Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 12:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,296,648 times

Advertisements

This company? Lol. I think this guy has something in common with Trump--BS huckster and Bankruptcy.

Hardwick Clothes in Cleveland, Tenn., files for bankruptcy | Times Free Press

Old 09-29-2017, 12:21 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,637,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because I can be, you got a problem with that?

Old 09-29-2017, 12:21 PM

46,345 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Yawn. 5th grade level word twisting. Try harder

How? Your pre-school "because I can" is pretty useless....on par for a leftist....

Old 09-29-2017, 12:22 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,672,879 times
unless it's COke, Pepsi or Budwesier the NFL doesn't care.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:23 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,637,588 times
This will all eventually blow over and the NFL will continue to be a huge money maker. I still love the NFL and college.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,969,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
What a silly post.

Who do you think dictates how much these athletes get paid, or eventually get paid (watching college football)?

So, who's the dummy, then?

I know my post required a deeper level of thinking, so let me rephrase it for you. There's a difference between "not watching" and wanting to force your opinions on others.

So when people, including Captain Bonespurs, say players should be "fired", that's not wanting to prohibit their constitutional right? Or when people say they should be deported? The NFL currently does not "fire" players for these protests.

Because of that, there are those who are boycotting until the NFL changes its stance on these types of protests, which would effectively take the right away from the players. If a player kneels, he loses his job. Not because the NFL already had this rule established, but because of the pressure of boycotting fans who are "offended". Does that sound familiar to you?

I don't have a problem with their counter protest, or else I would be advocating for the counter protesters to lose their job, come under attack, etc. I couldn't clear less if people don't want to watch football. I don't get easily offended like others obviously do. It's their right.

I'm just calling it out as I see it. The blatant hypocrisy. None of which you addressed. Shocking.

I know deflection is all you usual suspects have, but it doesn't work. Time for a new game plan.

Per the bold. I guess it could be said that you are.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM

30,541 posts, read 19,288,082 times
Quote:
Who cares
The world

Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,817,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I know my post required a deeper level of thinking, so let me rephrase it for you. There's a difference between "not watching" and wanting to force your opinions on others.

So when people, including Captain Bonespurs, say players should be "fired", that's not wanting to prohibit their constitutional right? Or when people say they should be deported? The NFL currently does not "fire" players for these protests.

Because of that, there are those who are boycotting until the NFL changes its stance on these types of protests, which would effectively take the right away from the players. If a player kneels, he loses his job. Not because the NFL already had this rule established, but because of the pressure of boycotting fans who are "offended". Does that sound familiar to you?

I don't have a problem with their counter protest, or else I would be advocating for the counter protesters to lose their job, come under attack, etc. I couldn't clear less if people don't want to watch football. I don't get easily offended like others obviously do. It's their right.

I'm just calling it out as I see it. The blatant hypocrisy. None of which you addressed. Shocking.

I know deflection is all you usual suspects have, but it doesn't work. Time for a new game plan.
Some of us have thought it disrespectful since day one on Kaepernik's part. So the President had nothing to do with my view because I think Trump should have stayed out of it. The players have the right to protest and people/fans have the right to respond as they see fit. The NFL can decide where they want to land on this and if they will enforce the rules they have about conduct during the anthem. But demanding firing is too over the top.

All free speech has consequences. One's politics dictates if they think someone else should express it or not it seems.

Last edited by redwood66; 09-29-2017 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,597,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
unless it's COke, Pepsi or Budwesier the NFL doesn't care.
And I can guarantee you that these so called patriots are not gonna give up their cheap Budweiser beer or their soft drinks.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
For years I argued that racism wasn't as bad as some were making it out to be. I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.