Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:06 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Kaycee Bawdon is out to show that smoking marijuana while taking care of children is perfectly acceptable.

When the mother of four from central California gets together for a playdate with other moms, they often enjoy some herbal refreshment while kids frolic in the yard nearby.

Whether it's smoking from a bong or lighting a joint, these moms make marijuana a regular part of their lives.
'Marijuana moms' say smoking pot makes them better parents - TODAY.com

I remember a certain cop in Minnesota saying he feared for his life because someone apparently smoked weed in front of their daughter...but..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 01:50 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Well they must have been some real parents if they have to get high to be a better parent, UNTIL they forget that the kid is outside and drowns in a pool or something.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-01-2017 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 08-01-2017, 01:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
seems a bit lame to me. When kids are small you want to be able to engage fully with them.

i have no issues with recreational use in moderation but not when you are taking care of kids. unless of course we are talking LOW THC and high in the other cannabinoids....

as to the "smoking " part vaping leaf/flower is the sensible option. it costs more but avoids the damage.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:57 PM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
"I can smoke it and go clean my whole house and do all my laundry and just get everything done,'' Elizabeth Orduno told Shriver.
"I feel like I am actually more focused and attentive while I am medicated, it kind of gives me that spruce of energy that I don't have,'' another mom, Saydee Perkins, added.

Is she sure it isn't laced with meth?

Old 08-01-2017, 02:01 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Lots of people around here smoke and then do chores like mowing the lawn. It's much easier to remain focused while high than while drunk. Face it alkies, marijuana is just the superior way to alter one's mind from a safety and body perspective.

Most people don't get drunk and then try doing laundry, though. Maybe mowing the lawn. In any case even sober parents can forget where their kids are and let them drown.

I always hear conservatives bring up the argument that it's not the gun, it's the people who use the gun.. the gun is just an object, or tool. Well same thing with marijuana... we could ban both guns and marijuana because some people are not responsible enough to use them properly, or we could legalize both.

If you had to pick one of the two options which would you pick?

(It's fun getting so called freedom loving people to open up their minds, get past what they were taught, and actually THINK)

Old 08-01-2017, 02:01 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
"I can smoke it and go clean my whole house and do all my laundry and just get everything done,'' Elizabeth Orduno told Shriver.
"I feel like I am actually more focused and attentive while I am medicated, it kind of gives me that spruce of energy that I don't have,'' another mom, Saydee Perkins, added.

I would think the smoke followed by a period of sustained work, would be common to many pot smokers.

I can't speak for others, but it's never been a drug to get me sitting down and eating chips, or whatever.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

I know a few people like that. Not the meth part. Helps them get through the daily chores in life that they don't like to do but need to be done. Better than blowing it off imo.
On top of that some people are also wound differently.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
'Marijuana moms' say smoking pot makes them better parents - TODAY.com

I remember a certain cop in Minnesota saying he feared for his life because someone apparently smoked weed in front of their daughter...but..

It is nothing like sampling a bottle of wine while the kids play...... I guess that is a different class of people.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:19 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is nothing like sampling a bottle of wine while the kids play...... I guess that is a different class of people.
Why not? ..... other than legality.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC MCAT View Post
Marijuana is Great if you're White. If you're Black or Latino you're a "Thug" and it justify's killing you.
Renew your subscription to the BLM newsletter recently?

If your white, smoking weed is stupid. Since we are talking invalid racial generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies