Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:51 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
So if you have a population of 1 million muslims, and 400, 000 want sharia law. And if they don't get their way. Guess what you now have 400,000 terrorists. I would say that's significant number. And your statement "that's In The UK" why are muslims different in the USA after speaking to you liberals...They all of sudden become KUMBAYA---Get Lost!!!

IF
Muslims are the scourge of the earth as you seem to believe, perhaps you'd care to explain why your great hero Trump went to Saudi Arabia, home of one of the most radical forms of Islam in existence, kissed their butts, made as deal to arm them to the teeth, and left them off his travel ban list? Sounds positively treasonous if they're the people you say they are.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:54 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,763,032 times
Leftists seem to have this odd notion that the way to tackle a problem is to import more of it. They fight poverty by importing more of it, they fight misogyny by importing it and they fight religious intolerance by importing more of it. They are consistent, at least, but they are consistently stupid. Either that or they really don't give a rat's ass about poverty, misogyny or religious intolerance and they are just posturing for more nefarious reasons.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,192,191 times
Well, I personally enjoy the dietary options that Muslims bring, since I am Christian that follows the Biblical dietary laws. I can eat at Muslim establishments and know that no pork and usually no other unclean animal has been near or mixed into my food. My new landlords are Muslims...can't wait until next Ramadan.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Leftists seem to have this odd notion that the way to tackle a problem is to import more of it. They fight poverty by importing more of it, they fight misogyny by importing it and they fight religious intolerance by importing more of it. They are consistent, at least, but they are consistently stupid. Either that or they really don't give a rat's ass about poverty, misogyny or religious intolerance and they are just posturing for more nefarious reasons.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us on just what the Rightists, clearly implied by you to be superior thinkers, have done to solve the problems you mention?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Well, I personally enjoy the dietary options that Muslims bring, since I am Christian that follows the Biblical dietary laws. I can eat at Muslim establishments and know that no pork and usually no other unclean animal has been near or mixed into my food. My new landlords are Muslims...can't wait until next Ramadan.

I was raised RC and had no such restrictions on pork other than on Fridays !, of course now it's Hey!, eat a steak on Friday, we don't care. Where does that restriction come from?

Personally, I gotta believe if God didn't want me eating pork he wouldn't have made pig so damn tasty.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,070,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I want to just clarify this point.

The US Constitution was a product of the enlightenment, it is a great example of the thinking of that period. As someone else mentioned here many of the founding fathers were actually Deists, not Christians as such, which was very current among the educated class at that time.

These people were much closer in time to the period of the religious wars in Europe, and had a clear sense of the horrors that sort of thing can bring on a society. Freedom of religion, and protection from the establishment of religion by a government, are hallmarks of the age.
Thanks for the clarification
I think we do not disagree
Because one of the most important principles of the Constitution is intellectual and religious freedom
There are, however, conditions for distinguishing between religious and political beliefs
A religious creed is a spiritual organization governing the relationship of man with God or any other spiritual force

This is what Jesus said 2,000 years ago
(Give what is to God to God)
It is all spiritual, moral and human practices
Political, organizational and legislative relations in some respects are subject to Caesar and Caesar is democratic because it derives from Roman and Greek culture And what Caesar had given to Caesar
This is the essence of the French thinker Rousseau's process
In the Middle Ages, the establishment of a system of separation of powers was clearly the cause of the progress of the West
Christianity accepts intellectual variables
While Islam rejects all forms of separation of powers
And rejects any attempt to change any law that violates the essence of the word of God in the Koran
Therefore, America, Europe and the free world believe in evolution because the foundation of its Constitution is freedom, which is the essence of the teachings in Christianity
We note that the free mind accepts the highest degree of criticism to believe in it
While the slave mind refuses to speak even about the biography of his personal prophet
Because it refuses to open up and is trapped inside the stones of the Kaaba, its black stone and God's eternal words

Old 07-24-2017, 10:37 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was raised RC and had no such restrictions on pork other than on Fridays !, of course now it's Hey!, eat a steak on Friday, we don't care. Where does that restriction come from?

The restriction on pork comes from the Hebrew dietary laws. Swine were considered an unclean animal. It is possible that this concern was shared by other Semitic people as well (Arabs would have been Semites). Muslims picked this up when their religion began.

The Christian converts of Hebrew origin presumably carried on these dietary laws for a while, but the non-Hebrew converts were not required to do likewise, following the opinion of St Paul.

The traditional Christian weekly fast was on Wednesday and Friday, and was not related to the dietary laws. Wednesday commemorated the night Jesus was betrayed, and Friday was the day He was crucified. The practice has been considerably reduced in modern times in the western church, but in the eastern church that is not the case.

Following this, to this day, Roman Catholics are expected to abstain (no longer fast) from meat on Fridays except for Good Friday (which requires the original fast). Outside of Lent, the faithful are free to substitute another form of penitential practice (contemplation and prayer, work of charity, scripture study, etc.) in lieu of abstinence from meats ... from my observation most current RC seem to be completely unaware of this or perhaps just ignore the stricture entirely and eat what they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Personally, I gotta believe if God didn't want me eating pork he wouldn't have made pig so damn tasty.
I can't argue with that.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:39 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,370,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Actually I might buy a 44 magnum.
Use it on yourself

Old 07-24-2017, 10:44 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,119,191 times
Hereeeeeee we go again, another thread about a fantasy problem meanwhile the Christian Talibangelicals are busy trying to impose a Christian theocracy on us and nary a peep from those who claim to be worried about religious fundamentalism taking over. I guess the reality is that they are only worried about Muslim and Hispanic boogymen.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:48 AM

34,257 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Use it on yourself

Really classy comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies