Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:13 PM

923 posts, read 494,924 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhborYfWsY

Old 09-28-2017, 04:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If the whole idea of saluting the flag is to recognize the sacrifice of soldiers, let's have flag-draped coffins pulled around the field by draft horses before each game.

Accompanied by taps.

Would be a more fitting tribute and would bring home the true cost of our endless wars.
If people really wanted to recognize our soldiers they would agree to a tax on their stock trades to bolster the V.A.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:17 PM

392 posts, read 317,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No. I believe it says something like "players should" not "players must". There is an ocean of difference between those two phrases.

Yep! The magic word is "should" not "shall".

Same as in the Flag Code. "Should" and not "Must" or "Shall". Otherwise, I would have to stand up every time the TV station sign off/on.

U.S. Code › Title 36 › Subtitle I › Part A › Chapter 3 › § 301
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
US Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
(Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

Old 09-28-2017, 04:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Nope. The Collective Bargaining Agreement set between the players and the owners is the Bible. Owners can not make up rules as they go along without both parties in agreement and the CBA amended. I must of posted this 100 times on CD.com and people still don't get it. The relationship between the owners and the players operate as a UNION.
Nope Both parties do not get to make the rules. The CBA only covers specific regulations.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Then what are they protesting? They are protesting a widely racist, oppressive America that promotes police abuse of Blacks, as well as keeping them "down" economically, and socially. Essentially that "Whitey" is not allowing them to succeed due to racism, and bigotry. No?
Incorrect. It's about blacks being abused by government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They are going about it in a cowardly fashion. If they really wanted to protest, instead of using people's relaxation time, they can go on any talk show, radio, TV, public venue, etc to make their case. Instead they use others time, and money in which to make childlike, immature gestures that annoy people who are their customers.
Cowardly? I disagree. Rude? Yes no doubt. If they want to protest, do it on their own time.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
1. You've seem them and ignored it. Don't know who you're attempting to convince. Now, be a man for once, and go back and respond to the posts.
Collect your best arguments and post it, I'll take it apart from there.

Quote:
That's cool, you don't save lives like neurosurgeons do. Pretty much what I thought.
You are right, if you aren't a neurosurgeon then you aren't important. No other field of expertise is of value.

Quote:
Your sarcasm speaks volumes. Bitter you lack the talent and work ethic to be a pro athlete, so it's easier to build up that defense mechanism. I really don't understand why, it's not a big deal to not be a pro athlete. However, it does speak volumes as to how you bash them, despite the amount of work and talent that is required, just because you aren't capable of being one. And then you blame the athletes, when it's the consumers who've determined their market value. Misguided anger. How sad.
This may come as a shock to you but there are many people around the globe who don't grow up dreaming of being a pro athlete.

Quote:
I asked what you did for Hurricane Harvey victims. Try to keep up.
Didn't realize it was the only important crisis on earth.

Quote:
Yeah? Fine one post where I've went on a whiny rant about pro athletes, with baseless claims and ridiculous stereotypes. I'm not the one outraged about athletes peacefully protesting, again, try to keep up.
I feel like you need an emotional lift. This will cheer you up.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
What is that thing?

Old 09-28-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What is that thing?
An adorable puppy.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Collect your best arguments and post it, I'll take it apart from there.

You are right, if you aren't a neurosurgeon then you aren't important. No other field of expertise is of value.

This may come as a shock to you but there are many people around the globe who don't grow up dreaming of being a pro athlete.

Didn't realize it was the only important crisis on earth.

Post 3696. Do your own homework. For once.

The rest of your responses are par for the course.

Post 3846 tells everyone what they need to know.

I don't feel like posting a picture of a box of Kleenex, but you certainly need one or twelve.

I'd ask you to post supporting evidence about any of the prominent protesters being juiced up coke heads who beat their wives, but you've embarrassed yourself enough.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Post 3696. Do your own homework. For once.

The rest of your responses are par for the course.

Post 3846 tells everyone what they need to know.

I don't feel like posting a picture of a box of Kleenex, but you certainly need one or twelve.
I realized after I sent the last post that the puppy was white and standing. This one should do the trick.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies