Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 07:26 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
In all likelihood most of them will probably be welcomed and allowed to stay, like most of your draft dodgers were. Our cultural heritage took a beating mind you, but we somehow managed.

War Resisters Remain in Canada with No Regrets - ABC News

I'm glad we didn't do the "evil" thing and send them back to where they stood a good chance of being killed for nothing. Aren't you?

We understand your embarrassment. I suspect there'll be lots more opportunities for you to experience that feeling. We're here for you.

Again: go ahead and color me redder than red with embarrassment.........just as long as YOU'RE having to deal with illegals just like we have had to. I'll take that deal!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 08:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Again: go ahead and color me redder than red with embarrassment.........just as long as YOU'RE having to deal with illegals just like we have had to. I'll take that deal!!
No surprise; failing to deal with a self created "illegal immigration" problem then gloating while Canada is forced to deal with a "refugee" problem it also created is considered normal and expected now. Goes back to that hypocrisy thing we discussed earlier.

No one is surprised you'd "take that deal" dealing with U.S. created mess has become the new normal for many countries.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Canadians aren't howling about the refugees, but are welcoming them.
Oh, there definitely are Canadians complaining about refugees. Please. Not all of us on this thread are Americans who know little about Canada.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Good.

The the globalists running that cold place take care of them.
How do you it? One brilliant post after another! I'm truly humbled.

"...that cold place..."? Which state do you live in?

Old 08-10-2017, 10:30 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post

Nonsense. I was not incorrect. Did you even bother to read your article that you posted? If you did then read it again carefully, slowly and honestly and let the message sink in. There is absolutely no where in that article where the immigration lawyer has indicated that American citizens can qualify as refugees. Not in Canada, not anywhere.

Do you know what "refugee" means? At this time in history there is no such thing as an American refugee. Such a status does not exist for the citizens of the richest and most powerful and most productive and entitled country in the world.

The only way there can be American citizen refugees is if a disaster happens on continental USA such as destruction from war or natural disaster that destroys the country, makes it uninhabitable and displaces the people and they have no safe refuge to go to in USA and must abandon the country to seek survival and safe refuge elsewhere.

If American citizens presently living in other countries are forced to flee those countries because of disaster they still won't qualify as refugees in any other country because they already have the legal right to return to the richest and most powerful and most productive and entitled country in the world.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:58 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, then they would stay in the USA....By the way, the current surge consists mostly of Haitians, driven from their homeland by the 2010 earthquake, who were told by the U.S. government in May they could face deportation as early as January 2018. You were provided a link to the article, maybe you should read it.
Wow, you are getting the Haitians? I would take the Somalis over those and that is not a compliment to the Haitians!

Old 08-10-2017, 02:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We better start planning the northern border wall.
I thought I read that we have been or will start to use drones for that border since a wall isn't as practical.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
How any American is bashing on Canada is beyond me. Canada has been a good neighbor for a very long time. They are our first cousins if not closer. I travel a lot and run into Canadians abroad. We always get along fine.
I don't cheer them having to deal with refugees or illegals. Our politicians ignored the problem for far too long. It was all a harmless crime, until it became a very expensive harmless crime.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I am glad to see Canadians are taking care of all these third world economic migrants. Thank You Mr. Trudeau for inviting them, and thank you Mr. Trump for helping them self deport.

I hope the Canadian people are more prepared than Germany was...

Waves of asylum seekers keep coming at illegal border crossing in Quebec - Politics - CBC News

Illegal border crossings could create 'urgent need' to revisit policy, Ahmed Hussen was warned in March - Politics - CBC News
There's really no way to prepare, other than to vet them. Keep in mind that when the crap hits the fan those people will just as easily come right back when the grass is greener here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't cheer them having to deal with refugees or illegals. Our politicians ignored the problem for far too long. It was all a harmless crime, until it became a very expensive harmless crime.
So, basically it was never a harmless crime.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 PM

1,225 posts, read 606,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Nonsense. I was not incorrect. Did you even bother to read your article that you posted? If you did then read it again carefully, slowly and honestly and let the message sink in. There is absolutely no where in that article where the immigration lawyer has indicated that American citizens can qualify as refugees. Not in Canada, not anywhere.

Do you know what "refugee" means? At this time in history there is no such thing as an American refugee. Such a status does not exist for the citizens of the richest and most powerful and most productive and entitled country in the world.

The only way there can be American citizen refugees is if a disaster happens on continental USA such as destruction from war or natural disaster that destroys the country, makes it uninhabitable and displaces the people and they have no safe refuge to go to in USA and must abandon the country to seek survival and safe refuge elsewhere.

If American citizens presently living in other countries are forced to flee those countries because of disaster they still won't qualify as refugees in any other country because they already have the legal right to return to the richest and most powerful and most productive and entitled country in the world.

It did not say that they couldn't. It just said that it's difficult
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies