Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 AM

173 posts, read 258,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Voluntaryists?
I think everyone missed your post but I didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I've never been friends with a republican. I'm typically drawn to decent, caring people.
I have never chosen friends based upon political affiliations. Do you honestly believe that Hillary Clinton is a decent caring person?
Most farmers I know vote Republican and most farmers I know are good people.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:38 AM

39,340 posts, read 27,737,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I'm probably one of the few people on this board who has, in the last 12 months, spent quality time with crackheads and CEOs, with high school dropouts and college professors. I've lived everywhere from Boston, Massachusetts to Killeen, Texas. I've worked for fortune 500 companies, nonprofits and served in the US Army. I grew up in Harlem next to dope fiends, now a former US treasury secretary is one of my neighbors. Three weeks ago, I stood with my father-in-law on a rice paddy across from the unmarked graves of his parents. Tell me again about my bubble or echo chamber.
You served in the Army and you don't have any Republican friends? That is kind of sad.

I grew up in a decent community. I've heard MANY cringeworthy remarks about veterans,minorities, people on welfare from Democrats and liberals, (many look down on blue collar workers who don't have a college degree) but I am not stupid enough to say ALL liberals are uncaring people.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-20-2017 at 08:53 AM..

Old 07-20-2017, 08:38 AM

24,656 posts, read 17,388,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
If they read some of your posts on this forum I wonder how long they would still remain your friends.

I have never written anything on here that I wouldn't say to anyone if we were face to face.
You must be confusing me with someone else.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:39 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,192,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it is possible that Russia hacked the servers but giving that info to Wikileaks and others to undermine Hillary and the affects that had on her losing is a drop in the big bucket of reasons why she lost.
I agree, there's a good chance Trump would have won without Russia's help. Either way, if it is proven that the Trump campaign cooperated with the Russians to hack computers and spread stolen e-mails, that's a crime and must be prosecuted. We'll see what Mr. Mueller, the special prosecutor, comes up with.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,778,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I had dinner with friends last night and even though we said we would not talk politics in the end we did. My wife and I are not Trumpers 100% but we did not like Hillary one bit.
Our friends Love Hillary and Hate Trump.
We had a good debate and of course the Russian thing came along.

Our friends think that there was no doubt that Russia influenced our election. I kept asking how and they talked in circles but what finally came out was that they believed Russia hacked Hillary's secret server and the DNC server where they stole personal Emails and they leaked them to the likes of Wikileaks.

Ok but what did they say and what did they do with them?

They said that it was the constant trickle of negative wikileaks that eroded support for Hillary and turned people to Trump.
I think many people saw Hillary for what she was. There is no doubt that she was very qualified to be President but she was also crooked and I didn't need a Russian prompting via Wikileaks to know that and I don't think others did either.

I think it is possible that Russia hacked the servers but giving that info to Wikileaks and others to undermine Hillary and the affects that had on her losing is a drop in the big bucket of reasons why she lost.

They also think that voting machines were hacked but it was the anti Hillary trickle campaign of lies that finished her.

Our friends had good points, I hope we are still friends... but I still think that most people who voted for Trump had already figured out Hillary without any prompting from anyone let alone Russia.
Are you too lazy to google how Russia influenced the elections? Why do you pester your friends about partisan politics when you can research and find your answers in 2 mins.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:43 AM

51,688 posts, read 25,947,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
...they hurt the Clinton Campaign because they revealed TRUE information directly from the Clinton Campaign. ...
BS and you know it.

I've read the emails. They were SOP. Staff communicating with one another, coordinating things.

RW folks carried on about how they contained evidence of satanic rituals, pizza parlor pedophile rings, ... which, of course, they did not

Trump carried on about how they contained evidence of criminal activity, which, of course, they did not.

If there was any evidence of crimes, you can bet that the Republicans would have been on it like a a duck on June bug.

These emails hurt Clinton's campaign because the Trump and the Republicans lied about them and their minions were too damn dumb to check it out for themselves.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,073,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I watched the president's voting panel last night on C-Span. Voting machines are not even hooked to the internet. The Democratic Party is off the wall with their accusations. Next group on C-Span were the Democrats telling lies with each speaker stretching the truth worse than the last speaker. The first words out of their mouth was a lie saying the panel met behind closed doors so I couldn't see what I had just watched.
Are you assuming that b/c the voting machines are not hooked to the internet that they cannot be hacked? If this is your assumption you have a lot to learn about hacking

This is just an educational piece of how modern day hacking can and is happening. I'm only referencing it as it spells out what might have happened in the voting machine situation.

Russian agents hacked US voting system manufacturer before US election

Old 07-20-2017, 08:47 AM

24,656 posts, read 17,388,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Talking about politics is fun, but it is only one subject out of many that groups of people can discuss. People that have political litmus tests for others tend to be (1) extreme and (2) overly simplistic in their views.

If your (the general term) world view is so fragile that someone refusing to see things your way on matters of national/global policy is cause for anger, odds are that you're wrong. However, if you accept that you don't know everything, you're unlikely to convert others, and others are unlikely to convert you, odds are that you can agree to disagree on matters of politics with just about anyone and move on to other subjects.

I was born in 1985 and I have friends who are in their 60 and 70s (I met them in VA hospital ); I also have friends from ALL racial backgrounds. We might not agree with each other all the time, but we have several things in common. A. we apologize if we are wrong B. we try to put ourselves in other people's shoes C. we understand we are not know-it-alls. There are a lot of things in the world we simply don't know. D. Every American voter took a risk on election day. So there is no reason to hate somebody simply because they voted Trump or Hillary.

I may not disagree with your views on any of the aforementioned, but as long as you are logical and respectful, why would there be a problem? Plus, we don't owe our loyalty to the government, government officials, or even the people, it is to the constitution.

All these said, I also think your friend got a point. I believe Putin would have tried to interfere in our election regardless of who the candidates were. I believe this, because he is doing this in so many other countries. he wants to compromise democracies and wants to restore Russia to what he views as their former glory.

Well said Lilyflower.
I know people from all walks of life both young and old and it is fun to have a respectful talk/debate with them.
I'm not out to convert anyone so I don't even try but I will often play devils advocate so as to offer up a different view point and some cant handle that. In fact some can't handle truthful facts.
I once had a very Liberal relative whom I was engaged in a political chat with, she told me all sorts of odd untruthful things about her candidate, the typical media talking points and when it was my turn I told her the truth citing facts and she said "I don't care about the facts" and she stormed off.

I'm sure Putin has a master plan but influencing the election toward the loose cannon Trump over Hillary who has shown that she is willing to play ball so to speak... Putin must have really hated Hillary.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,683,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
BS and you know it.

I've read the emails. They were SOP. Staff communicating with one another, coordinating things.

RW folks carried on about how they contained evidence of satanic rituals, pizza parlor pedophile rings, ... which, of course, they did not

Trump carried on about how they contained evidence of criminal activity, which, of course, they did not.

If there was any evidence of crimes, you can bet that the Republicans would have been on it like a a duck on June bug.

These emails hurt Clinton's campaign because the Trump and the Republicans lied about them and their minions were too damn dumb to check it out for themselves.
I am beyond tired of being called dumb for voting for the best candidate running. You're wrong. Stupidity is voting for someone who hates half of America so much that she calls us names just as you did. She nor Obama were ever fit to be president. They hate Americans. I had already said I would never vote for Hillary if she were the only person running and I had good reason to do that. Some of us actually think for ourselves and don't listen to campaign talk. There are other sources out there and maybe you need to check into some of them and you might vote for the best person running the next time.

As for Putin and Clinton; isn't turn about fair play? She tried to influence their elections so he would not win according to reports. That had nothing to do with Trump. He wasn't even a candidate when that happened.

Last edited by NCN; 07-20-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies