Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

What a scumbag. He is trying to make it impossible for people to get insurance, so he can declare ACA has failed.

Trump administration pulls Obamacare help in 18 cities

"There's a clear pattern of the administration trying to undermine and sabotage the Affordable Care Act," said Elizabeth Hagan, associate director of coverage initiatives for the liberal advocacy group Families USA. "It's not letting the law fail, it's making the law fail."

Old 07-20-2017, 01:57 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What a scumbag. He is trying to make it impossible for people to get insurance, so he can declare ACA has failed.

"There's a clear pattern of the administration trying to undermine and sabotage the Affordable Care Act," said Elizabeth Hagan, associate director of coverage initiatives for the liberal advocacy group Families USA. "It's not letting the law fail, it's making the law fail."
i am prettysure that Trump took an OATH where he pledged to faithfully execute the laws of the land.

In trying to purposely destroy ACA Trump is breaking his oath. But Trump has no shame at all. He cares not that he is breaking his oath nor that his actions hurt his own supporters too.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i am prettysure that Trump took an OATH where he pledged to faithfully execute the laws of the land.

In trying to purposely destroy ACA Trump is breaking his oath. But Trump has no shame at all. He cares not that he is breaking his oath nor that his actions hurt his own supporters too.
I don't think oaths mean a whole lot to him.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Team Trump Used Obamacare Money to Run Ads Against It

"The Trump administration has spent taxpayer money meant to encourage enrollment in the Affordable Care Act on a public relations campaign aimed at methodically strangling it.

The effort, which involves a multi-pronged social media push as well as video testimonials designed at damaging public opinion of President Obama’s health care law, is far more robust and sustained than has been publicly revealed or realized.

The strategy has caught the eye of legal experts and Democrats in Congress, who have asked government agencies to investigate whether the administration has misused funds and engaged in covert propaganda in its efforts to damage and overturn the seven-year-old health care law."

"Under Secretary Tom Price’s stewardship, HHS has filmed and produced a series of testimonial videos featuring individuals claiming to have been harmed by Obamacare. "

Old 07-20-2017, 02:13 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
"Trump actively sabotaging the health insurance market to make ACA fail"

Well, he's kicking a dead horse then. The ACA committed suicide awhile back, it's already failed.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
This has been going on since its inception but Republicans are more blatant now than ever.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:15 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
"CSRA's current $12.8 million contract expires Aug. 29. Cognosante's $9.6 million contract expires the same date.

Together, they assisted 14,500 enrollments, far less than 1 percent of the 9.2 million people who signed up through HealthCare.gov, the insurance marketplace serving most states. But some advocates said the groups focused on the healthy, young adults needed to keep the insurance markets stable and prices down."

OK, these 2 companies together got $22,400,000. They assisted in enrolling 14,5000. That looks like about $7,900 per enrollee to accomplish this. I wonder if President Trump thought this was too much money?

Old 07-20-2017, 02:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
The Trump Administration seems to hate the self employed. Most of the working professionals using the individual marketplace are those who do not get insurance from an employer. Entrepreneurs, sole proprieters, contractors... I did not hear one mention of this class of businessperson and how they could be helped.

Before the ACA I could not even buy an individual plan for my family. Insurance companies just stopped selling them in my area because they were completely unaffordable so no takers. I guess we'll be going back there again.

The GOP used to care about people who "bootstrapped" themselves into starting small businesses and growing the economy. Guess that's not trendy now.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:26 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Inasmuch as the insurers bottom line depends on enrollments I have always been struck at how little marketing they do. Initially they had a billion dollars to sell Obamacare policies, but never spent much of it. They pretty much left things to the gov. Contrast that with nonstop huckstering of their offerings come Medicare enrollment time. Retirement age people find their mailboxes stuffed almost as badly as in political season. So, maybe if Trump tries to undermine them, the insurers will find the motivation and the money to launch a counteroffensive.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:30 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Libsters all lathered up in their lies again.

Contracts that were never meant to be long term aren't being renewed, yet according to the story "Other federally funded help with enrollment will continue...including a year-round call center and grant-funded navigator programs. The existing program is "robust" and "we have the on-the-ground resources necessary" in key cities, Norris said."

Just admit it libs...you just want an excuse to curse Trump out, that's all this thread is. You don't even read the stories you post or take five seconds to think it through. It's much more fun to just call Trump a scumbag...right libs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies