison.

She may have been the most qualified but as America showed on election night they wanted America to take a different course... except for NY. and CA. that gave her the popular vote.

All that and more was enough to justify my vote toward the loud mouthed, tell it like it shockingly is, braggard but I believe he loves America Trump.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:02 AM

173 posts, read 258,264 times
Quote:
So you assume that someone that agrees with 51% of a labelled ideology endorses the other 49%? When the democrat platform shifts you simply reform your beliefs to match? This is what you're accusing of your antagonists.

In my opinion 'labels' are the biggest problem in politics. Think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies