Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 03:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
McCain's recent surgery must have been a transgender operation.
McCain was a military officer he never had much use for the privates.

McCain is about 4 times the man you are. He flew tons of missions and, after captured, endured daily torture that would have killed most men. Then he came home and went to work serving his country in politics.

You have a lot of room to say one word about John McCain, but it just shows how low your side goes to support a man who avoided serving his country because of a "bad heel", and a rich daddy. You should be truly ashamed of those remarks.

What have you done to serve your country ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 03:55 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
And many Americans can't afford to pay for their monthly healthcare insurance premiums, much less the deductibles and copays. There are winners and losers.
The "Skinny Repeal" bill would have raised (everyone's) premiums by 20%.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.8345968a25fa

Old 07-28-2017, 03:58 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,251 times
I just woke up to the news and am absolutely shocked. Everything I read had me sure McCain would vote yes. Good for him. Now he heads back to AZ for cancer treatment Monday.

Is there any chance we can hope for a bipartisan effort now? McConnell has to accept that he's not getting the easy win - this will be a lot of work and months of hearings to do this right.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
McCain is about 4 times the man you are. He flew tons of missions and, after captured, endured daily torture that would have killed most men. Then he came home and went to work serving his country in politics.

You have a lot of room to say one word about John McCain, but it just shows how low your side goes to support a man who avoided serving his country because of a "bad heel", and a rich daddy. You should be truly ashamed of those remarks.

What have you done to serve your country ?
Well said! Though I think phma did serve and may even be female for all I know.

Nonetheless, I am not a conservative, not a huge fan of McCain's voting record, but he deserves credit where credit is due! He is a true American, a true character and is capable of cross aisle participation.

phma has projected onto me that I am a "lockstep partisan", doesn't seem that way does it? Funny how people just assume that everyone is just like them.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
It would be so cool if the GOP worked to make if more difficult to avoid buying insurance and found more ways to insure more people.

In Philippines if I employ one person I must provide them with insurance. American employers get away with hiring 49 employers and insuring none.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:29 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I can't wait. Hope he blows an artery.
And, immediately following the vote, Congress gave tRump the Russia sanctions to sign or veto. You know that ***** is just seething. The tweets should be entertaining. He is the ultimate punk.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:29 AM

628 posts, read 838,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I just woke up to the news and am absolutely shocked. Everything I read had me sure McCain would vote yes. Good for him. Now he heads back to AZ for cancer treatment Monday.

Is there any chance we can hope for a bipartisan effort now? McConnell has to accept that he's not getting the easy win - this will be a lot of work and months of hearings to do this right.
No chance with the Republicans being so partisan that they might split into 2 parties in a few years

Old 07-28-2017, 04:34 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Today is Failure Friday for Trump.

TrumpCare failed and a few hour earlier, the Senate delivered to Trump the bill for Russian Sanctions, which removes sole authority from Trump and gives it to congress.

Wonder if Trump will veto to show Putin that he's still loyal. Or will Trump sign the bill because he knows congress would override his veto. Maybe he'll sit on the bill for a few days. He's probably heading out of DC early Friday anyway to golf ( and celebrate Failure Friday ha ha ha).

Old 07-28-2017, 04:37 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,706 times
Pence is a tool for the right wing along with Ryan. I don't trust either of them. They are chomping at the bit to phase out medicaid soon then medicare. After that they will work on social security. Thanks for your helping the American public Republicans. Some dummies will still vote for them anyway though.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:48 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Another Trump failure, he is a loser pure and simple.
Last I checked the President doesn't get to vote in the Senate.

If any repeal bill got passed, he would have signed it.

But thanks to 3 RINOS we're stuck with Obamacare and the monstrously expensive premiums and deductibles that make our insurance useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies