Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Exactly if Trump is going to get a pat on the back for the Dow Jones then Obama deserves a medal for what happened during his Presidency with the Dow Jones.

But as many here have pointed out, it isn't all about them

Trump does need to focus on the positives right now and the stock market is good, jobs are still being added. Some could argue that we are due any day now for a drop in either and if that doesn't happen...good on Trump. But I struggle to identify what exact policy is working for all of us.

I am not buying corporations are investing millions and billions based on a promise of tax reform. Not with this administration. Unfortunately for Trump, his party does not have his back. They are a divided bunch and there is no guarantee they will agree on a tax reform bill that will have the end results people claim these corporations are looking forward to.

I do think that people are feeling a sigh of relief that business as usual even with this unusual Presidency. I give that to Trump. I mean - all this chaos and business as usual.

I'm a little concerned that wages haven't risen as profits are being realized greater than first forecasted. Boeing is an example of this. Their stocks are going up based on their adjusted forecasts, they are doing better than anticipated. Meanwhile they are announcing layoffs in the east and the west? Huh? I'm sure the employees left aren't seeing boosts to their compensation packages so where is the extra money going -- in the CEO pockets?

I do think Trump inherited a very strong economic environment. Keeping it, maintaining it is a positive.

Trump's message is always going to be obnoxiously over stated. That's who he is. We will get use to it.

As for the market -- when it crashes do we blame Trump or Clinton....lol.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:24 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As for the market -- when it crashes do we blame Trump or Clinton....lol.
If the stock market crashes, then you blame the person under whose watch it happens. He owns it.

But it has to be a real crash, not some correction of 10-15% which normally happens every so often.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That's what it would need to do for Trump to be able to claim that it's matching the performance it had under Obama.

Obama & the Stock Market: How Stocks Have Performed | Money

For now, maybe he gets credit for a single base run (to the extent a President can even claim credit for the market which is subject to debate). But not for being born at third base and claiming he hit a triple.
A better question would be, how long will it remain above 20,000 or even 10,000, with the eventual effects of the chaos of Trump's administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies