Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You changed what you said and then blame me for not listening. I don't need to say anything else.
I didn't change what I said. It's all there in black and white, and I didn't "blame" you for not listening. I made the point that people are listening. To what they want to hear. At ease...

Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can do it.

I'm not the one misrepresenting the facts. The first amendment gives the people the right to yell fire in a theater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
This is absurd.

The point of a PUBLIC protest is to attract attention to self. Making a 'Letter To The Editor' with your name on the letter is another way. Using your social eminence, like celebrities often do, to express your opinions is another way. All in all, it is about attracting attention to you.

Your argument is contradictory: Am making a pubic protest but I do not want you to look at me.

That make no sense.
It is not illegal for two people to argue the absurd to no end either, but I'm beginning to think it should be!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:32 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do you remember the Steelers and the "Drive for Five"? Now that's when football was football. Now liberals turned it into another college campus.
That was a time when men played the game not the snowflakes we got now.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What libs wish would happen but won't:

1. That they actually have enough cultural influence to be able to redefine what standing for the flag means.

2. That there will begin an earnest competition to redefine what patriotism means.

What's actually going to happen, and is happening, is that liberals and their special interest groups are coming off as unpatriotic "revolutionaries"; except that the nation is so weary from the constant, never ceasing, essentially anti-majority and anti-social complaining that this is the negative connotation that "revolution" has taken on. The brakes have essentially locked in this nation insofar as any magnanimous empathy is concerned from non-libs. Knee bending, complaining, rioting, etc. merely comes off as anti-civilization at this point.

What some groups do not realize is that this era is a large test that they are failing. The test is whether or not they can culturally re-orient and thrive under legal equality and freedom. In other words, the test is a demonstration of equal behavior. Every time that there are large national complaints or riots, which actually have no foundation in objective reality, the test is failed. What the ultimate social penalty will be for a continuously failed test remains to be seen.
Nothing quite as tiring as this sort of nonsense however...

Seems what you would have happen is everyone snap into good marching order with a good heavy intimidating hammer for anyone who falls outside the parameters of what you deem right and wrong. Fohgettaboutit!

Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The left didn't hijack the game. Trump is the one who started it with the "son of a bltch" comment. Trump likes to play identity politics and divide people by race or beliefs. It's an Alt-Right strategy created by Steve Bannon, and even though he's gone, Trump is continuing with it.
True.

And there are not many better ways to send a message back to Trump than to do EXACTLY the opposite of what the SOB POTUS demands. Now the bending knee is actually a form of giving Trump the bird, by people who don't appreciate being intimidated nor so easily intimidated. Though some people will view the likes in all different ways, there is nothing you can do about that except maybe attempt to explain to them again and again that they are wrong to view these symbolic gestures as unpatriotic or unAmerican. Wrong, wrong, wrong...

Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Billionaire football owners also hate being told what to do. I read where Trump called Jerry Jones begging him not to have anyone kneel 2 Sundays ago. Even called him in the locker room right before the game.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:14 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The issue is police brutality. Nothing, NOTHING, to do with vets. Dirty cops going to prison shouldn't be divisive unless you side with dirty cops. And I didn't see a single one of these black athlete request any vets to be on their side. I don't know why you brought that up. They don't need vets on their side.

Again the issue, that they are protesting is police brutality. They are not protesting the flag, troops, a songs, none of that. Why is this so hard to grasp.
you can be mad. it wont help. you may not know or realize it but the facts are these.
Those of us who served did do with that flag burned into or brain as a representation of all we hold dear. I do not care what these people say, they disrespected that flag and the memories of all of those we lost along the way. period. they don't get to define that.

More importantly, these guys who have alienated us DO very much need US way more than we need them. you think 300 guys taking a knee changes anything? The people that can bring pressure to bare aren't the guys on their knees. its all those hundreds of thousands filling the stadiums that can bring the pressure to cause change. Those people have been alienated to the point that there wont be support.

period.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Billionaire football owners also hate being told what to do. I read where Trump called Jerry Jones begging him not to have anyone kneel 2 Sundays ago. Even called him in the locker room right before the game.
Interesting, can you share the article?

Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Exactly my thoughts.

Ermahgerd you must stand up to respect meh!

Dude, it's not even about you.
im sorry my internet companion, but while it isn't about me, it is about all of us. they cant fix a freaking thing. they need the people they have offended ON THEIR SIDE> That ship has sailed.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a veteran and I'm on their side. They didn't burn any bridges with me.

Moreover, this isn't about bringing people together. I'm not interested in that anyway. This is about injustice. I don't care about being your friend. I want equal justice under the law. I have enough friends.
I got you. Thank you for your service.
you may not need me or anyone else as a friend. but you need all of us to perceive what you are calling "injustice" to be injustice. You wont get that by standing there insulting people.

its all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies