Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 04:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
He's not lying.

Its a NY thing imo.

Same reason they order their coffee light and sweet rather than saying coffee with cream and two sugars.

It saves time and time is like gold to them since they perceive themselves as living in the biggest rat race on the planet.

If they can cut corners with words, leave out syllables, etc.........they do.

It was much easier for Trump to say I got a call, than to explain while I was at blah blah I talked with so and so and he said so and so.

He doesn't understand that the rest of the country doesn't operate the same way. I know lots of NY'ers wo talk the same way. None of them are being dishonest about the jist of their message.
I lived on Long Island my duty 20 years of life, that isn't a "New York thing," but rather the sign of an egoist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 04:47 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Exaggerating will never be a lie as long as we have the two different words lol.
Synonym | Define Synonym at Dictionary.com

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'll give Trump some leeway until he tells me I can keep my doctor and my health insurance plan.
He told you he'd immediately repeal the ACA and replace it with something MUCH better. How's that working out for ya?

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
He's not lying.

Its a NY thing imo.

Same reason they order their coffee light and sweet rather than saying coffee with cream and two sugars.

It saves time and time is like gold to them since they perceive themselves as living in the biggest rat race on the planet.

It was much easier for Trump to say I got a call, than to explain while I was at blah blah I talked with so and so and he said so and so.

He doesn't understand that the rest of the country doesn't operate the same way. I know lots of NY'ers wo talk the same way. None of them are being dishonest about the jist of their message.

I hope you're getting paid to post here. Really.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I lived on Long Island my duty 20 years of life, that isn't a "New York thing," but rather the sign of an egoist.

Besides, in NY, coffee with cream and 2 sugars is pretty much a 'regular' coffee, not a light & sweet as claimed.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:49 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
I'll give Trump some leeway until he tells me I can keep my doctor and my health insurance plan.
And, clearly, this is why you'll continue to be conned.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:

'Leeway' is like a big wet kiss to the ears of a con-man.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You've never been to New York, have you?

And when little Donny snowflake can cut corners and leave out the TRUTH, he does. I know lots of New Yorkers too, and most consider Trump a con-man and a liar.
I lived there for twenty years.

I'm sure the Ny'ers you are referring to are democrats lol.

Nonetheless there are a lot of republicans on long island and elsewhere in NY.

Do you dispute that NY'ers speak shorthand whenever they can?

Not my experience. They will cut any corner they can as it is always about a scramble to survive in a place where there are too few resources for too many people.

They are also frequently exaggerators and braggarts to make their point.

That's all I will say not to invite their wrath.

To their credit, in an emergency, I would be happy to have a NY'er by my side, even if I didn't like them very much lol. As they are generally fearless and innovative.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
He's not lying.

Its a NY thing imo.

I'm a New Yorker--I lived in NYC for much of my life, which is why I am familiar with Trump's idiocy.

And no--we do not all try to make sentences shorter by making things up. We do not all lie. That is one of the most absurd generalizations I have ever heard.

Trump does not represent New Yorkers, who mostly dislike him.

He represents himself and he's a liar.

That is a fact.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
The excuses some make for the behavior of Donald Trump is downright laughable. Lying is now a "New York thing"? Never heard that before. I know plenty of New Yorkers and they aren't constantly lying. Seems to me lying is a Trump thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies