Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 10:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Use it on yourself
Hope he doesn't but an interesting point that does not get enough attention ...

There are 20,000 gun suicides in the U.S. every year, more than 50 every single day. That’s more than half of all suicides and two-thirds of all gun deaths.
The Brady Campaign

Old 07-24-2017, 10:51 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am a legal immigrant who voted for Trump. I am originally from India where we have a mix of different religions. The extremist brand of the religion called 'wahhabism' originated in middle east & spread to rest of the world. I dont know the answer to your question but I do know for a fact that there is a conflict between the children of immigrants born in the west vs their immigrant parents. The parents who follow the extremist views will brainwash their children against the west but when the kids go to school & see for themselves that nobody is bullying or targetting them for their faith, they start opposing their parents.

This is where I agree with liberals about pc & tolerance. Prove their extremist parents wrong. If you show any hatred then you have proved the immigrant parents right & pushed the kids towards extremism. Capture the minds & hearts of the young & make them loyal by avoiding discrimination & hatred. I dont even know when I became so Americanized but it has a lot to do with all the love, respect & acceptance I get from people around me. If I had felt rejection, I would have gone back to my country of origin but you treated me better than my own family so I stayed here forever. I work full time, pay taxes, volunteer, participate in politics & do whatever I can to contribute positively to this country. You won me over with your soft skills & good behavior. Yes you will find some psychos who will keep rejecting you but be good anyways because their kids might be observing & see who is obviously wrong. Just focus on doing what you can to end the extremist ideology by being good to the kids born here.
Given your second paragraph and the plea for folks to be welcoming and be treated well why did you vote for Trump? I'm not saying there weren't any people that are of this mindset that voted for him but it does not completely align with a lot of them. Thoughts?

Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Note: "fundamentalist" That is NOT the majority of Muslim immigrants. Progressive Muslims might wipe out the fundies. You really never know.
Then they are not real Muslims just like many people in this country are not real Christians. You say "fundamentalist" like it is a bad thing. It is simply a term used for people who take a literal belief in what is written in their holy books and base their lives, actions, and morals around those beliefs. Most muslim immigrants fall into that classification. "Progressive Muslim" is an oxymoron. So is Progressive Christian. You either believe and adhere to the words in your holy books or you do not. People will twist their faith into whatever makes them feel comfortable these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
What sickness compels you to work against your own cultural values and cheer your own culture's demise?
It's called liberalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
They follow the words of God and the conversations of Muhammad
It calls for the spread of Islam and its control of the world and by all means
Intellectual development, numerical growth, military terrorism, intellectual terrorism and disinformation.
Some people seem to get it. The two in bold will be their key to victory.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:12 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, I haven't heard of it.

Not a new idea:

American Taliban - RationalWiki

Old 07-24-2017, 02:40 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,601,843 times
Even if your title were true, which it isn't, it enhances our culture by bringing in a group that now has the ability to decide for themselves what they actually believe. It ceases becoming a construct of a government with law, but becomes merely a matter of religion....with ever more degrees of belief within the construct.

There are some sects of Christianity some would feel are fairly crazy. Take the Amish. They have some very strict rules that are not in sync with mainstream America. Yet, they exist peacefully, while maintaining their differences, and the later generations have a choice to make. Continue with the traditions that they were raised in, or take a more secular view.

A good friend (albeit with limited contact in certain points) was raised in a strict Muslim tradition, she came to college and went completely mainstream, yet then decided to marry a good conservative Muslim and resume the traditional role. The point is she now has the perspective of both sides. She's not as judgmental as she may have been before. The thing about people that believe in something fervently is they also have the ability to focus. He became a nephrologist. My father's oncologist is perhaps the best I've ever met. He's Syrian.

To me, nothing would necessarily prevent God from sending multiple prophets. Erecting different religions all to give glory to God. If one doesn't work, fine there are others. At the time of the founding fathers, people were killing one another based on their sect of Christianity. Diffusing the people controlled aspect of religious hierarchy is a genius way of saving more people.

Sharia law will not take root here because it has no legal basis and we are a country governed by laws. If anything, there is a long standing tradition of separating church and state. What better place for all of the world's religions to migrate too, learn how to peacefully coexist and to realize a better understanding for one another than the United States.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:57 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Certain parts of the USA are already under the Christian equivalent of Sharia law. You may have heard of the American Taliban. Why so few complaints about that?
You are absolutely correct. There are enforcers lopping off hands of thieves, throwing homosexuals off roofs, and executing apostates. Let's not forget the mandate to conquer, convert or kill infidels.
Oh.
My bad.
Wrong religion.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:14 PM

14 posts, read 6,568 times
As proven by this thread, libbies are the biggest liars.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:19 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Can someone tell me how?
Who said it does in the first place, what source did you get this from?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post

To me, nothing would necessarily prevent God from sending multiple prophets. Erecting different religions all to give glory to God. If one doesn't work, fine there are others. At the time of the founding fathers, people were killing one another based on their sect of Christianity. Diffusing the people controlled aspect of religious hierarchy is a genius way of saving more people.

Sharia law will not take root here because it has no legal basis and we are a country governed by laws. If anything, there is a long standing tradition of separating church and state. What better place for all of the world's religions to migrate too, learn how to peacefully coexist and to realize a better understanding for one another than the United States.
If you think that Muhammad is the Prophet of God, I think that speech is one of the myths of Islam
For he who is with a child can not be the prophet of God
Whoever marries the wife of the victim is not worthy of the title of prophet
Whoever declares war on humans does not deserve the title of prophet
For this reason, the comparison is between Muhammad and Hitler
Not between Muhammad and Christ
Muhammad meets his Hitler in the following qualities
Muhammad killed the Jews and slaughtered them
Hitler killed the Jews
Muhammad declared fighting and that his law was the best of the canons
Islam is the standard of distinction between human beings
Hitler believed in nationalism
I think Hitler's moral qualities are better than that of Muhammad too
Hitler did not marry and did not assault a child
But he married and announced his marriage to his mistress before his suicide
While Mohammad's wives numbered thirteen plus the right to marry from the property of the right
So I hope that you will not be a prophet of this kind

Old 07-24-2017, 10:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
And of Jesus were in the world today, most of the bible thumping Christians would cut him up and feed him to the hogs due to his beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies