Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,254,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This whole issue creeps me out. I will now stay away from freakish threads like these.
But you always post in them, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,801,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yes. Duh.
I wasn't sure how that works out. But if he, I mean she like dudes that makes her straight, even though she is actually a guy.

Apparently there are over 60 genders, dealing with the public as I do, and before I go back to sensitivity training this week, I would imagine that I need to at least know the top 5.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:13 PM

29,872 posts, read 25,009,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Probably, but that's because California has more people living there than vermont. One of the best estimates of the ratio is roughly 1 trans person to every 5,000 cis people. Though Vermont does have a law that makes discriminating against trans people illegal, there are probably a lot there as opposed to a less welcoming state. But you're probably right about Vermont having a smaller trans population than California.
California is a transgendered state, and wants to make Texas it's transgender bathroom.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,336,506 times
Most of the transgender stuff is coming from pop culture brainwashing. Even then, I would call it child abuse to do any sex change surgery on anyone under the age of 18. Sex change surgeries, hormones, raising kids as the opposite sex, should be banned until one reaches the age of 18 and is capable of making this life decision on their own. Michael Jackson is a good example of what happens when you mess with a child's hormones.

You think alcohol or marijuana is bad for a child's developing brain? What do you think trying to make them into another sex and giving them a sex change operation or hormones is going to do? It's selfish and irresponsible.. trying to make the child in your own twisted, psychologically bleeped up image.

I'm all for people living life the way they want, and don't care if a person is transgender at all. To me, it's a non issue. However, when parents are inflicting their psychological life choice on a child, that is child abuse. A 10 year old doesn't really know what they want, much less a 3 year old. Common sense, people.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,859,913 times
[quote=James420;49179951]I wasn't sure how that works out. But if he, I mean she like dudes that makes her straight, even though she is actually a guy.

I'm sorry for being snarky with the duh thing because you were legit confused. I understand that. I don't understand a lot of things.

Regarding Caitlyn Kartrashian, she's a girl, who likes guys, so she's straight. My buddy Michael, he's a trans guy who likes women, so he's straight. I'm a trans girl who likes women...so I'm a lesbian.

Quote:
Apparently there are over 60 genders, dealing with the public as I do, and before I go back to sensitivity training this week, I would imagine that I need to at least know the top 5.
Ha. If you don't know, just ask. If they trip, that's on them. If it gets really bad, duck and cover.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:21 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,801,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
California is a transgendered state, and wants to make Texas it's transgender bathroom.
Lol, anything comparing Texas and a toilet is funny.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:22 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,877,920 times
Yeah, I think it's getting a bit wild lately. I don't know why for such a small minority of people we have to keep hearing about this issue. Getting bored with it, frankly.

Kids shouldn't be getting sex reassignment till they are older and are legal adults. If a kid is a transgendered person in the truest sense they should just white knuckle it till they are older and make their own decisions.

I heard that the Canadians passed some legislation that if a kid is at school and vocalizes a gender identity issue that if the parents don't take the kid in to be looked at by docs and setup for gender reassignment that the Canadian government can step in and take the kid(s) away. That to me is a travesty and completely overstepping bounds.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,628,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I watched a video (forget where) of a mother talking about her young daughter who was getting sex change surgery. Of course, now days liberals love this, it is so touching and compassionate!

But is it really?

Maybe some kids really were born the wrong gender, I have no idea. But how can they be so sure? And how can they let a young child make this irrevocable decision?

I forget the age of the child in the video, but she was definitely under 18.

First of all, it is very common for girls to sometimes wish they were boys, and vice versa. If a girl happens to like sports, or other things where boys are given preference, she will be frustrated at being girl.

If a boy likes fashion, or dancing, or other supposedly girlie things, he might wish he could be a girl.

So the transgender desire might be temporary. And parents are letting their kids have parts of their bodies CUT OFF, based on what could be a passing phase.

BUT FURTHERMORE:

Gender is much more than a penis or breasts. Getting your penis cut off will NOT make you look feminine! Even if you take hormones.

The entire shape of a man's body is different from a woman's. Not just bigger. The proportions are different. And men have angles where women have curves. A man's face and a woman's face DO NOT look the same! No matter how much makeup you use.

I think sex change surgery is mostly a stupid passing fad. With exceptions of course -- if a child has an ambiguous gender, genetically, they might need sex change surgery.

Parents are letting their young teenagers get covered with permanent tattoos, so obviously they are not into thinking about the future. But they should.
This entire thread rests on a video you cannot produce.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM

810 posts, read 670,055 times
I don't know enough about their condition to make assumptive statements but I do, however, remember reading an article that said doctors prefer waiting til the kid is much older (17 or 18 maybe?) before any sex changing surgeries. They say that a decent amount of them grow out of it like a phase. I've heard of ultra liberal parents encouraging their behavior and trying to force the "sex change" instead of waiting til the kid is older. They may not be into that anymore

Old 08-13-2017, 09:49 PM

11,826 posts, read 12,079,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I think it's getting a bit wild lately. I don't know why for such a small minority of people we have to keep hearing about this issue. Getting bored with it, frankly.

Kids shouldn't be getting sex reassignment till they are older and are legal adults. If a kid is a transgendered person in the truest sense they should just white knuckle it till they are older and make their own decisions.

I heard that the Canadians passed some legislation that if a kid is at school and vocalizes a gender identity issue that if the parents don't take the kid in to be looked at by docs and setup for gender reassignment that the Canadian government can step in and take the kid(s) away. That to me is a travesty and completely overstepping bounds.
You heard wrong. It was in reference to children in foster care. Unfortunately the only link i can find right now is from Buzzfeed. https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro...VVa#.hhXgy9eeZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies