Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 06:06 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I am not a fan of scaramucci, but sometimes I wonder if some are not bordering on stereotypes here. Scaramucci is not a mobster but a Tufts and Harvard graduate. He just doesn't have the temperament for the job.
Scaramucci may not be a mobster, but he sure looks, talks and acts like one. Even mobsters have been known to graduate from places like Tufts and Harvard. So the Mafia has arrived at the White House.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mooch has not mentioned Steve Bannon.
In that interview he did.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Well, LBJ for one was known to curse like a sailor and threathen everyone in sight when he was mad. LOL. Not saying this guy is in LBJ's league, just saying we've had actual Presidents with potty mouths and bad tempers before, let alone staff members.

This dude would have been fine if he had requested this convo be off the record. If he had, this would have been another "unnamed sources close to the president said" piece like all the others. Instead he's on record and the whole thing has blown up into a huge scandal.

But for all the people wondering how these White House leaks happen... this is how. It's not necessarily the "deep state" LOL. Staffers fight covert wars with eachother in the press, talk trash about each other at parties (and get overheard), disagree with something happening and try to turn public opinion against it by telling a reporter "off the record". Notice how this reporter said that Mooch was one of the few who had never said anything negative about the President. He gets leaks from staffers all the time.
LBJ knew what he was doing. He had experience. He had brains. He was legendary.

These bozos are in way over their heads and know zero about how to pass legislation. I also believe Johnson knew what was in the legislation he was getting passed. Trump does not have a clue what is in it. Not a clue, and he doesn't really care. Trump and Scaramucci (who just appears to be an enforcer) are two peas in a pod. All style and no substance. He could just as easily work for the Gottis.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:09 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I love that he thought he could intimidate the reporter into giving up the source of the story. Scaramucci is something else.

Mooch as a nickname doesn't work for me. From now on, I shall refer to him as Scary Spice.
How about Scary Mucus?

Old 07-27-2017, 06:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
maybe the Mooch is really just a short term decoy?

A plant to take the heat off the white by going Nuclear over the course of a week or two. The Mooch comes in spirals and gets the media into a feeding frenzy to distract while the family and friends are testifying..

Old 07-27-2017, 06:11 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,569,336 times
1600 Pennsylvania Ave is officially now an insane asylum.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:11 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mooch has not mentioned Steve Bannon.
Problems reading, or understanding?

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own ****,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the ****ing strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

Old 07-27-2017, 06:17 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
maybe the Mooch is really just a short term decoy?

A plant to take the heat off the white by going Nuclear over the course of a week or two. The Mooch comes in spirals and gets the media into a feeding frenzy to distract while the family and friends are testifying..
Hmm..if one was to go the 'master plan' route---the transgender kerfuffle and Da Mooch and his pooch show...do take a lot of attention from his various investigations and healthcare.

Kinda like burning down your house to keep people from talking about your impending arrest--house is gone...and the cops just won't go away!

Old 07-27-2017, 06:18 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about Scary Mucus?
That has potential. It's growing on me.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:19 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,032 times
Wow, just when you think this administration can't go any lower, they surprise you.

Incredible the names he called others in his own administration.

Will the excuses keep coming from the Kool Aid Gang?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies