Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:53 AM

29,655 posts, read 9,860,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
8. Bids for border wall are well underway

9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord

10. Keystone pipeline approved
8. Well underway? Bids? Psst..., (haven't even got the funding approved yet). Maybe Trump still has in mind that Mexico will pay for it. No doubt you believe that too.

9. Pulling out of the Paris accord is probably the single most backward and embarrassing thing Trump has done on the world stage, but when you can't see the negative of anything Trump does, you can't see much!

10. Again, what are the positives and negatives? And who is getting what? What makes more sense than to promote more flow of oil, even despite environmental concerns, when we've got more of a glut than ever? You one of the "winners" with this one too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 08:57 AM

20,944 posts, read 8,747,252 times
Who are the winners in all of this?

"the 472 counties Clinton carried represented 64 percent of our gross domestic product. Trump’s 2,584 counties accounted for only 36 percent of the nation’s economic activity."

Thanks Obama.
Thanks Trump.

Neither of them has done much good for the lower end...although Obama did much more with the ACA and attempts to increase the min wage - most of his efforts to help that 36 percent were blocked by the senators and congress critters that represent that minority.

This is truly amazing but as most have found up - you can't save people from themselves.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 AM

29,655 posts, read 9,860,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Who are the winners in all of this?

"the 472 counties Clinton carried represented 64 percent of our gross domestic product. Trump’s 2,584 counties accounted for only 36 percent of the nation’s economic activity."

Thanks Obama.
Thanks Trump.

Neither of them has done much good for the lower end...although Obama did much more with the ACA and attempts to increase the min wage - most of his efforts to help that 36 percent were blocked by the senators and congress critters that represent that minority.

This is truly amazing but as most have found up - you can't save people from themselves.
That was some interesting statistical information you provided that I hadn't seen before, but you didn't provide the link or source, so I had to find it myself...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.ad1ff3a486af

Thanks BTW! Normally I do nothing but waste a bit of time in this forum as I am waking up in the mornings, but sometimes I actually do learn something new. Those are some amazing numbers when you think about it.

I also read in that article that "No federal program can solve this problem, and no app can force us to have dinner with people whose views we don’t share. But we would do well to ponder whether our social geography is aggravating our already pronounced tendency to treat so many of our fellow citizens as strangers.

I believe Obama did MUCH when it comes to finally overhauling our broken health care system, but Trump and the GOP have also done MUCH to build and improve from there, so we continue to squander our opportunity to do better. I also think we will always have that "but" when it comes to anything government can do to significantly help all the "have nots" while Congress helps all the "haves" to have more at the expense of most average Americans who have so little.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:46 AM

12,715 posts, read 7,870,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
U.S. adds impressive 209,000 jobs in July as jobless rate matches 16-year low - MarketWatch

Liberals ready to concede Trump is the greatest President in decades? Perhaps ever?
Wait until August 2018. If we don't raise the debt ceiling, Dow 6,000, 15% unemployment, and 1-2 million job losses per month here we come! #MAGA #2008WasG8

Old 08-07-2017, 10:26 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,302,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wait until August 2018. If we don't raise the debt ceiling, Dow 6,000, 15% unemployment, and 1-2 million job losses per month here we come!
Wow, you stand to profit mightily from your ability to foresee the market dropping 72.88%! Better get your margin account all ready now so you can work on buying Puts and inverse leveraged ETFs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies