Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Really? Are y'all really feeling it on this one? Like he is your guy? Still?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk
I'm still with him and strongly support most of what he's done, but I'm not sanguine about his bringing in Nicky Santoro as communications director.

On the other hand, I don't pretend to know what Trump's best strategy is for dealing with the tidal wave of garbage dumped on him every day by lunatics that were long confined in the margins where they belong, but have been appointed in recent years by the MSM as architects and directors of all social policy.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:46 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He hasn't won so how can anyone be tired of winning? The only win he good was a conservative judge on the Supreme Court. His tax plan hasn't been fully unveiled and repeal and replace has failed time and time again in both houses.
I said it previously on another thread...

President Donald Trump's nomination of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch is not a win for Trump - it's a win for Senator Mitch McConnell, who changed the rules twice in order to put a reliably conservative judge like Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

First, McConnell refused to allow President Barack Obama's nomination of Judge Merrick Garland to have a confirmation vote in the Senate, holding the seat open. Second, McConnell changed the Senate rules for confirming a Supreme Court justice, lowering the number of votes required for confirmation from 60 to 51.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Really? Are y'all really feeling it on this one? Like he is your guy? Still?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk
The score remains,
TRUMP........1
HILLARY......0

Game over.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:06 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The score remains,
TRUMP........1
HILLARY......0

Game over.
Trump ....... 1.
Hillary ....... 0.
The United States of America ........ -1000.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm still with him and strongly support most of what he's done, but I'm not sanguine about his bringing in Nicky Santoro as communications director.

On the other hand, I don't pretend to know what Trump's best strategy is for dealing with the tidal wave of garbage dumped on him every day by lunatics that were long confined in the margins where they belong, but have been appointed in recent years by the MSM as architects and directors of all social policy.

Nicky Santoro? Hmmm I think you mean the foul mouthed Anthony Scaramucci as the new communications director? You know that pit bull on a chain that Trump hired to remove his weakest link so he could shuffle Sessions around and put in a yes man as the new AG.

Maybe you should do some research instead of blindly following a con man? Are you familiar with Alpha bank? Clue, it is a Russian bank with direct ties to the Kremlin. Are you familiar with the business dealings of Alpha bank and associates connected to the white house? No. Maybe not. It's kind of an obscure investigation for now. I'm sure Mueller knows way more about it then the general public. Don Jr. has been ordered by the intelligence committee to preserve all communications concerning interactions with Alpha bank. Read about it. It's a good read. It might broaden your horizons a tad.

Oh one more piece of homework if you're interested.

Google the new nominee for head of the DOJ criminal justice department Brian Benczkowski and who he helped represent up until the day of his nomination. It looks like if he's hired he has not agreed to recuse himself from anything Mueller is investigating into the Trump Russian investigation. Hmmm. History repeats itself with yet another sketchy appointee?

Tidal wave of garbage? I don't think so. Perhaps you're just an emotional thinker that is immune to facts? It's kind of embarrassing that you didn't even know who Scaramucci is. I'm sorry. Honestly I'm not trying to be rude, but I get the same emotional rhetoric from every Trump supporter I've tried to talk to and it's frustrating. Please read a little more about who you're supporting. Knowledge is power.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I said it previously on another thread...

President Donald Trump's nomination of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch is not a win for Trump - it's a win for Senator Mitch McConnell, who changed the rules twice in order to put a reliably conservative judge like Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

First, McConnell refused to allow President Barack Obama's nomination of Judge Merrick Garland to have a confirmation vote in the Senate, holding the seat open. Second, McConnell changed the Senate rules for confirming a Supreme Court justice, lowering the number of votes required for confirmation from 60 to 51.
I am only saying that it is a Trump win as that was the only campaign promise he had TRULY lived up to. The swamp is worse now than it ever was.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:17 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The score remains,
TRUMP........1
HILLARY......0

Game over.
Who cares. She lost. Trump is going to get impeached, and his financial dirty laundry will be examined closely by mueller.....lol.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:33 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Stock market near record highs? Check. Thanks Obama.

Unemployment lower? Check. Thanks Obama.

Law enforcement stronger? Check. Huh? How?

Illegal immigration down? Check. I'll give you this one.

Racial and gender politics down? Check. Are you in the same country the rest of us are??

Terrorism down? Seems like it. Where??

Wall built yet? Still in the works. Not in the works at all. Not that that's a bad thing.

Yeah, I think the good ole USA is doing alright under Trump so far. Right on course, mostly.
On the course I expected...heading off the rails.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:23 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Who cares. She lost. Trump is going to get impeached
And then what, have Mike Pence become our new president?

Old 07-30-2017, 11:33 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He hasn't won so how can anyone be tired of winning? The only win he good was a conservative judge on the Supreme Court. His tax plan hasn't been fully unveiled and repeal and replace has failed time and time again in both houses.
He didn't win the SCOTUS one either. Weasly McConnell did by cheating Obama of a SCOTUS when he refused to let Garland have a hearing. Karma is a beyatch now that he can't even get healthcare reform passed.

Trump has not won a single thing, not even the Presidency. He was able to steal the election because of Russia's help, his campaign lies and an antiquated Electoral College which should just be abolished or amended. Whoever wins the populate vote should win, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies