Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,472,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
Seems so obvious, doesn't it?
Really?

Seems a bit of brain dead nonsense to me.

Do you have data and proof that you didn't collude with Russian foreign agents last year?

How ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 04:06 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,715,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Really?

Seems a bit of brain dead nonsense to me.

Do you have data and proof that you didn't collude with Russian foreign agents last year?

How ridiculous.
How about learning from the examples of nixon and clinton? Blasting over and over again that it is a "witch hunt", threatening investigators and his own staff, changing the story ever other day... he needs to shut up and deal quietly through his attorney. Oh, wait, his attorney is almost as bad as he is, so that won't work. Won't we all be soooo glad when this is over and the facts are out there? Or, don't you want that?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:12 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,869,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I thought it was right neighborly of Mr. Trump to go public and tell Bob Mueller where to look for clues to criminal activity. Maybe he'll get an extra pillow in his cell.

ROTFLMBO, Don't you just love it? There are just no limits to the STUPIDITY of Trump!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:34 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,306,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The cult 45 people won't go there - they believe that anything they did in the past is excusable, but that nothing anyone else did in the past can ever be forgiven. Since they celebrated the investigation leading to lewinsky, they should also be celebrating that the current investigation may be leading to something... but, they don't want to know what that is, and they don't want anyone else to even consider it.
Haha, exactly.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:55 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Or did Trump get the heads up Mueller was investigating his businesses and then he said something?

Old 07-21-2017, 05:08 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,950,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Does anyone that isn't a member of Cult 45 think Trump is acting like an innocent person? It is glaringly obvious that he has something to hide and is terrified at the prospect of a legit investigation. He all but admitted that he is pissed Sessions didn't have his back and make the whole thing go away.
Apparently, Mr. Trump approached his 'run for POTUS' the same way he approached his business dealings, 'With High Risk Comes High Rewards'. He was rewarded for the 'high risks' he & his campaign management took with the US Presidency.

As Mr. Trump is well aware, high risks don't always pan out, high risks can produce or lead to high pain or losses, particularly when circumstances or conditions change (which is likely always & in all ways).

He might've been in a better position if he had 'come clean' from the start by releasing his tax returns. I know that's hind sight but the American people can be forgiving if they see the benefits.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:12 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,701,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Apparently, Mr. Trump approached his 'run for POTUS' the same way he approached his business dealings, 'With High Risk Comes High Rewards'. He was rewarded for the 'high risks' he & his campaign management took with the US Presidency.

As Mr. Trump is well aware, high risks don't always pan out, high risks can produce or lead to high pain or losses, particularly when circumstances or conditions change (which is likely always & in all ways).

He might've been in a better position if he had 'come clean' from the start by releasing his tax returns. I know that's hind sight but the American people can be forgiving if they see the benefits.
I've always wondered why Trump decided to put himself in the position of being so scrutinized. He didn't need this...but then I come around to the fact that I think he thought he could control the entire narrative of the government so that he was untouchable. He was able to do that in his business and I think he believed that the President was more like a King or a Boss and he could stop anything that dug too deep. And certainly, Cult 45, believes he should be able to.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:16 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,511,586 times
So he has yet more turnover, now it's with his legal team. How much more turnover will we see with this guy? This after throwing his Attorney General, one of his closest supporters, under the bus for recusing himself when he had no choice.

The clown show roles on.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Actually, I think the reason that trump said that about mueller is because he got wind that they are investigating the money laundering thing, and wanted to get out in front of any announcement or media digging (know under the rule of 'alternative facts' as "leaking")... It just looks like he was pointing the way. They were already there.
Wholeheartedly agree with everything said here.

Let's face it, Mr. Trump has been 'down this road (many times) before' he knows the drill.

The only difference now is that he's POTUS. The American people's interests are tied to his own. What's 'good for Trump Org' is not necessarily what's good for the USA & the American people.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've always wondered why Trump decided to put himself in the position of being so scrutinized. He didn't need this...but then I come around to the fact that I think he thought he could control the entire narrative of the government so that he was untouchable. He was able to do that in his business and I think he believed that the President was more like a King or a Boss and he could stop anything that dug too deep. And certainly, Cult 45, believes he should be able to.
Many NYers have expressed similar wonderings ~ personally I have no clue, except to say I understand what you're saying here & wonder as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies