Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine (AND FORUM) View Post

That said, your hyperbolic statements do more harm then they do good. Even supportive people such as myself can take exception to such erroneous and deceptive claims. Keep it factual.
I admit that my statement was misinformed, and I admit that I then defended that statement (though in my defense I feel I was at least partly correct, and at the time I initially defended that statement I was very busy and very tired and not thinking properly.)

I will stop posting in this thread to avoid causing more of the issues you stated above.

I deeply apologize to the forum for my misinformed statement and my behavior afterwards,
Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 04:59 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
I'm a pretty open-minded person, and I believe each human should be allowed to pursue whatever lifestyle, activities, and beliefs desired, with whomever they want, and should enjoy equal treatment by the law and government.

But this is simply not enough in 2017. Tolerance, live and let live is not enough. We have to push nurturance. We have to make these value judgments whereby heteronormativity and cisnormativity for small children is deemed *wrong* and something to tear down and progress beyond. We're being pushed to adopt the post-modern idea that homosexuality and gender fluidity are every bit as normal, if not more normal and desireable, as compared to heterosexuality and the binary gender model, and that small children must be exposed to this.

I mean, if someone really has a diagnosed gender dysphoria issue, that's something they'll have to deal with, and we will treat that person with humanity. Why does it follow that we should actively try and open the possibility that *everyone* has some gender dysphoria, particularly in primary school or before? Why is the default position becoming to push these ideas down?

And I'm all for little girls playing with Lego and building things.

Remember, you can convince anyone of anything if you start early enough.

I'm glad that I experienced childhood in the time and culture that I did. I'm glad I never had offspring. I don't think I want to live too far into this future that's being assembled. By 2045 the world will scarcely resemble the world in which I was raised, where I thrived. It'll be time to get out.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:54 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm a pretty open-minded person, and I believe each human should be allowed to pursue whatever lifestyle, activities, and beliefs desired, with whomever they want, and should enjoy equal treatment by the law and government.

But this is simply not enough in 2017. Tolerance, live and let live is not enough. We have to push nurturance. We have to make these value judgments whereby heteronormativity and cisnormativity for small children is deemed *wrong* and something to tear down and progress beyond. We're being pushed to adopt the post-modern idea that homosexuality and gender fluidity are every bit as normal, if not more normal and desireable, as compared to heterosexuality and the binary gender model, and that small children must be exposed to this.

I mean, if someone really has a diagnosed gender dysphoria issue, that's something they'll have to deal with, and we will treat that person with humanity. Why does it follow that we should actively try and open the possibility that *everyone* has some gender dysphoria, particularly in primary school or before? Why is the default position becoming to push these ideas down?

And I'm all for little girls playing with Lego and building things.

Remember, you can convince anyone of anything if you start early enough.

I'm glad that I experienced childhood in the time and culture that I did. I'm glad I never had offspring. I don't think I want to live too far into this future that's being assembled. By 2045 the world will scarcely resemble the world in which I was raised, where I thrived. It'll be time to get out.
Exactly. If this were any other time how in the world would these "people" survive? What's extremely ironic about it all is that it's only DUE to hetersexual same-sex men that anyone else is even allowed to exist and have the biology and technology allowed to "survive"

Old 08-04-2017, 02:00 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It's not surprising that preschools are mostly heteronormative since most kids and people are as well. It's the most common ("normal") way to be. No sense screwing that up. While people may have to accept the occasional uncommon person in their midst there is no reason at all to expect things are ever going to stop being "rife with" the most common ("normal") type of behaviors.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:08 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Child abuse and you support it. Sickening.
and proud of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies